PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dinner?

rekrap123
28-Nov-12, 23:27
Hi, Not to sure where this should be, I was wondering if anyone knows which restaurants are open on Xmas day?Thanks

Julia
29-Nov-12, 01:14
As far as I understand it, everything is booked, my pal rang every establishment in Caithness offering Xmas day dinner and no joy whatsoever

Kodiak
29-Nov-12, 14:39
I do believe Julia is correct. I booked my Christmas Lunch 2 Months ago and I was one of the last that they were taking bookings for. By what has been posted here at the Org it would seem every place that is open on Christmas Day is now fully booked.

Except one place I can thibk of and that is Charlie Chans Chinese Restaurant in Thurso, they may be open and still have places.

Serenity
29-Nov-12, 16:09
Has anyone tried booking with the Portland Arms? I know they started advertising well after everywhere else was already booked.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?191570-portland-arms-christmas-menues

Beat Bug
29-Nov-12, 16:33
We called in some time ago to ask about Christmas lunch. They were expecting a decision from the Company a few days later, and would phone us. Not heard back, so have now decided to stay at home instead.

Eilanboy
29-Nov-12, 17:17
Hi, Not to sure where this should be, I was wondering if anyone knows which restaurants are open on Xmas day?Thanks

Last year the Norseman did a christmas day carvery.Not sure if they are doing it this year but you could check with them

Tickling-Trout
30-Nov-12, 09:42
Sorry Christmas Day at the Norseman is full and there was a waiting list, but they are not taking any more names, I think the Castletown is full too.