PDA

View Full Version : Rush, rush at Christmas.

Murchiemannie
16-Dec-06, 15:19
what is it with people and Christmas? Iv'e been a bit poorly recently so got behind with the pressie thing...so took the bull by the horns and attempted to get some shopping done this morning.
Left about 9ish. got into town and WHAM! people everywhere, banging into you left right and sideways and that's on the pavements.
As for the stores.....queues a mile long and lots of frustrated customers mumbling to anyone who would listen.
Couldn't wait to get home, minus half of what I went out for.
Think I'll give E-bay a go as it's easier on the old nerves....If no joy on E-bay guess the kids will end up with money in their cards
Good luck to all you eager shoppers.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all .orgers:)

henry20
16-Dec-06, 15:39
I'm glad to say I only have 1 present to buy. I can't stand shopping when its busy! My next day off isn't until the 23rd and I'm pretty sure I won't venture to any shops.

bobsgirl
16-Dec-06, 16:04
Thankfully we have finished our shopping, we did wonder down to the town this afternoon and it wasnt too bad.
My problem is that I meet so many people down the town and have to stop for a blether. For a 5 mins trip to the butchers it takes about an hour!!
Got to go to Inverness on Wednesday for hubby's hospital appointment but I will certainly not be going into the centre of Inverness shopping!
Have a good Christmas Everyone!!:D

cuddlepop
16-Dec-06, 21:08
There's an earie silence about In Portree just now,everyone must have gone to Inverness.
Rather them than me.Got the main big pressie's for the kids,just stocking fillers now..:eek:

footie chick
16-Dec-06, 21:11
Don't say that cuddlepop I'm heading to Inverness on Monday and not looking forward to it in the least. :mad: Only have a few to get and have no idea what to get they should ban presents for the over 16's they are the hardest presents to buy

chaz
16-Dec-06, 21:41
A ban for over 16s sounds good:D still got loads to buy, really disorganised this year!!!:confused

Through
16-Dec-06, 23:49
what is it with people and Christmas? Iv'e been a bit poorly recently so got behind with the pressie thing...so took the bull by the horns and attempted to get some shopping done this morning.
Left about 9ish. got into town and WHAM! people everywhere, banging into you left right and sideways and that's on the pavements.
As for the stores.....queues a mile long and lots of frustrated customers mumbling to anyone who would listen.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all .orgers:)

That sounds more like the unfriendly city itself, Glasgow. Once in that dirty hole, someone ran past me and nearly took my arm off, so I grabbed him by the hood and gave him a blast. I never go there now. Hate the place.

Murchiemannie
17-Dec-06, 00:32
That sounds more like the unfriendly city itself, Glasgow. Once in that dirty hole, someone ran past me and nearly took my arm off, so I grabbed him by the hood and gave him a blast. I never go there now. Hate the place.

No it's not Glasgow, it,s The "silver city" itself Aberdeen, but at this time of year manners go out the door as they are all so intense grabbing everything and anything as the charge up the aisles with their trolleys bumping and banging into anyone who happens to be in their way.
I'm sure I've still got bruises to prove my point!! and the next two weeks are worse when they start their "food " shopping. Reckon they hoard for the whole month of January, do they know something I don't?

sweetpea
17-Dec-06, 11:18
I'm just back from Glasgow, did a bit of shopping but spent all my money on 'me'. I had a lot of good intentions about getting presents but ended up buying loads of clothes for myself! It didn't seem that much busier than normal but there was a buzz about cause there were lots of christmassy things to watch in the streets and the ice rink was in George Square.

airdlass
17-Dec-06, 11:29
Have done most of my shopping online this year which has been great. Just a couple more things to arrive and I'm ready.:eek:

Orger
17-Dec-06, 17:48
Yea i noticed it really busy in Wick this weekend, people everywhere. Shops and Café's fill. A good day for them i bet, lots of money in the till..