PDA

View Full Version : xmas dinner

fee
12-Nov-12, 20:47
anyone know anywhere thats doing xmas dinner

Bobinovich
12-Nov-12, 20:54
You'll be lucky - seems like everywhere is well booked in advance (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?190844-Restaurants-open-on-Christmas-day)...

annemarie482
12-Nov-12, 21:01
Yeah the few places doing it are long booked up going by here and Facebook.
Don't get why so many want to go out anyway? :/
Did it once and thought it was awful, totally lost the feeling of Christmas.
Can't beat a home cooked Christmas dinner :)

Kodiak
12-Nov-12, 23:20
Yeah the few places doing it are long booked up going by here and Facebook.
Don't get why so many want to go out anyway? :/
Did it once and thought it was awful, totally lost the feeling of Christmas.
Can't beat a home cooked Christmas dinner :)

The reason it suits me to have a Christmas Lunch at a Hotel is because not only am I retired, I am also Disabled and the thought of cooking on Christmas Day is not my idea of FUN anymore. Over the past 40 years I have done my bit of Cooking at Christmas, both at the Lighthouse and at home.

So now I want to get up on Christmas morning not having to worry about getting the Veg ready, putting the Turkey in the oven etc etc. Now we open our Prezzies and relax in the knowledge that we have nothing to do but to drive to Halkirk for our Christmas Lunch. One of the best things is that we have No Washing Up to do and that alone is worth the price of the Christmas Lunch.

Last year we went to the Ulbster Arms Hotel in Halkirk and we treated to a Fantastic 5 Course Lunch. We had a wonderful time and the staff were superb and made us feel welcome. So this year we made sure of our booking and we are looking forward to another super Christmas Lunch at the Ulbster Arms.