PDA

View Full Version : Church

hails4
18-Dec-06, 20:31
Hey folks looking to get married but having a huge trouble getting hold of a church, looking to get had of Bridge street or Parish, tried the numbers on the wedding section of this site for bout a month with no joy!

Any help appreciated

mums angels
18-Dec-06, 20:34
Try going on a Sunday and speak to the vicar:)

mccaugm
18-Dec-06, 21:01
Hey folks looking to get married but having a huge trouble getting hold of a church, looking to get had of Bridge street or Parish, tried the numbers on the wedding section of this site for bout a month with no joy!

Any help appreciated

Which religion are you? The churches in Scotland are not happy with people who never attend church wanting to get married in church. Some will not allow you to marry in church if you have lived together. Depends on the opinions of the minister/priest/pastor.

I am Episcopalian and when I married my husband he was a non-church goer. We married in a register office. After our son was born and I requested that he be baptised, my husband insisted that he would not let his son go through something he hadn't. They were both baptised on the same day.

hails4
18-Dec-06, 21:34
i was a regular when i was younger, (20 now!) havnt been in 10years but still know of the revrand, Im a church of Scotland lad. Dont think ill go this Sunday as its christmas eve, it'll be to busy!

Cattach
19-Dec-06, 08:51
i was a regular when i was younger, (20 now!) havnt been in 10years but still know of the revrand, Im a church of Scotland lad. Dont think ill go this Sunday as its christmas eve, it'll be to busy!

Can see this church wedding is important to you!!!!! Forget it and live in sin.

badger
19-Dec-06, 13:56
Can see this church wedding is important to you!!!!! Forget it and live in sin.
Quite. If you can't be bothered to go to church and presumably don't believe in it, why on earth should you expect to be married there? Sheer hypocrisy. Be honest and go to a registry office.