PDA

View Full Version : Mcleods: Children of Robert Mcleod and Fanny Liddle/Little

Denise Taylor
09-Nov-12, 15:28
Can anyone please help re information on Robert Mcleod b. 1776 Sutherland and Fanny (Frances) Liddle/Little b. 1781 Londonderry, Ireland, (my 3xg grandparents) regarding their parents/siblings and the following of their children:

William Mcleod chr. 24.4.1803 Rey, Caithness
Donald Mcleod chr. 11.4.1806, Reay, Caithness
Jean Mcleod chr 16.6.1808 Ray, Caithness

Regarding the three children above , I can find nothing about them at all for certain, so wonder if they died in childhood.

Regarding Robert and Fanny, they had their first child, George Mcleod in 1800 in Londonderry, and I have assumed that Robert was in one of the Fencibles
in Ireland where he met Fanny and they had their first child there, then Robert took Fanny and George back to his home in Scotland to a croft where they had the above three children and a further four children, i.e.
Robert b. 7.1.1811, Reay (or Creich/Croik ??) ; a second
William b. March 1813, Reay; John b. 11.2.187, and their last being
David Mcleod b. 1820 (my 2x G grandfather).

My final query is this: In the 1841 Census for Scotland Robert and Fanny are on a croft in Farr with a 10 year old Robert Mcleod "not of this Parish" - he is not the son of any of their children, so any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you. Denise

Rosemary Skea
10-Nov-12, 04:18
Re the 1841 census query, "not of this parish" just means that the individual was not born in Farr Parish. In the 1851 census you will find the place of birth recorded.

Rosemary

duncana
12-Nov-12, 19:01
A Jane McLeod died 29 Feb 1892 Strathy age 83 widow of Hugh McLeod crofter. Her parents were recorded as Robert McLeod crofter & Fanny Riddel. Very probable that Riddel = Liddel or Little.