PDA

View Full Version : Dog Dirt

Echick1
23-Nov-12, 14:52
A warning to people their is a young lad in Thurso who walks about with a Husky like dog with a brown Muzzle i caught him few months back walk past my house letting his dog do dirt on the grass and walk of i told him to put in bag but just ignored and today at lunch time i was driving past Thurso Key cutting shop and their was his dog do dirt again and he walked of leaving it. i think this is a disgrace as people who have dog like myself get slated againtfor not cleaning it up but we do its people like this that dont and should not have a dog in my eyes...

M Swanson
23-Nov-12, 15:03
I couldn't agree more Echick. It's a perennial problem in the south, too. I belong to a dog walking group and we all carry spare bags and if someone doesn't pick up, we politely offer them one. You wouldn't believe some of the abuse we receive. I think the thing that most concerns us, is the danger to children from a very nasty disease called toxicariasis. I find the majority of dog owners act responsibly, but there's always a small minority who stubbornly refuse to co-operate. We have a few dog wardens and they encourage the rest of us to record details and, if possible, photographic evidence of wrong-doers. Several folks have been prosecuted and given a hefty fine, but it still goes on.

Mik.M.
23-Nov-12, 17:20
Report it to the dog warden or the Police,they know who he is as do many others.

gollach
23-Nov-12, 17:26
Think a few folk in Thurso will know who he is. That dog is muzzled for a reason.

baileys Bhoy
23-Nov-12, 17:39
I myself am a dog owner and always clean up after my dog, I'm also a mum to a two year old and heavily pregnant again... My daughter regularly steps in dog dirt which is a real concern of mine as I am pregnant I need to watch what I touch.... I know my own dog has had all her jabs but I have no idea about the dog who's dirt I am now cleaning off my daughter's shoes! It's a real pain when "most" dog owners clean up after there dog, its a select few that make the rest of us look bad! I used to work in a hotel and I remember one "tourist" saying to her friend that Thurso was disgracefull for the amount of dirt that was lying around! I was very angry hearing that, yet nothing has changed!

mrsC2011
26-Nov-12, 21:36
wick is just as bad there was one night a few yrs ago that me and my friend were out with our dogs and we got verbally attacked by a man in his car for lettin our dogs do its buisness outside his front door he only stopped us as we were the first ppl he saw with dog and the best of it was we never even passed his door we went down williamson st and this man live right at the front of the harbour and we always have bags with us to pick up our dog mess

if u go in to the council service point u can get dog mess bags for FREE no many ppl no this i think it should be advertised a bit better

Princess
27-Nov-12, 15:11
Its absolutely disgusting. I live in Wick, near the north school and today I picked up 6 bits of dogs dirt out my garden!!

slinky
27-Nov-12, 17:37
william goodbrand is the culprit lives in holborn avenue

Echick1
28-Nov-12, 10:03
well i think he is a disgrace and should not have a dog, he was pulling the dog on the lead hard as soon as he did the deed just to get away from the scene of the crime.
I did try to call the dog wardens number few time to report but no one ever picked up?