PDA

View Full Version : Bad Accident at Milton

Fran
16-Dec-06, 18:50
If you plan to come through Milton around 6pm you might not get through due to a bad accident.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 18:58
Why do people continually feel the need to post on the org when there has been an accident, do you not stop and think of the people involved and their families as you have said its a bad accident, so why put it on here for people to speculate[disgust]

laguna2
16-Dec-06, 19:09
Although I can see your point Mr & Mrs BB, I don't think Fran meant any harm and was merely warning anyone intending to use that road that they might be delayed.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 19:15
Fair enough but surely all that needed said was that the road was blocked and delays expected. I am only thinking of the families and people involved

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 19:22
Fran isn't exactly giving any inside information here, just being helpful. Why is this messageboard any worse a place to find there has been an accident than the queue at the Co-op?

Might just have alerted someone to check on their own and get over there to help.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 19:41
How can you say this is being helpfull? its what causes speculation and gossip no matter whether its in the coop or the org, only the org gets a bigger audiance.
As for maybe alerting someone to check on there own, what if they call get no reply know the person they are trying to get in touch with should be at a certain place and they are not. yeah thats real clever panicing someone unnessacerily.
people should stop and think before posting whether they think they are well meaning or not.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 19:43
Many people have posted on here about accidents and have been shot down for doing so. What's the difference between another member and fran?.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 19:45
Might just have alerted someone to check on their own and get over there to help.

Get everyone worried calling their families, yeh great idea.:roll:

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 19:50
Fran isn't exactly giving any inside information here, just being helpful. Why is this messageboard any worse a place to find there has been an accident than the queue at the Co-op?

Get everyone over there to help, this must be the least helpful post on here. Doubt if the emergengy services would welcome that too much but then again some people are so morbid they just can't help themselves. I suppose being first on hand with the gossip makes some people feel important. [disgust]

cuddlepop
16-Dec-06, 19:54
I honestly believe Fran posted this accident notice with the best of intentions.Perhapse now would be the time to add accident notices to the banned topics.

rfr10
16-Dec-06, 19:57
When Fran reads this, she's going to be upset. She didn't mean any harm by posting the message so maybe instead of sounding so angry and saying "Why do people always have to...." just say politely "I don't think it's a good idea to post that" then people wont get upset from the reaction of other users.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 19:58
I honestly believe Fran posted this accident notice with the best of intentions.Perhapse now would be the time to add accident notices to the banned topics.

Maybe all the other's were with good intentions too. But how can one tell who has had 'good intentions'. It's just pure gossip at someone else's misfortune.

Piglet
16-Dec-06, 19:59
If you plan to come through Milton around 6pm you might not get through due to a bad accident.

Fran was trying to be helpful to others. Rather than the negative comments that she is now getting.

Fran hasen't asked for further info cos this would be gossiping.

Thank you for the information Fran as I believe you are only trying to be helpful.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:00
When Fran reads this, she's going to be upset.

If the family member's of those involved in this accident read this won't they be upset.
:confused

rfr10
16-Dec-06, 20:00
Maybe all the other's were with good intentions too. But how can one tell who has had 'good intentions'. It's just pure gossip at someone else's misfortune.

Well by reading many other posts by Fran on here, she doesn't seem like that type of person.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 20:02
This isnt the first time that these sort of posts have been posted on here and plenty of people have voiced their opinions on the fact that its not right to post such things and i am sure fran has been around long enough to have seen previous posts and how they tend to anger and upset people.
Think about the folk who know they have friends and family travelling that way at that time its going to drive them mad with worry until they know their friends & family are safe.
All i am saying is spare a thought and think before posting things like this.

rfr10
16-Dec-06, 20:03
If the family member's of those involved in this accident read this won't they be upset.

If it's that serious an accident, it's going to be publicised sooner or later and it's not as if she's stated details of the accident. People who go past Milton are going to see that there's been an accident so what difference does it make being on here?

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 20:04
yes it will be made public sooner or later by which time the families will have been notified

Mr P Cannop
16-Dec-06, 20:05

who ever started this post only did so to let folk know that that road is blocked. they said no names so why would the family members be upset for ?? and again they are no names on this forum about this accident

rfr10
16-Dec-06, 20:06
This isnt the first time that these sort of posts have been posted on here and plenty of people have voiced their opinions on the fact that its not right to post such things and i am sure fran has been around long enough to have seen previous posts and how they tend to anger and upset people.
Think about the folk who know they have friends and family travelling that way at that time its going to drive them mad with worry until they know their friends & family are safe.
All i am saying is spare a thought and think before posting things like this.

Yes, Ok I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying you could have put it a more polite way.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:06
If it's that serious an accident, it's going to be publicised sooner or later and it's not as if she's stated details of the accident. People who go past Milton are going to see that there's been an accident so what difference does it make being on here?

because so many others have posted similar threads and plenty people said it is wrong to put a thread on about accidents. Think of their families.[evil]

Buttercup
16-Dec-06, 20:07
Couldn't have been that bad the road is clear now.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 20:11
who ever started this post only did so to let folk know that that road is blocked. they said no names so why would the family members be upset for ?? and again they are no names on this forum about this accident

Yes and there was no need to mention an accident as i said already it could just have been said that the road was blocked and delays expected.
posting that there has been an accident is exactly how rumours start because people start speculating and as for there being no names mentioned there doesnt need to be to make people worry that a member of their family could be involved.

philupmaboug
16-Dec-06, 20:12
There we go then, crisis over, so now Fran will have to chase another ambulance.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:16
okay when i'm out on my travels and notice a car accident i'll immediately post it on here as it's now seen as being "Helpfull".

rfr10
16-Dec-06, 20:19
okay when i'm out on my travels and notice a car accident i'll immediately post it on here as it's now seen as being "Helpfull".

No need to be surcastic. :D

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:24
No need to be surcastic. :D

That was'nt being sarcastic.
I'm glad the point about posting 'accidents' has been cleared up though.

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 20:28

Im not sure I agree with that.

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 20:33
Yes, Ok I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying you could have put it a more polite way.

And since when did you become Mother Theresa??[disgust] It shouldnt have been posted end of story. What would ve happened had there been some1 killed? It would be a dissappearing rapidly thread , so all that is required is a touch of common sense from a poster who should know better.

concerned resident
16-Dec-06, 20:34
I was sitting in a queue, at an Accident the other day, and it was announced on Moray Firth Radio, that there had been an Accident, and the Ambulance and Police were in attendance and where it was, so i can only suggest that if you do not wish to hear what’s happening in the County, and possibly take a different route, you should not switch on your car radio.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:38
I was sitting in a queue, at an Accident the other day, and it was announced on Moray Firth Radio, that there had been an Accident, and the Ambulance and Police were in attendance and where it was, so i can only suggest that if you do not wish to hear what’s happening in the County, and possibly take a different route, you should not switch on your car radio.

Every thread that was ever on here concerning accidents the thread starter was immediately shot down. Why all the 'this is only being helpfull' in this one. What's the difference?

gleeber
16-Dec-06, 20:45
Every thread that was ever on here concerning accidents the thread starter was immediately shot down. Why all the 'this is only being helpfull' in this one. What's the difference?

So this is more about your lots gripe with the running of the org than it is with Frans warning that the road may be blocked at Milton.
Connie, Angela, Mamabear. Now where have those moaning minnies names turned up before?

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:50
So this is more about your lots gripe with the running of the org than it is with Frans warning that the road may be blocked at Milton.
Connie, Angela, Mamabear. Now where have those moaning minnies names turned up before?

I want to know what's so different about fran's post than any other post that relates to the same thing. So you see it as a warning then:roll:

Where has that phrase 'moaning minnies' turned up before[lol]

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 21:00
Nothing changes on new years day is what Bono sang, Nothing changes on Brown nose .com . If you are in the clique well y`know......

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 21:01
I have no gripe with what fran posted, that's up to her. I didn't agree with Boozeburglars suggestion of going to "help", that's why I quoted him. :confused I think the emergency services have a hard enough job to do without the Ambulance chasers turning up in their droves so I suppose that does make me a moaning minnie...lol, I've been called worse.

jambo
16-Dec-06, 21:06
poor fran not here to defend herself she must be of getting ready for funday at francis street club tommorow.

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 21:11
I can see that if a member is carrying a laptop with a handy wireless connection and posts from their car, which is backed up because of the accident, to warn others....there might be reason for the present reaction.

But while I don't think that, in general, the polis are the brightest stars in the firmanent, I'd have assumed that the very first thing they'd do is inform family members of an accident.

So, unless Fran had only a few yards to go to get on to the computer...I'd hope the families are already aware of the situation.

mums angels
16-Dec-06, 21:12
If you believe that this thread is wrong and done in bad taste why do you all keep bumping it back to the top?(as i'm about to do...i know)....just means more chance of someone connected with the acident seeing it and being "hurt". would it not have been better just to contact admin and suggest that mentioning accidents should be banned just like the death notices in the B D and M's thread

I can see why people might disagree with the thread and probably would have been better just to say that the road was blocked but i'm sure that Fran just posted it with good intentions...

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:24
I can see that if a member is carrying a laptop with a handy wireless connection and posts from their car, which is backed up because of the accident, to warn others....there might be reason for the present reaction.

But while I don't think that, in general, the polis are the brightest stars in the firmanent, I'd have assumed that the very first thing they'd do is inform family members of an accident.

So, unless Fran had only a few yards to go to get on to the computer...I'd hope the families are already aware of the situation.

it takes longer to get to the accident and check for any injured parties, than it does for the gossip & speculation to start

gleeber
16-Dec-06, 21:31
In the new democratic climate of the org maybe we should have a vote about this.
Whats the worst, Frans warning about the blocked road or the Billy Boys and the moaning minnies umbrage at Frans post? :roll:

willson
16-Dec-06, 21:34
i dont post here often . but when i do have a look its the same old ppl havin a go at others do sumin beter with your lives

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:38
so what are you saying Gleeber that we shouldnt have an opinion and we should all agree and pat fran on the back for an excellent post which can only lead to gossip.[disgust]
There was an instance before when an org member logged on to see people gossiping over a similar situation involving one of their family thats why i dont agree with these posts, and as for reporting them to the mods/ admin well just look at your reply and your a so called mod[disgust]

gleeber
16-Dec-06, 21:39
i dont post here often . but when i do have a look its the same old ppl havin a go at others do sumin beter with your lives
So who are you having a go at Willson? ;)

willson
16-Dec-06, 21:41
all the ppl that have gurn at others if i was fran i would say goodby to you all your all huffy

mr do dar
16-Dec-06, 21:41
it doesnt matter now whats done is done my thiughts are with those involved lets hope they are ok :roll:

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:43
all the ppl that have gurn at others if i was fran i would say goodby to you all your all huffy

we aint huffy lol, we just have our own opinions

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 21:44
all the ppl that have gurn at others if i was fran i would say goodby to you all your all huffyThat would mean fran would need to he huffy too.. :confused

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:46
if thats how you feel wilson why bother coming on then.

willson
16-Dec-06, 21:47
good by to all at the org

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:50
you are the weakest link Goodbye :Razz [lol]

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 21:52
Heckies, i thought we were all supposed to be one big happy family again. :eek: :lol:

willson
16-Dec-06, 21:52
none i dont want them

bobsgirl
16-Dec-06, 21:54
Fran was doing good to post this info, after all she was only trying to save people time!! Rather than waste it by waiting in a huge queue of traffic that would interfere with the emergency services getting on with their jobs.
The radio would be doing the same so what is the difference really??

If people would stop adding then this thread would just be ignored and sent to the bottom of the queue!!

Thanks for the info anyway Fran!!

peedie man
16-Dec-06, 22:01
i think Fran was quite right to post, it saved me being held up.I went the castletown rd to thurso. If someone sees a accident and phones moray firth they broadcast it to all there listeners,

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 22:05
i think Fran was quite right to post, it saved me being held up.I went the castletown rd to thurso. If someone sees a accident and phones moray firth they broadcast it to all there listeners,

The point is Fran could have said that the road was blocked and there was delays, she didnt have to mention an accident and worry people unnessecerily.
why is that so hard for some people to understand:confused

_Ju_
16-Dec-06, 22:09

I am sure that anyone having an accident or having family envolved in an accident will be very upset about the accident.

I do not understand the gossip perspective. From what I know about gossip there is an exchange of personal details and information on third parties. What Fran wrote here was nothing of that. It was TRAFFIC INFORMATION, using a channel that for now is not the most common, but who would have thought mere decades ago that radio programmes would be used to give traffic information ( just as Fran did), including accidents that block roads to transit? I wonder that no one slams radio stations for doing that, the way Fran has been slammed.

Jeesh, lets all post about lost cats, our favorite ice cream flavours and where and when the next car boot sale is on. I think that these subjects have not yet warranted this kind of bashing.....yet.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 22:11
Put it up as a sticky then.:roll:

peedie man
16-Dec-06, 22:14
Whenever MFR broadcasts it says what kind of accident ,serious or minor or between a car and a lorry or 2 cars,ect

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 22:18
Whenever MFR broadcasts it says what kind of accident ,serious or minor or between a car and a lorry or 2 cars,ectAww frans no use, she's only got half a story.. :roll:

angela5
16-Dec-06, 22:19
The point i was trying to make here was other members in the past have posted very similar threads as fran. Everyone then said this kind of thing involving accidents should not be posted on here. Why was it not seen as ''traffic news'' then?

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 22:20
How many infraction points does that earn !!!! :roll:

Well you will get them as well for reposting sexual describing/ swearwords so Id advise you to remove the post

_Ju_
16-Dec-06, 22:21
The point i was trying to make here was other members in the past have posted very similar threads as fran. Everyone then said this kind of thing involving accidents should not be posted on here. Why was it not seen as ''traffic news'' then?

I have read threads saying that there was an accident, it looked bad, does anyone know what happened to the evacue..... what is the similarity between that and Frans post?

Jeemag_USA
16-Dec-06, 22:25
Good Lord its little wonder there is so much problems with running a forum, it seems people will gripe on anything then others come in to keep it rolling.

If I came in and said I was making a sandwich would people complain its cruel to slice bread like? (I didn't imply I WAS slicing bread or being cruel to any bakery products in the making of this post)

Really, get a grip! :lol:

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 22:29
Good Lord its little wonder there is so much problems with running a forum, it seems people will gripe on anything then others come in to keep it rolling.

If I came in and said I was making a sandwich would people complain its cruel to slice bread like? (I didn't imply I WAS slicing bread or being cruel to any bakery products in the making of this post)

Really, get a grip! :lol:

Well if it aint broke dont fix it jeemag US. ;)

changilass
16-Dec-06, 22:30
I am locking this thread as it would now seem that the road is open again and this thread has turned into a slanging match.

When I first noticed this post I didn't lock or remove as moderators have been verbally attacked in the past for strong arm tactics, however, from reading all the posts on this thread we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 22:32
How many of you on here know what it feels like to get a knock at the door telling you that a family member has been involved in a serious accident?
well i have, and the difference between it being on the org or M.F.R. is that the M.F.R. dont all have a good old gossip about what may or may not have happened like what does happen here on the org, but hey if you guys cant see the point i am trying to make then god forbid that you should ever get a knock at the door and find out how it feels[disgust]