PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a URL to find People

Bobinovich
17-Dec-06, 16:51
We were writing out Christmas cards this afternoon and were trying to remember the forenames of a couple who live a few doors down the road.

I remembered a few weeks ago that someone posted a reply to a thread which gave a URL to a search engine which allowed you to find peoples names. Unfortunately I can't now find it.

You could search by town & street and it would list all the people in that street and which house number they lived at.

Anyone remember it please?

Antediluvian
17-Dec-06, 17:44
Am not sure which thread you are talking about, but I use www.192.com to search for people

Hope this helps

Naefearjustbeer
17-Dec-06, 19:10
Might be a silly question but why send christmas cards to folk if you are not even sure of what they are called? If it were me i would wait and see if they sent me one first then you will have the names to send one back.

I find the thought of a website search that reveals peoples details quite worrying

bobsgirl
17-Dec-06, 21:31
Might be a silly question but why send christmas cards to folk if you are not even sure of what they are called? If it were me i would wait and see if they sent me one first then you will have the names to send one back.

I find the thought of a website search that reveals peoples details quite worrying

The reason for this was that we know the husband quite well and our daughter chats to him all the time, we do speak to the wife but never actually remembered her name.

Anyway ended up that I did remember the name but also knew there was a site in which, if it happened in the future then we would know what to do.

It wouldnt be nice to send a card with the 'persons name' and wife!!! Now would it!!!

Naefearjustbeer
17-Dec-06, 22:24
In that case I would maybe just write in the card Happy Christmas from Bob, Bobs Girl and family. Never mind there names and just pop the card through the door next time you go past.

Naefearjustbeer
17-Dec-06, 22:28
I still find it worrying that a search facility is availlible to find out that sort of info about folks from the net just using an address. Talk about making it easy for identity fraud.

Bobinovich
17-Dec-06, 22:35
NFJB I can see where you're coming from - a bit stalkerish but as Bobsgirl says, totally legit on this occasion!

Lavenderblue2
18-Dec-06, 10:22
May I just add to this that Bob and his girl are such kind and caring people - I can well imagine that not remembering their neighbours name would really bother them - lets face it we're all the same from time to time. I wish that I had them for neighbours!

LB

Naefearjustbeer
18-Dec-06, 11:11
NFJB I can see where you're coming from - a bit stalkerish but as Bobsgirl says, totally legit on this occasion!

Not even trying to suggest anything other than a totally legit reason for you wanting the info. I am just surprised that folk can find that sort of info out easily over the net. Hmmm i wonder if I can find out where Shakira lives :D ;)

bobsgirl
18-Dec-06, 13:06
May I just add to this that Bob and his girl are such kind and caring people - I can well imagine that not remembering their neighbours name would really bother them - lets face it we're all the same from time to time. I wish that I had them for neighbours!

LB

Thanks LavenderBlue, I wish you were my neighbour too, at least that way I could come for lunch as well as my hubby and not have to only feed myself and kids for dinner!!!! Lol!!

Lavenderblue2
18-Dec-06, 21:04
You'd be more than welcome anytime Bobsgirl!

LB

RIR
19-Dec-06, 00:24
http://www.b4usearch.com/

Cheers

Ian.

Bobinovich
19-Dec-06, 11:18
That's the one! Thanks Ian :D

RIR
19-Dec-06, 11:28
You're welcome :D