PDA

View Full Version : New Kindle Wildfire HD

mrsmo
18-Nov-12, 14:39
I thought I would buy one of the new Kindles, but on reading reviews, there are faster, better cheaper tablets to be bought.
I seen one called Ainol Novo 7, the reviews seems quite good?
Does this seem a good buy or not?

Or can anyone recommend some good alternatives, preferably that I can use with memory card or dongle.

Thanks.

Bobinovich
18-Nov-12, 20:42
What's it going to be used for?

mrsmo
19-Nov-12, 11:53
Hi,

I was going to use it as a reader and for the web, oh and music and videos, just like a laptop plus the reader.
I have a laptop already but was wanting something to pop in my bag.

Bobinovich
19-Nov-12, 22:45
Being an Android fan myself I'd be more likely to go for the Ainol. Although there appears to be a plethora of 'Novo 7' models, the one I looked at (and thus used as my comparison to the Kindle Fire) was appended with the additional moniker 'Fire Flame (http://www.amazon.co.uk/AINOL-TAB-NOVO7-Fire-Flame/dp/B00912BE08/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1353361203&sr=1-3)' on Amazon's site. As well as being cheaper it has a faster processor, much bigger library of downloadable apps, expandable memory, dual cameras (as opposed to none on the Fire), and Bluetooth. How many of these will be of use to you I don't know, but that would be my choice.

Like any technology, the reviews contain both positive & negative responses, the Kindle Fire HD gets a score of 3.5 out of 5 from 631 reviews, while the Novo 7 gets 4.5 / 5 from just 19 reviews. However this may reflect on the fact that Amazon are, for obvious reasons, pushing their own Kindle range from the moment you arrive on their site. Also, with the Amazon name backing it, many will prefer to just go with a 'known & trusted brand' rather than doing comparisons between all the different tablet makes & models to end up taking a chance on a relative unknown.

mrsmo
20-Nov-12, 09:57
Thanks for having a look for me, I was going towards the Ainol as well. Will certainly have a think about it.

;)