PDA

View Full Version : Dounreay bus help.

rich62_uk
23-Nov-12, 16:57
Can anyone stop a Dounreay bus and use it as normal ?

Alrock
23-Nov-12, 18:02
Quick answer.... Yes.

rich62_uk
23-Nov-12, 18:08
Well I watched two drive past my house not stopping despite the fact that my son was waving to them ! I felt so sorry for him as he had no other way of getting into town tonight... :(

Alrock
23-Nov-12, 18:18
Was it an official stop?
I just say Yes because I've used them before to get from Castletown to Thurso late at night.

rich62_uk
23-Nov-12, 18:20
No it was not an official stop.

Alrock
23-Nov-12, 18:32
The way I see it then is 2 options... Complain and/or tell him to wear a yellow hi-vis jacket to make himself look like a Dounreay worker & then the bus should hopefully stop.

rich62_uk
23-Nov-12, 18:38
I wont complain as it was not an official stop, I can try and convince a teen that its a superdry high viz lol.

mi16
23-Nov-12, 20:36
Did you expect the buss just to pull over without being at a designated stop?

rich62_uk
23-Nov-12, 21:06
With your hand out then buses in the country normally pull over. So yes.

alistair harper
23-Nov-12, 22:17
Dounreay buses are service buses and can be hailed in the countryside but must be borded at bus stops in the town or village also in the winter months its advisable to carry a torch so that you can inform the driver you would like him/her to stop.

sids
24-Nov-12, 00:51
It's not impossible that they were full.

Night Owl
24-Nov-12, 01:25
Was at an official bus stop today, must admit I didnt put my hand up to "show the driver of a Dounreay bus" I was wanting him to stop and needless to say he didnt. Maybe a hi viz jacket is the answer :)

rich62_uk
24-Nov-12, 04:10
Yes it could of been full and a torch and hi viz jacket is both good ideas, thank you. :)

sids
24-Nov-12, 09:57
Was at an official bus stop today, must admit I didnt put my hand up to "show the driver of a Dounreay bus" I was wanting him to stop and needless to say he didnt. Maybe a hi viz jacket is the answer :)

The answer is to convey to the driver that it is his bus that you are waiting for and you would like him to stop.

If you are one of his regulars, or if you are at a bus stop and look like someone going to Dounreay, then he'll probably stop anyway.

Of course, the driver in the first post might have been somehow recalcitrant or lazy, or maybe didn't even know he was supposed to pick up "civilians."