PDA

View Full Version : Asda Tain

Bertieboy
07-Nov-12, 15:07
Checked it out, and they will not deliver to Wick or Thurso. What about we organise a minibus trip down there to do some shopping?:)

Cape Crusader
07-Nov-12, 15:21
Check out www.thedurnessbus.com

starfish
07-Nov-12, 15:25
when i lived in essex asda used to supply a bus from varies villages to their asda at wooden ferris shop once a week the bus was always packed It used to pick up about 10 and drop off at 2,30

Beat Bug
07-Nov-12, 17:10
Register with Asda, saying you'd like them to deliver to Caithness. I've done it. Maybe if enough of us do, they'll consider it worthwhile!

starfish
07-Nov-12, 18:07
or send a email telling them how you feel i have

Spud
07-Nov-12, 18:17
I have pleaded with them to move up here.
Lets get more people to ask them,
You never know it may work!!!!!

linnie612
07-Nov-12, 20:57
It would appear that we Caithnessians prefer the thrill of the chase to the actuality. Remember the excitement when Tesco! - yes TESCO! - announced they were to grace our humble county? If Asda came up

here, how long before people started moaning that they can get their shopping cheaper elsewhere.

ducati
07-Nov-12, 21:10
Am I the only one who's eyes bleed when I read yet another thread about a chuffin supermarket! :roll:

starfish
07-Nov-12, 21:15
"ducati;987063]Am I the only one who's eyes bleed when I read yet another thread about a chuffin supermarket! :roll:!" well why read it the nature of the thread was in the title

fred
07-Nov-12, 21:52
I have pleaded with them to move up here.
Lets get more people to ask them,
You never know it may work!!!!!

I don't think that would be environmentaly friendly. Not only would they have to cart building materials up here to build the place but then they would have to have lorries churning out CO2 up the length of the A9 every day to keep it stocked.

It would make a lot more sense if the people who want an Asda just moved to Tain, one off journey, happy polar bears.

Moira
07-Nov-12, 22:47
Am I the only one who's eyes bleed when I read yet another thread about a chuffin supermarket! :roll:

No.

I've found that running around the garden chanting the names of every supermarket you can think of helps. Mind you, it doesn't work every time and you need to have neighbours who understand......

The other thing to remember is never to roll your eyes while you're doing this. It causes more pain and more bleeding.

Beat Bug
07-Nov-12, 23:10
The main reason I'd like Asda, or any other major supermarket, to come up here is so I can have a choice of supermarket. If I go down to Tain or Inverness I can choose where to shop. Up here we're very limited.

ducati
07-Nov-12, 23:20
"ducati;987063]Am I the only one who's eyes bleed when I read yet another thread about a chuffin supermarket! :roll:!" well why read it the nature of the thread was in the title

Same reason I shout at the television.

golach
07-Nov-12, 23:22
I am lucky, have a Tesco 10 mins away, Sainsburys also 10 mins away, Morrisons 15 mins away, Walmart Asda it is American owned shop 20 mins away, I find there is not much between Tesco and Asda for goods and quality, Asdas clothing George comes out well, Sainsburys I find a bit expensive, and Morrisons for food is best IMHO. I also use the Co-op and Lidis.

bluemafia
08-Nov-12, 18:21
Isn't that what Tesco do every day, so what would be the difference?
I don't think that would be environmentaly friendly. Not only would they have to cart building materials up here to build the place but then they would have to have lorries churning out CO2 up the length of the A9 every day to keep it stocked.

It would make a lot more sense if the people who want an Asda just moved to Tain, one off journey, happy polar bears.

fred
08-Nov-12, 20:01
Isn't that what Tesco do every day, so what would be the difference?

Yes, that's why I said the same thing about Tesco. Now people want Tesco lorries and Asda lorries.

rob1
08-Nov-12, 20:45
How about supporting the businesses already here in Caithness? There are at least 3 different supermarkets in each of Wich and Thurso and that is a very good choice for the size of the town and surronding areas. Plus there are planty of bakaries and butcher around the area too.

Phill
08-Nov-12, 21:26
Tesco bring it up on the train, not to Tain, but Asda could, to Tain that is. On the train.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6869358289_ae100601e6.jpg

fred
08-Nov-12, 23:29
Tesco bring it up on the train, not to Tain, but Asda could, to Tain that is. On the train.

Well they could, but they still have to get it from the train to the supermarket, which would mean sending a lorry up from their nearest depot.

ducati
13-Nov-12, 14:14

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6869358289_ae100601e6.jpg

I keep seeing these containers on the back of lorries.

starfish
13-Nov-12, 14:32
i heard that tesco brings supplies up on the train to georgemas junction then local lorry get the freight from there. \i know some one will put me right if this is just gossip

Baconbuttie
14-Nov-12, 00:22
Not been to Tain Asda yet but Inverness Asda was a big disappointment, not a patch on Elgin or Perth