PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Blings

Sairheed
19-Dec-06, 10:05
Surprised, in view of the superb Christmas displays around, that none have found their way to this website http://www.houseblinger.com/

Through
19-Dec-06, 14:20
Don't you think an awful lot of these are over the top? Especially since we're being told to stop wasting electricity.

Lolabelle
19-Dec-06, 14:24
Don't you think an awful lot of these are over the top? Especially since we're being told to stop wasting electricity.

No way, they are terrific, I love them and the more the merrier. I don't intend to take my lights down ever! I just will not turn them on all the time.

danc1ngwitch
19-Dec-06, 19:11
ah well im an earthy person i love all the displays but i think sometimes its keep up wea the jones... we all should try and do our bit so hey lets all turn off our computers for the night [lol] i do try tho xxx

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Dec-06, 20:04
For a second I thought someone meant the state of Thurso's town lighting. It really is one of the poorest lit places in Scotland.

flash
19-Dec-06, 22:24
I actualy thought the Thurso lights were quite tasteful and not overdone

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Dec-06, 01:05
Sorry, I meant the street lighting in general.

Through
20-Dec-06, 14:48
I don't think the strret lighting in Thurso is bad at all. Anywhere in particular you refer to?

The Thurso Christmas lights are my favourite of anywhere.

dirdyweeker
20-Dec-06, 22:28
lovely display of lights in a garden just outside of Reiss on the road to Castletown. Well worth a visit if you have children.

Through
20-Dec-06, 22:31
I used to like the ones at Grant Hall. Maybe the new owners will take up the tradition.

the charlatans
20-Dec-06, 22:36
i saw it tonight and its pretty good, plenty room for all the Bling bling bling.

there's a few about, one on the bend north of Watten, (nearly crashed the car gawping at this, so take care) one bottom of Henrietta St, Wick, one halfway up Willowbank and one bottom of Scalesburn.

Why aren't the houses in the cul de sac opposite the Henrietta St Chippy on this year? didn't they pay their bill last year?????????

And can the Org print up a map for us parents driving about showing the bairns the lights?

I even drove up North Murchison street especially tonight to see them, but it wasn't on! i was devestated. well, not really but i do like a bit of bling at Christmas. especially when someone else is paying the bill.

Where else are they????????

dirdyweeker
20-Dec-06, 22:46
I too was looking in Henrietta Court/Cres/avenue (or whatever) but they are not on this year. The kids love to go out driving around to find them.

paddy
20-Dec-06, 23:22
one of the houses in henrietta street have their lights on tonight looks quite nice. it was strange to go past and not see any before.

DIH
23-Dec-06, 13:55
In reply to the Charlatans, yes we did pay our electricity bill last year for the lights. Two of my neighbours have not put their lights up this year because of poor health. I finally got mine up a few days ago but it takes a while to put them up as I work full time. They will be on tomorrow evening (Christmas eve) for a few hours if anyone wishes to see them. Hope you all enjoy them. Merry christmas to you all from everyone in Henrietta Terrace.

plumber
23-Dec-06, 15:55
It is Henrietta Terrace. And I know one of the residence is not keeping very well. Hope they get better soon

johno
23-Dec-06, 22:07
i saw it tonight and its pretty good, plenty room for all the Bling bling bling.

there's a few about, one on the bend north of Watten, (nearly crashed the car gawping at this, so take care) one bottom of Henrietta St, Wick, one halfway up Willowbank and one bottom of Scalesburn.

Why aren't the houses in the cul de sac opposite the Henrietta St Chippy on this year? didn't they pay their bill last year?????????

And can the Org print up a map for us parents driving about showing the bairns the lights?

I even drove up North Murchison street especially tonight to see them, but it wasn't on! i was devestated. well, not really but i do like a bit of bling at Christmas. especially when someone else is paying the bill.

Where else are they????????
Lindsey place [just of Willowbank] is definately worth a look :eek:

the charlatans
23-Dec-06, 22:25
In reply to the Charlatans, yes we did pay our electricity bill last year for the lights. Two of my neighbours have not put their lights up this year because of poor health. I finally got mine up a few days ago but it takes a while to put them up as I work full time. They will be on tomorrow evening (Christmas eve) for a few hours if anyone wishes to see them. Hope you all enjoy them. Merry christmas to you all from everyone in Henrietta Terrace.

Ah Brilliant, am glad youve got yer lights up now. Its not Christmas unless the Terrace is bright and festive. Good health to you and especially your neighbour, tell them their lights are missed this year and hope to see them back up twinkling away next year.

And i'm glad you paid yer bill!!!

DIH
23-Dec-06, 23:12
I will pass on your message to my neighbours. Hopefully all will be well next year and we'll all be lit up. The terrace has been quite dull this year without them. I'm glad so many people enjoy the light display. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.