PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Pens is going to be on the Telly

Martin England
19-Nov-12, 14:36
Caithness Pens is going to be on the telly

Last week BBC Alba contacted us regarding filming for Alba and possibly reporting Scotland
We were first filmed at the Eden Court show Inverness on Friday.
Today they came up here (sunny Castletown) to interview me and do some filming of me working in the workshop.
I must confess to being somewhat relieved it’s all over without any hick-ups

Hope this post is allowed and I'm not breaking any forum rules. If any forum rules broken sorry!!!!!

Martin

Ballymore
19-Nov-12, 15:51
Great stuff - your pens are lovely! Perfect for pressies.

catran
19-Nov-12, 20:52
what type of pens

JustMe
20-Nov-12, 00:10
what type of pens

www.caithnesspens.com (http://www.caithnesspens.com)

Moira
20-Nov-12, 23:40
Caithness Pens is going to be on the telly

Last week BBC Alba contacted us regarding filming for Alba and possibly reporting Scotland
We were first filmed at the Eden Court show Inverness on Friday.
Today they came up here (sunny Castletown) to interview me and do some filming of me working in the workshop.
I must confess to being somewhat relieved it’s all over without any hick-ups

Hope this post is allowed and I'm not breaking any forum rules. If any forum rules broken sorry!!!!!

Martin

Well done you!

I sometimes watch BBC Alba. I don't speak Gaelic but I like the fact that some programmes are filmed locally.

Remember to let us know when the programme on Caithness Pens is to be broadcast. I'll be watching for sure. :D

Martin England
22-Jan-13, 16:35
BBC Alba have just phoned
We are on BBC Alba News this evening at 8pm 22/01/2013
Including the interview, me making some pens and the show we did at Eden court Inverness last December

Even Chance
22-Jan-13, 17:41
Including the interview, me making some pens and the show we did at Eden court Inverness last December

Nice one Martin. Will keep an eye out for it! Weel done.

Moira
22-Jan-13, 20:11
Thanks for letting us know Martin.

I'll be tuning in. :D

George Brims
22-Jan-13, 21:18
I need to clean my glasses (or my mind). I read that headline as "Caithness penis..."

Moira
22-Jan-13, 21:40
I need to clean my glasses (or my mind). I read that headline as "Caithness penis..."

Go wash your mouth out with Carbolic or Lifebuoy soap George. This is Caithness dot Org. There is no "y" at the end...... ;)

Moira
22-Jan-13, 21:45

I thoroughly enjoyed the news item Martin. Thank goodness you weren't speaking Gaelic - I would have been lost!

Very interesting indeed, I'll be looking for your business details online again shortly.

Thanks once again. :D

Garnet
22-Jan-13, 23:01
Drat I missed it......will it be on again or would it be on you-tube, can anyone tell me? I was looking forward to seeing it, I do like a good pen.

Moira
23-Jan-13, 00:27
Garnet, try Private Messaging Martin England. I'm sure Martin will have it recorded. All best. x

Garnet
23-Jan-13, 01:07
Many thanks Moira.......will do. Regards G

Martin England
23-Jan-13, 09:34
Drat I missed it......will it be on again or would it be on you-tube, can anyone tell me? I was looking forward to seeing it, I do like a good pen.

I just found it on bbc iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01q9t5g/ If you dont want to see all of the news, our interview starts after 17.30 mins

poppett
24-Jan-13, 18:28
Jolly good show, I was just talking about your pens the other day to another pen making enthusiast.

Garnet
25-Jan-13, 03:30
Many thanks Martin but after extensive searching on the link you gave me it was 'not available' or 'an error has occurred' but I will keep looking, regards G.

Martin England
25-Jan-13, 12:31
Many thanks Martin but after extensive searching on the link you gave me it was 'not available' or 'an error has occurred' but I will keep looking, regards G.

Sorry it seems Alba News on iplayer only last 24hrs
Apparently yesterday we were on BBC Radio Scotland, i had no idea and never heard
Next week STV are coming up here to Film/interview also

Garnet
25-Jan-13, 20:05
Ah that will explain it then Martin thank-you I'll be interested in the STV interview etc then so I'll keep watching here for info. regards Garnet

Martin England
02-Feb-13, 20:40
Ah that will explain it then Martin thank-you I'll be interested in the STV interview etc then so I'll keep watching here for info. regards Garnet

Hi Garnet
All done now and should be showing on STV news next week at 6
For more details http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caithness-Pens/310460425712222

Martin