PDA

View Full Version : Switching Station, Sinclair bay

gerry4
28-Nov-12, 22:26
Does anyone know anything about this proposed switching station that they are wanting to build in Sinclair Bay area? Location, size etc? It is all of a big plan to transmit electricity from the Orkney's & Shetlands to the mainland & into the grid. It will go from Sinclair Bay via subsea cable to the Moray coast and on to Keith.

Bill Fernie
01-Dec-12, 00:23
There is a huge amount of work going on and to come on the grid system. I and two other councillors recently had a presentation at Shin substation near Lairg.

The SSE business dealing with transmission was SHETL and recently changed to SHE Transmission.

Here is link to their projects map that has links to various sub web site where you can find out quite a bit about what is happening now and in the near future -
http://www.ssepd.co.uk/Transmission/ProjectsMap/

There is a massive amount of investment going on and still to come in the north and Scotland as a whole. You can check out the Caithness parts on this site also.

starfish
01-Dec-12, 00:41
We will be holding a community meeting on Wednesday 5th December at 7.30pm in Keiss Hall for the community to raise issues with regard to the proposed Switching Station in Keiss, all welcome to raise their concerns which will then be raised with SSE. please let people know

gerry4
01-Dec-12, 10:31
Thanks for that. I had seen it but a resident of the area told me that a site for it had been allocated but I could find no information on exactly where it was, just the general area.

It is something that is needed to connect all the renewables to the national grid and so must be done.

northener
08-Dec-12, 10:01
Bump......