PDA

View Full Version : smells

pirateeye
18-Dec-06, 22:02
i just smelt a horrible smell...
what's the worst smell you can think of?
i was once getting some food from a van at the side of the road and there was horrible farm smells...right by the food, mingin! but dad, being brought up on a farm said he loved it!!
gross lol

horse
18-Dec-06, 22:06
The smell you get when the frost starts and the farmers manage to get out into there once wet fields and spray slurry.

Emms
18-Dec-06, 22:09
Alcohol induced vomit (yes I know, too much information) but it really stinks.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Dec-06, 22:12
OOOhhh and I thought it was Weeboyagee after a weekend on the drink. I was being polite and not mentioning the aroma :confused I thought he may have stopped off for a curry on Saturday night and we were all suffering for it.:lol: Dont you just hate the smell of slurry dung smells nicer.

sweetpea
18-Dec-06, 22:21
Too numerous to mention but working in hospitals left a few impressions on me smell wise.:eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Dec-06, 22:22
Alcohol induced vomit (yes I know, too much information) but it really stinks.

Smells even worse Emms when it goes up yer nose.Then ye can really smell it.:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Dec-06, 22:24
OOOhhh and I thought it was Weeboyagee after a weekend on the drink. I was being polite and not mentioning the aroma :confused I thought he may have stopped off for a curry on Saturday night and we were all suffering for it.:lol: Dont you just hate the smell of slurry dung smells nicer.

So it was slurry I was smelling at work the day.I thought a cow had ate a very bad curry and had exploded.LOL

Through
18-Dec-06, 22:28
Not to boast, but some of my own are quite something to experience. Other than that, butyric acid is widely acknowledged as a very strong contender. That's the substance responsible for the smell of rancid butter, but butter only ever has very small amounts. Mercaptans are very strong and you'd be amazed at how little of the mercaptan added to gas makes that strong smell. I've come across tertiary amines used as catalysts and although they are not the worst thing to assault my nose, some people seem particularly affected by them. The smell of burnt or very hot plastic from injection moulding processes can be very pungent and give an acute, sharp, sudden attack on the senses. How many would you like to see listed here, or are you all bored already?

candyfloss
18-Dec-06, 22:31
The smell of eggs and bacon in the morning when you have a really bad hangover :eek:

Jeemag_USA
18-Dec-06, 22:35
Not to boast, but some of my own are quite something to experience. Other than that, butyric acid is widely acknowledged as a very strong contender. That's the substance responsible for the smell of rancid butter, but butter only ever has very small amounts. Mercaptans are very strong and you'd be amazed at how little of the mercaptan added to gas makes that strong smell. I've come across tertiary amines used as catalysts and although they are not the worst thing to assault my nose, some people seem particularly affected by them. The smell of burnt or very hot plastic from injection moulding processes can be very pungent and give an acute, sharp, sudden attack on the senses. How many would you like to see listed here, or are you all bored already?

AH HA HA, I thought was funny, what the hell is he on aboot, I dunno but its funny :lol:

Yes I am a hater of the slurry, especially in the morning when I used to drive to work and get it sucked into the car, MINGIN!!

pirateeye
18-Dec-06, 22:36
hey don't diss bacon and eggs!!! lol

Emms
18-Dec-06, 22:39
Smells even worse Emms when it goes up yer nose.Then ye can really smell it.:lol:

Urgggh!, must definately make a mental note to avoid that one! lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Dec-06, 22:39

A mercaptan,is that no James T Kirk wi a fishtail?:lol:

candyfloss
18-Dec-06, 22:40
hey don't diss bacon and eggs!!! lol
Don't get me wrong i really do like bacon and eggs..........just not with a hangover [lol]

EDDIE
19-Dec-06, 00:00
I think the worst smell is a dogs fart absolutly minging in some ways im jelous i wish when ever i farted i could make that smell to lol must be guy thing.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Dec-06, 00:04
I think the worst smell is a dogs fart absolutly minging in some ways im jelous i wish when ever i farted i could make that smell to lol must be guy thing.

Know what ye mean EDDIE,I was always thinkin that masel.ye smell dog food and its rank,but ye smell a dog fart and say thats quite sweet.Ye smell a curry and say thats quite sweet,ye smell a curry fart and say thats rank.:lol: :lol:

wifie
19-Dec-06, 01:05
What about heaps too much perfume or too many smells applied at once? I find these more mingin' than any dungy smell. Brought up on a farm though maybe that accounts for my taste in smells. PS Enjoying farts is definitely a guy thing!

JAWS
19-Dec-06, 03:03
You lot have never suffered! Six in the morning, still half asleep and suffering from the night before and walking past the local Pickle Works when there's no breeze.

You soon find out how strong your stomach is! :lol:

Naefearjustbeer
19-Dec-06, 03:55
Burning or rotten flesh has to be the worst stomach churning smells I have ever smelt:(

lelebo
19-Dec-06, 10:55
cigarette smoke when you don't smoke AND have a hangover - makes me throw up every time *bleeeeuuuuuuuchh*

cuddlepop
19-Dec-06, 11:07
Trapped water under the floorboards that know one knows about.The smell when it was eventually discovered lingers for ever.
smelling it now in our kitchen.Think its the water from the dogs bowl thats got under the laminate.:eek:
Guess what Mr Cp will be doing shortly;)

lin
19-Dec-06, 12:41
Garlic breath, have you ever sat on a crowded bus and the person next to you has garlic breath. Horrible[disgust]

Lolabelle
19-Dec-06, 13:32
We once had an indoor cat, and she was happily doing her business in the cat litter as Dave walked by having his morning smokers coughing fit. She dropped a smelly as he was taking a deep breath. He sucked the fumes in and started to gag. He then ran into the loo and turned to heave into the toilet with such force that he tore a muscle or something between his ribs and was in agony for months. LOL [lol] . We thought it was hilarious, but he still hates cats.
A funny consequence of this story was that he climbed into one of the trailers on the trucks and couldn't pull himself back out because of the injury. Another truck driver had to get into the trailer and put his shoulder under Dave's bum and heave him up and over the side of the trailer.

PS, we no longer have any cats and Dave gave up smoking!

Through
19-Dec-06, 13:57
Rotten fish. Now there's a smell for you. Try hiding a fish in your victim's car. If you pick a good spot, they won't be able to find it for days and by that time it'll be near impossible to get into that car for the smell.

flash
19-Dec-06, 14:21
a guiness and curry fart when you have a hangover

Errogie
19-Dec-06, 17:16
Thurso crab factory used to be bad in the old days but my brother once left a jam jar of worms for fishing in a hot car for three months until I opened it...

pirateeye
19-Dec-06, 18:57
i'm beginning to regret starting this thread[lol] , it's totally discusting!

danc1ngwitch
19-Dec-06, 20:04
toilet after my eldest is finished in it [lol] she gonna kill me

emszxr
19-Dec-06, 21:08
my hubby says a dead rotten hedgehog that the dog rolled in and it took weeks to get rid of the smell out of her coat.

SNOWDOG
20-Dec-06, 00:17
Worst smell ever is Melaena! (Wont go into details, find dictionary)[disgust]

adasco69
20-Dec-06, 00:25
Either all the slurry they're flinging about the fields at the moment, or rotten cat food. Yech!

George Brims
21-Dec-06, 02:21
A certain biology teacher at Week HS once got some dogfish from the fishermen for us to dissect. That was smelly enough, but she packed some of them in bags with formaldehyde to preserve them. A year or so later, working towards the Higher, we had to dissect some of those. The preservation didn't work too well, so when someone cut into an egg inside one (a yolk about the size of a goose egg yolk) the combination of rotting fish, rotten egg, and formaldehyde was unspeakable. They don't make swear words strong enough (we tried all the ones we knew and they didn't do it justice).

changilass
21-Dec-06, 02:34
The worst smell has to be dorrian(sp?) fruit. They love it in Singapore. Looks a bit like a hedgehog before you open it up, once open it is the most disgusting thing going. There are signs all over the underground to say it is banned (close spaces and all that) lol

The Angel Of Death
21-Dec-06, 15:18
Worst i have come across has to be stale water when your guttering is blocked all that mankie water mixed we mud and god knows what else almost got the dry heave thinking about it

Saveman
21-Dec-06, 15:39
Two words.......Calamine Lotion.

Geo
21-Dec-06, 15:51
Two words.......Calamine Lotion.

Ahhhh is it your krytonite? ;)

Saveman
21-Dec-06, 15:56
Ahhhh is it your krytonite? ;)

That and baked beans :p

jings00
21-Dec-06, 16:40
Used to HATE the smell from the chicken factory in Bucksburn, totally rank, mingin, yeuch!! and i probably still would hate the smell.
i think some cat farts are worse than dog farts.
quite like the smell of compound w, the stuff for warts, mind my sister using it on a hand wart when i was wee. her wart, like, no mine.

The Angel Of Death
21-Dec-06, 16:48
i think some cat farts are worse than dog farts.

You are not wrong there our cat can clear a room no problems

Geo
21-Dec-06, 18:25
i just smelt a horrible smell...
what's the worst smell you can think of?
i was once getting some food from a van at the side of the road and there was horrible farm smells...right by the food, mingin! but dad, being brought up on a farm said he loved it!!
gross lol

I don't know what he had been eating but the smell emanating from your Labrador pup this afternoon was pretty bad! :)

paris
21-Dec-06, 18:28
I live not far from an onion factory, yuck ! but i must say our bulldog beats any onion factory OR human for that matter, and loud ,well, my hubbys partially deaf and even he can hear them. jan x:lol: