PDA

View Full Version : Central Lock(ing) Problem

wick2011
24-Nov-12, 20:39
I had problems opening the driver's door as key wouldn't open it straight away. After applying some lubricant it worked and also the central locking worked for a short time. But now only the driver's door opens when turning the key but not the other doors - same when locking.

Any ideas?

Is it worth taking it to a garage to sort it out or is it quite expensive?

Thanks for any advice.

Kodiak
24-Nov-12, 20:58
Is it worth taking it to a garage to sort it out or is it quite expensive?

It all depends on the make of Car, what I would do if I was you, is to take your Car to Viking Motors and get their opinion. Or ask Tugmistress here at the .org as Viking Moptors is run by her and her Husband, well worth a PM to her.

snow tiger
24-Nov-12, 21:15
Had a similar problem with a car, it ended up to be a sensor and mechanism on the drivers door that was at fault easy fix once you get door panel off.

wick2011
24-Nov-12, 21:20
Had a similar problem with a car, it ended up to be a sensor and mechanism on the drivers door that was at fault easy fix once you get door panel off.

does it mean you need to buy a sensor? if so, would you be able to buy it locally?
thanks.

fred
24-Nov-12, 22:15
I had problems opening the driver's door as key wouldn't open it straight away. After applying some lubricant it worked and also the central locking worked for a short time. But now only the driver's door opens when turning the key but not the other doors - same when locking.

What sort of lubricant did you use?