PDA

View Full Version : Banned Subjects Question

Lolabelle
16-Dec-06, 05:54
Hello Everyone, or should that be good morning.
I was just having a look through some of the org user threads and there was mentioned the banned subjects.
What are the subjects that are banned?
Are they listed anywhere?
I am a bit hap hazard with my visits at times and am not sure what is banned.
The poll for religious based threads was on a while back, but I didn't hear the outcome. So I was wondering what else I had missed.
Lola

JAWS
16-Dec-06, 06:53
I'm going to have to be naughty and mention a "Banned" subject. I love it when I can break rules legitimately! [lol]

I think Football, apart from matters involving local (Caithness) teams, is still a banned subject. National Teams and International Competitions seem to be accepted though.
The reason was that discussions about certain teams (not being a Scot their names elude me) rapidly descend into abuse and then seem to become confused with other matters.

Royster1911
16-Dec-06, 10:02
Be carefull, Be very carefull!!!!:eek:

weeboyagee
16-Dec-06, 11:15
Hearts, Hearts, glor............oops, yes, football is a banned subject! :cry: And the only one that I know of. But soon to be reviewed :D

jambo
16-Dec-06, 11:41
sooner it is reviewed the better.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 13:04
it would appear that some posts with sexual innuendos are banned while others are allowed, or maybe it depends on who the poster is[disgust]

newlabeluk
16-Dec-06, 13:23
do you post with innuendos Mrs BillyBoy!
how shocking:lol:
I've come to the conclusion that there must be an AGist range of people that have either lost their sense of humour or are to young to have ever developed one....they are the PC lobby.
Personally i enjoy the banter/innuendo/sexist revelry and if it does go into a realm i don't approve i can say....nope that wasn't funny and walk away.

Long live freedom of speech:cool:

danc1ngwitch
16-Dec-06, 16:20
banter/innuendo/sexist revelry ( there you go ) I know that younger persons use the org, but surely just a little of some things is ok ...??? after all the younger ones could probably open our eyes though it doesna make it right i suppose. HMMM but then << turns my head to the left >> maybe it's offensive to the prudes that hang around and about and in the corners of the dusty old Org ( what!! what!! i call out as i jump out of the rafters ) Wow now i can see daylight... Ah hush i have my head turned to the left for a reason so i canna hear all the moans ... Just a little more freedom i say as i scrape past some old tatters thats been stuck in here far too long[lol]

WeeBurd
16-Dec-06, 16:35
Reading the rules, it appears that football is now on a parr with religion, i.e not barred, but just tread carefully... maybe a Mod or Admin could confirm for us?:confused

JAWS
16-Dec-06, 17:18
I'm not certain if a decision was arrived at. The reason it was "Banned" originally, if my memory serves me, was that when the subject arose Admin had to spend a disproportionate amount of time monitoring it.
There was a post from them on the Board about that at the time.

If the Threads were not constantly watched then comments, observations, abuse and insults of the sort many people would find totally unacceptable could go unnoticed and it was decided that was unacceptable.

I suspect, and this is only my personal view, that one of the main reasons was that some of the attitudes displayed were not only offensive to others but portrayed a very poor image of Scotland in general as being full of Bigots and Hatemongers.
I know that would have been the impression I would have gained had I not already known otherwise.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 18:53
do you post with innuendos Mrs BillyBoy!
how shocking:lol:
I've come to the conclusion that there must be an AGist range of people that have either lost their sense of humour or are to young to have ever developed one....they are the PC lobby.
Personally i enjoy the banter/innuendo/sexist revelry and if it does go into a realm i don't approve i can say....nope that wasn't funny and walk away.

Long live freedom of speech:cool:

actually my post has nothing to do with Mrs Billy Boy, so while you are on about the pc brigade its no different to people jumping to conclusions.
The point i was making was that it seems there is one rule for some and another rule for others

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 20:21
Would it be okay to post it on here if there was a convicted paedophile living in my street (not that I think there is)? It's just something somebody was speaking about the other day. :confused: And before anyone starts having a go i've no intention in doing this it's only a question.

angela5
16-Dec-06, 20:26
The point i was making was that it seems there is one rule for some and another rule for others

That's another problem on here, it's been proved over on Fran's latest report.

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 20:39
I always thought Fran drove the Ambulance, as she has 1 for an avatar, silly me eh?

danc1ngwitch
17-Dec-06, 16:29
Would it be okay to post it on here if there was a convicted paedophile living in my street (not that I think there is)? It's just something somebody was speaking about the other day. :confused: And before anyone starts having a go i've no intention in doing this it's only a question.

i think we should be able to talk about any thing as long as you can take the bannter that comes with it... i would like to know things about this topic and just so that we can all be in the know...Why not use it as a form of self protect and knowledge if it works... I wish we could do it... An open, honest Org... ( with some limits ):roll:

peedie
17-Dec-06, 22:34
I always thought Fran drove the Ambulance, as she has 1 for an avatar, silly me eh?

well just being plain nasty isnt going to get anyone anywhere is it?