PDA

View Full Version : Tescos prices

k888ven
27-Nov-12, 21:05
Bought frozen sausages from tesco last week price £1.00 same product this week £1.50 daylight robbery how can they justify it even dick turpin wore a mask

linda.borgie
27-Nov-12, 21:12
waiting for a home delivery - at least it is paid for lol!!!

pat
27-Nov-12, 22:28
I usually buy tescos evaporated milk, went in to buy some today - has risen 50%, from 48p to 79p.
Carnation evaporated milk was only 74p but strangely the small size of their tin was also 74p!
5kg bag of sugar has gone up from 3.99 to 4.50.
Checked these prices on return from London last week.
Prices are definitely on a steep increase.

sids
27-Nov-12, 23:56
You get better sausages from the butcher, if that's any help.

2little2late
27-Nov-12, 23:57
It's ridiculous. I paid 85p for a tin of Carnation evaporated milk from Tesco, when I got home and opened the tin it was empty. [lol]

pirateeye
28-Nov-12, 00:13
It's quite sad how much prices have gone up. I noticed this with the sugar also. A few other things I regularly buy too. Do tesco put their employees wages up the same time they put their product prices up? :eek: Joke of the millenium!

taz94
28-Nov-12, 05:19
i bought a tin of tescos baked beans and sausge to see wht there like only to open the tin and there to be mould everywhere inside, disgusted doesnt cover it will not be buying them again

Shaggy
28-Nov-12, 07:30
anyone noticed the 2p a litre fuel reduction that didn't happen up here? As for ripoff prices, i used to buy the same stuff on a weekly basis and some weeks i had to query when it was more expensive. One week it was almost £3 more than the previous weeks shop so i just left it all with them. Tesco have a monopoly and they think they know that so keep trying to fool us with their stupid pricing policies.....

sids
28-Nov-12, 13:11
i bought a tin of tescos baked beans and sausge to see wht there like only to open the tin and there to be mould everywhere inside, disgusted doesnt cover it will not be buying them again

Conversely, I opened a tin of their own brand baked sausge and beans. Imagine my surprise when I was struck by a huge boxing glove on a spring!

ter21wat
28-Nov-12, 13:54
I usually by the tescos ready to cook chicken, you know the little trays that have 2 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon or with hunters sauce etc, and until a week or so ago they were 1 for £3 or 2 for £5....went to get some yesterday and they have gone up to £4 each or 2 for £7!!

KILTIECAULDBUM
28-Nov-12, 16:08
Another trick they try and pull is to hike the price up on items that are maybe usually £4.00 each, increase the price to say £6.00 and then knock it back down to £5.00. They then make a big song and dance about how much cheaper they've made it, when actually it's £1.00 dearer than it was to start with [evil]

At this time of year you really need to check your receipt too, as quite often the 'deal' you thought you were getting wasn't applied at the check-out!! It might not amount to much sometimes, but 'every little helps' as they say. [disgust]

Stack Rock
28-Nov-12, 16:51
[QUOTE=Shaggy;990935]anyone noticed the 2p a litre fuel reduction that didn't happen up here?, QUOTE]

I noticed that Derv is down 1p today when I drove past - could come down a lot more

Shaggy
28-Nov-12, 22:46
yeah i noticed myself this morning that the fuel prices had come down :eek:, i nearly swerved off the road and into the field with shock!!. Still not as cheap as anywhere else in the UK though. Also with todays news about minimum pricing per alcohol unit i await the £25 case of lager! i also suspect that in anticipation of this minimum pricing that Tescos have had 1000's of cases in their warehouse for the last 6 months that cost them around £6 each and now they will be raking in £18-£19 profit per case.......the big players get richer while the public get poorer and more pubs go to the wall.....

2little2late
29-Nov-12, 01:30
The fuel in Wick is also 5p a litre dearer than Tesco Tain. Tesco have had their day. If they have a poor christmas and new year, chief executive Phillip Clarke will be out the door. Also, Tesco had millions of pounds put aside for mini refurbs in all their stores, this was cancelled at a cost of millions they had already spent preparing for the revamps. Hence Tesco raising prices to recuperate the millions they have lost. Highland councillors should do the decent thing and not grant them planning permission to build a new store when the current one runs out in a couple of months time. Tesco are bullies, they have had their day.

nightspirit
29-Nov-12, 22:38
It is just a local competition with tescos and the fuel - there have several times wick has been CHEAPER than here in greenock yet invernes sems to be 5p-7p per liter cheaper - not just wick that has the fuel issue - we are all being ripped of in one way or another as they say .

Eilanboy
30-Nov-12, 15:15
It is just a local competition with tescos and the fuel - there have several times wick has been CHEAPER than here in greenock yet invernes sems to be 5p-7p per liter cheaper - not just wick that has the fuel issue - we are all being ripped of in one way or another as they say .

The reason Inverness and Tain are cheaper is becauase of Asda.Until Asda moved to Inverness Tesco were aslways 3p dearer in Inverness than Elgin.All they are doing in Wick is keeping just below local retailers.No competition for them up here in fuel or groceries and don't even mention the Co-op.It has gone downhill rapidly especially in Wick

captain chaos
30-Nov-12, 15:46
It makes me laugh sometimes how on the org people rant about the price of petrol/diesel, it cant be about the saving of a couple of pence per litre as out of the 3 filling stations in Thurso 2 are always at least 2p per litre dearer than the other , yet they must have customers or they would have shut ages ago. Why rant about a couple of pence saving when you could be doing that now or is it that people dont notice the difference even in Thurso?

If 2p per litre is worth saving why does everyone not go to the cheapest?

Kevin Milkins
02-Dec-12, 17:51
I'm not sure now who would be the cheapest on fuel.[lol]

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/68638_10151204608058692_1694584788_n.jpg

Glynsu
04-Dec-12, 00:26
Just a quickie I noticed the other day. A 30m long roll of foil.
Lidles - £1.99
Tesco - £4.00

Cheese rolls are better from Lidles too.

sids
04-Dec-12, 13:42
It makes me laugh sometimes how on the org people rant about the price of petrol/diesel, it cant be about the saving of a couple of pence per litre as out of the 3 filling stations in Thurso 2 are always at least 2p per litre dearer than the other , yet they must have customers or they would have shut ages ago. Why rant about a couple of pence saving when you could be doing that now or is it that people dont notice the difference even in Thurso?

If 2p per litre is worth saving why does everyone not go to the cheapest?

Maybe the people using the dearer filling stations are not the same people who are ranting?

sids
04-Dec-12, 13:45
Bought frozen sausages

How unlike the home life of our dear Queen.

2little2late
05-Dec-12, 02:40
Tesco Tain, sold McEwan's Export at a cost of £12.29 for a pack of 12. Then they discontinued it. Yesterday I was in the Tain store and low and behold at £12.99 for a pack of 12, McEwan's Export, and to top it off the shelf edge label says "NEW" on it too. What a rip off.

ducati
05-Dec-12, 08:53
yeah i noticed myself this morning that the fuel prices had come down :eek:, i nearly swerved off the road and into the field with shock!!. Still not as cheap as anywhere else in the UK though. Also with todays news about minimum pricing per alcohol unit i await the £25 case of lager! i also suspect that in anticipation of this minimum pricing that Tescos have had 1000's of cases in their warehouse for the last 6 months that cost them around £6 each and now they will be raking in £18-£19 profit per case.......the big players get richer while the public get poorer and more pubs go to the wall.....

Yes the pubs are going to the wall because of £6 larger. Which do you want?

ducati
05-Dec-12, 08:56
Just a quickie I noticed the other day. A 30m long roll of foil.
Lidles - £1.99
Tesco - £4.00

Cheese rolls are better from Lidles too.

How did you get it in the house? [lol]