PDA

View Full Version : livery

madhatters
06-Nov-12, 11:52
Hi does anybody know who is running the Achavole livery, how much prices are and if it,s any good, looking for good reputational livery Thurso area.Thanks in advance

baileys Bhoy
06-Nov-12, 11:56
It was Stephanie Cowe but I'm sure she's given it up now....
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=3018

Indian_Shadow_Moon
06-Nov-12, 12:40
Stacey Claxson and Stephanie Cowe did run the livery, however within the past couple of week they have decided to move their business. The link above shows their current contact numbers so give them a ring :)

porshiepoo
07-Nov-12, 15:26
Yes, they decided to move their business into Thurso. This wasn't an easy decision for them as a lot of hard work and personal expense had been put into renovating the Achavrole stables however, when the landlord insists on receiving 60% of their earnings each month it kind of made the whole venture impossible.
Contact either Steph or Stacey on the link in Baileys Bhoy post and they can give you more details of the Thurso livery :)

madhatters
07-Nov-12, 21:33
thankyou for information, anybody know where in thurso as have tried contacting on link but no joy? dont know thurso very well, so any help much appreciated.

baileys Bhoy
07-Nov-12, 21:46
Hi there I got steph on 01847 895619 wednesday evening at 8.45pm, the new yard is in Thurso at Thurso east. hope this helps

daisychain
07-Nov-12, 23:02
I have a yard at Thurso East this is news to me!!!

Moira
07-Nov-12, 23:39
I have a yard at Thurso East this is news to me!!!

It would probably be helpful if you said where your yard is and explained your terms rather than just register your surprise.

landy
08-Nov-12, 10:13
just wondered what is happening with the yard that the girls have left?

chaz
08-Nov-12, 10:33
Think its the same yard advertised by chick 7 for liverys recently

daisychain
08-Nov-12, 12:13
It would probably be helpful if you said where your yard is and explained your terms rather than just register your surprise.
Umm Thurso east and my terms are private.

daz
08-Nov-12, 13:45
The stables at Thurso east are nothing to do with steph,yes she has her horses there but it's the farmer who has the stables and rents grazing !!!!!

daisychain
08-Nov-12, 18:46
Thurso East farm doesn't belong to the farmer you would need to get the owners permission!

taz
08-Nov-12, 19:03
I'm finding this post very confusing!!... I was recently contacted personally about this post today as i rent from the farmer and i personally think that Stephanie and Stacey should contact the farmer (senior) with regards to starting up a livery as he has said this is not the case!! Totally agree with daisychain that Thurso East wouldn't be accessible without the owners permission... So my advice from anyone hoping to move to Thurso East and expecting fields and stabling on livery to maybe check this out with the farmer/owner first... My advice stacey would be that it may be better to get a business plan set in stone first before offering livery too people desperate to move to thurso and find there is no stabling or limited grazing.

taz
08-Nov-12, 19:50
I have found it very strange that stacey has removed all her comments from previous posts to this thread... Publicly slagging people off isn't very clever if your planning on starting up a business venture girls... Glad they were removed before too much upset was caused... Think you've ruffled a few feathers with your outburst!

ladybird
08-Nov-12, 20:02
I rang one of the girls last night to ask about the livery as keen to move back into Thurso and was advised that there will be new stables being built inside a building at Thurso east and further grazing was available now, just no stables currently. I have also given my contact details etc for her contact me once up and running. I was also given prices for stables and for grass only??? More fool me it seems!

porshiepoo
08-Nov-12, 20:57
I have found it very strange that stacey has removed all her comments from previous posts to this thread... Publicly slagging people off isn't very clever if your planning on starting up a business venture girls... Glad they were removed before too much upset was caused... Think you've ruffled a few feathers with your outburst!

Outburst??? Don't be pathetic, you're obviously just bored and looking for trouble to stir.
Maybe stacey removed her comment because she understood that she was a bit quick off the mark seeing as nothing has been written in stone yet. All she was guilty of is enthusiasm.
As for "publicly slagging people off" - get a grip. nothing Stacey said was offensive or in any way slagging someone off. I would suggest that you apologise for making false accusations and go find someone else to bother.
I can assure you Taz it takes more that the contents of this thread to "ruffle the feathers" of anyone with half a brain cell.

Ladybird, I can only assume you rang Steph? Her description of the current situation is accurate and no you have not been a fool. These things take time but you won't find 2 more enthusiastic, determined and hardworking ladies so when they do have a livery up and running you'll be well looked after.

linnie612
08-Nov-12, 21:08

I saw the posts before they were removed, and I fail to see where you could say anyone was 'slagged off':confused:.

madhatters
08-Nov-12, 21:26
never saw the posts but after reading all the comments, am wondering whether thurso or surronds have any yards suitable and may have to make a special trip in to thurso to have a look myself, unless any one can suggest any good places for horses.

Moira
08-Nov-12, 22:03
Umm Thurso east and my terms are private.

Fair enough. I misunderstood your post, my apologies. I thought you were one of the ladies running the Livery yard referred to in the OP.

I do think, however, you could have made your point a bit clearer.

I can see from subsequent posts that I wasn't the only one confused. I have email notifications of all the posts which were deleted and I am still confused. :confused

daisychain
08-Nov-12, 22:30
Outburst??? Don't be pathetic, you're obviously just bored and looking for trouble to stir.
Maybe stacey removed her comment because she understood that she was a bit quick off the mark seeing as nothing has been written in stone yet. All she was guilty of is enthusiasm.
As for "publicly slagging people off" - get a grip. nothing Stacey said was offensive or in any way slagging someone off. I would suggest that you apologise for making false accusations and go find someone else to bother.
I can assure you Taz it takes more that the contents of this thread to "ruffle the feathers" of anyone with half a brain cell.

Ladybird, I can only assume you rang Steph? Her description of the current situation is accurate and no you have not been a fool. These things take time but you won't find 2 more enthusiastic, determined and hardworking ladies so when they do have a livery up and running you'll be well looked after.
How can you say that the current situation is accurate, why would steph say that stables are being built in one of the buildings when you say that nothing is set in stone. Taz spoke to the farmer today who said nothing is going to happen there i thinkthe girls are giving out the wrong message. I'm going to see the owner tomorrow to see if he knows about this situation.

mirandarainbow
08-Nov-12, 22:48
Fields are being fought over a bit currently as it is at Thurso East, with a lot of them very exposed and/or a long way from the stables... Not sure how happy people would be to have even more fields occupied, which also would result in less fields for riding in and hacking out. It's hard enough when the cows are out finding empty fields, I'm not sure having more horses would go down too well with current thurso east users. I also think all current users would have to be informed/asked about new management if things were to get set in stone before advertising it as livery... out of politeness if anything, as it would affect them quite significantly...

taz
08-Nov-12, 22:58
Porshiepoo i understand your only looking out for your daughter, yes i agree that they may be enthusiastic but i disagree to your comment "looking for trouble to stir"...
I am just looking out for someone who was geniunely interested in stabling/grazing and was willing to give up rental to move to Thurso...The post is misleading and inaccurate i was only stating an obvious point to others who were geniunely keen for livery...
No apology will be made from me, I was stating comments made from deleted posts and ps it wasn't my feathers that were ruffled in the first place :) I am only going by information that was given to me today, i wasn't causing trouble just stating facts!
Amazed how you slate me "Bored and looking for trouble" yet it was your daughter that removed ALL posts.

GizzyWizzy
08-Nov-12, 23:22
yes, we left achavrole livery. it was a shame as i really enjoyed it there and the farmer, his wife and son were very nice people.
However, steph should not have given anyone false information about thurso east or told anyone that stables etc are being built 'n' what not because they are not. If you want to keep your horses at thurso east then get ahold of john the farmer.
Mirandarainbow, dont worry about thurso east being taken over, its not going to be, myself and steph were only wanting to help john run his livery business, it is still johns business not ours. And we have taken in consideration about everyone who keeps there horses there we assure you. :)
Taz, the reason I removed all posts was because I was advised too. and at no point did I slag anyone off!
like I said, nothing is set in stone. so no one panic lol.
I know john wants what is best for us, and is trying to help us out.

Moira
08-Nov-12, 23:43
never saw the posts but after reading all the comments, am wondering whether thurso or surronds have any yards suitable and may have to make a special trip in to thurso to have a look myself, unless any one can suggest any good places for horses.

Good decision. I'm not inspired by the replies on here so would definitely check out the livery facilities available, in person.

Good luck. :)

porshiepoo
09-Nov-12, 14:16
[QUOTE=GizzyWizzy;987311]yes, we left achavrole livery. it was a shame as i really enjoyed it there and the farmer, his wife and son were very nice people.

Think you're being too kind there lol. The guy let you both renovate the place at your expense, advertise the place and then demand £2400 a month from you. Mind you he was kind enough to give you 3 months free - oh no, wait, he took that back didn't he! I suppose he did drop his price to 60% of your weekly turnover though, which granted, was a result seeing as his wife wanted 70%. Like I said,You're being a bit too kind there ;)
Personally I think they're a pair of underhanded con artists!

Porshiepoo i understand your only looking out for your daughter, yes i agree that they may be enthusiastic but i disagree to your comment "looking for trouble to stir"...
I am just looking out for someone who was geniunely interested in stabling/grazing and was willing to give up rental to move to Thurso...The post is misleading and inaccurate i was only stating an obvious point to others who were geniunely keen for livery...
No apology will be made from me, I was stating comments made from deleted posts and ps it wasn't my feathers that were ruffled in the first place :o) I am only going by information that was given to me today, i wasn't causing trouble just stating facts!
Amazed how you slate me "Bored and looking for trouble" yet it was your daughter that removed ALL posts.

Believe me, my daughter needs no one to look out for her. I was merely reacting to your nasty, incorrect comment saying that she had been "slagging people off".
At no point did she slag anyone off, if she had she'd have me to answer to. It seems as though you were the only one that felt that way anyway judging by the messages I've had!
FYI it was me that encouraged her to remove those posts. If I'd known she was going to put anything up i would have suggested she didn't simply because I know how some people troll these threads just looking to stir up trouble and personally I think that some threads have the ability to get out of hand because intent and emotion cannot be expressed in a reply, therefore they can easily become warped and read inaccurately.

I don't think any existing livery users at Thurso East need worry. As my daughter has already pointed out there is not going to be any 'Takeover' by either Stacey or Steph.

daisychain
09-Nov-12, 16:25
I think the "Trouble"was started by the post itself about the livery being at thurso east giving false information to people about the place without having permission to do so There are a few of us that have kept our horses there for many years personally i've been there for 16 and i know that Taz has been there 14. Stacy the farm at thurso east is not run as a "livery" it's a few lassies that have grazing and a stable it has no "facilities" and hasn't done for a long time. At one time many years ago it was a riding school and it would be lovely to see that again but it would take an awful lot of money to get one up and running. I fail to see what you have to do with the farm other than being stephs friend as you don't keep a horse there. I can understand that the other girls that rent there would feel a bit "ruffled " i would be extremely p****d off if i found out someone was trying to take my stables over. If you start a livery at scrabster farm i wish you all the best with it i know many people that live in thurso are desperate to get their horses nearer. But wait untill you get it set in stone before giving people information.

GizzyWizzy
09-Nov-12, 17:04
Any false information has not come from either myself or steph, for some reason things on this thread are getting twisted away from the truth.
Thurso east is known as a 'livery', people keep there horses there for stables and grazing and pay for the 'facilities'.
And we do agree, it would be very nice to see thurso east 'done' up again :)

daisychain
09-Nov-12, 18:44
yes, we left achavrole livery. it was a shame as i really enjoyed it there and the farmer, his wife and son were very nice people.
However, steph should not have given anyone false information about thurso east or told anyone that stables etc are being built 'n' what not because they are not. If you want to keep your horses at thurso east then get ahold of john the farmer.
Mirandarainbow, dont worry about thurso east being taken over, its not going to be, myself and steph were only wanting to help john run his livery business, it is still johns business not ours. And we have taken in consideration about everyone who keeps there horses there we assure you. :)
Taz, the reason I removed all posts was because I was advised too. and at no point did I slag anyone off!
like I said, nothing is set in stone. so no one panic lol.
I know john wants what is best for us, and is trying to help us out.
Mmmm so here in this post you're saying that steph SHOULDN'T have given out false information. But now you're saying that niether you or steph gave out any false information you're digging a hole for yourself!!!!!

simpsoney
09-Nov-12, 19:33

I have to state that my feathers have been severely ruffled by this and i have more than half a brain cell. I was informed of this situation and was extremely annoyed at the whole thing. I am one of the people who has been down there for years (behind Daisychain and Taz) and to hear that someone is putting it forward that they are running their business from Thurso East now when the farmer has informed us that this is not the case is just crazy!! Why would you put it on caithness.org that this is where the business is now being run from when that is totally untrue is beyond me. Not good for any business plans in the future behaving this way!

If there is plans for expansion at Thurso East then maybe it would be a good idea to keep your nose out and let the farmer/owner deal with it themselves instead of upsetting everyone before they have even started!!

GizzyWizzy
09-Nov-12, 23:32
1st of all I say neither myself or steph have given any false information because steph has said she has not mentioned or said anything to anyone about new stables being built and she never said anything about further grazing etc. so no, no false information was given out. She has had a few calls from people about thurso east and keeping their horses there and she has told them to get ahold of john, that is it.
2nd of all not once did i say that thurso east was going to be myself and stephs business because its not, like it said its johns, we was only interested in helping him. So yes, john has told you that that is not the case for us running a business because its not.
3rd of all, why would I put it on caithness.org? are you seriouse? it was not myself or steph who started the topic about thurso east but other people giving out wrong information.
4th of all, keep my nose out? you are the one pokeing your nose in not us. jumping too all sorts of conclusions that are not even true! you have no idea what has been discussed between myself, john and steph and the ideas that had been discussed. IDEAS!!!
none of you seem to read what i am saying! not once did i say myself and steph are turning thurso east into a livery business, nor that myself and steph will be running it!
This topic is getting so stupid not that evey time i come on i cant help but laugh! the topic started about achavrole.
If you have more than one brain cell then use it, and read thoroughly!
I dont even know why this topic is still going to be honest! this topic is just going around in circles, jumping to conclusions and not reading what is right in front of you.

ladybird
09-Nov-12, 23:50
Re the above post. I had a conversation with Steph on Wednesday evening re Thurso East. I do not intend writing the details of that conversation on this forum, however I do suggest that facts are correct before saying no false information has been given. If you wish to contact me directly and privately to discuss further then please do so either by PM or by any of the means of contact I gave to Steph on Wednesday.

porshiepoo
09-Nov-12, 23:54
I have to state that my feathers have been severely ruffled by this and i have more than half a brain cell.

Well then all I can say is that it doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers. This whole topic is now way out of hand with people hearing what they want to hear and reacting to it.

I was informed of this situation and was extremely annoyed at the whole thing.

What "situation" were you informed about? There is NO situation!

I am one of the people who has been down there for years (behind Daisychain and Taz) and to hear that someone is putting it forward that they are running their business from Thurso East now when the farmer has informed us that this is not the case is just crazy!! Why would you put it on caithness.org that this is where the business is now being run from when that is totally untrue is beyond me.

OK you need to read this properly. NOBODY said they ARE taking over Thurso east or running their own livery from it. All that has been said is that they discussed it with the farmer. I also stated that the girls were looking in the Thurso AREA. Thurso is much bigger than Thurso East you know!

Not good for any business plans in the future behaving this way!

Hmmmmm, I'm sure most horse owners will make judgements about that by the care their horses receive rather than listen to the absolute tosh that is spouted on this thread from people who THINK they actually get to say what other people do or don't do with their land!

If there is plans for expansion at Thurso East then maybe it would be a good idea to keep your nose out and let the farmer/owner deal with it themselves instead of upsetting everyone before they have even started!!

I honestly fail to see why anyone would be upset at the thought of a livery yard being expanded or upgraded. Surely more fields / stables would be of benefit to everyone if cost didn't change for the horse owner? Or is it more a case of "It's mine and I don't share"? Just so we are clear I am not suggesting that these are plans for Thurso East so don't you go busting that half a brain cell you're so proud of. I'm simply using it as an example.

daisychain
10-Nov-12, 00:28
Hi there I got steph on 01847 895619 wednesday evening at 8.45pm, the new yard is in Thurso at Thurso east. hope this helps
Well what does this post say, It's so obvious that you're backpeddling now!!!

simpsoney
10-Nov-12, 00:38
Well what does this post say, It's so obvious that you're backpeddling now!!!

You beat me to it Daisychain!! Just what i was thinking.

I rang one of the girls last night to ask about the livery as keen to move back into Thurso and was advised that there will be new stables being built inside a building at Thurso east and further grazing was available now, just no stables currently. I have also given my contact details etc for her contact me once up and running. I was also given prices for stables and for grass only??? More fool me it seems!

mmmm quoting someone for stabling and grazing also!!

Enough said.

GizzyWizzy
10-Nov-12, 00:59
what is it with people bringing up old posts... yes i can do that too... well done, you deserve a cookie. ;)
HAHA seriously?! get a grip of yourselves! nothing is happening! how many times do I have to repeat myself!!
AND if you read! I have already answered those 'quotes from other posts'.
Beginning to believe my mum when she says about people on here with half a brain cell. Seriously, how many times do I have to keep repeating myself! I dnt care what other people have said on here about what they have heard or like to stir they have heard about thurso east, like porshiepoo said, you are all hearing what you want to hear and reacting to it.
This is going to be the last time I say this because, to be quite honest it becoming boreing now, silly, childish and petty. "Myself nor Steph are taking over thurso east" and that is all I am now going to say to you because to be quite frank I dont have to explain myself to you or anyone. Nor should I when none of you have any idea what has been discussed between john, steph and myself.

Enough said.

GizzyWizzy
10-Nov-12, 01:01
Steph here - I think this arguement has gone quite far enough, its pointless and is just going in circles. We haven't advertised anything at al, our website nd Facebook mention nothing about any of this. This whole thing is silly

daisychain
10-Nov-12, 01:04
Why would Ladybird make this up?

porshiepoo
10-Nov-12, 01:13
mmmm quoting someone for stabling and grazing also!!

Enough said.

The prices Steph quoted were informing the caller about Johns current prices. The field / stable descriptions were also informing the caller about Johns current set up NOT Steph quoting her own prices for Thurso East.

Enough said!

GizzyWizzy
10-Nov-12, 01:17
Steph here - It's jst al a miss understanding. Nd nothing to fight over. We have explained things loads of times and just keep going in circles. U can search the internet if u want proof that we aren't advertising anything to do with thurso east. We have explained the truth to try and clear up any miss understandings.y r we arguing about it. It's just silly

mirandarainbow
10-Nov-12, 01:43
I think people may have that there was a possibility of Steph and Stacey wanting to run Thurso East. Whether or not that would happen is another story.

Current Thurso East users are bound to be a little peaved at the possibility to say the least, but understandably so. I know neither of you have advertised, but the word has clearly managed to get around somehow...

I think this thread has become a little out of hand, and is turning into a bit of a 'slagging fest' with insults flying! I find saying people only have half a brain cell could be particularly offensive, and think replying with a little more understanding for those who it would affect could have made this whole thing easier. Perhaps if it was made clear in a calmer manner people would understand and listen (read), and accept it without arguments. I can only hope this thread is closed soon before any regrets are made...

annemarie482
10-Nov-12, 02:29
I have no interest in horses....
But having read this thread, I have seen some regular orgers in a totally different light!
And it's not good.
Agreed, I think it's time this thread was closed.

simpsoney
10-Nov-12, 10:04
I am totally peaved with the whole thing but there is a whole lot more to it than is on here. There has previously been trouble at Thurso East as a result of people making false statements and do not want the same thing to happen again.

Please close this thread before any more are said.

daisychain
10-Nov-12, 11:50
The prices Steph quoted were informing the caller about Johns current prices. The field / stable descriptions were also informing the caller about Johns current set up NOT Steph quoting her own prices for Thurso East.

Enough said!
Considering that
1 it's on here that their new yard is at thurso east with stephs phone number
2 that they told people of the plans they for it
3 that this has now been obviously denied
4 that now it has been said that they have nothing to do with it and get in touch with the farmer if you want grazing so.....
Why is it Stephs phone number on here and what right does she have giving out information concerning the farm that has nothing to do with her
Anyone with half a brain cell can work out that this post has got out of hand with all the untruths that have been revealed and now being covered up.
As simpsony says it won't look good for your next buisness venture. By the way no one has mentioned that you have advertised this a your business.

porshiepoo
10-Nov-12, 16:30
Considering that
1 it's on here that their new yard is at thurso east with stephs phone number
2 that they told people of the plans they for it
3 that this has now been obviously denied
4 that now it has been said that they have nothing to do with it and get in touch with the farmer if you want grazing so.....
Why is it Stephs phone number on here and what right does she have giving out information concerning the farm that has nothing to do with her
Anyone with half a brain cell can work out that this post has got out of hand with all the untruths that have been revealed and now being covered up.
As simpsony says it won't look good for your next buisness venture. By the way no one has mentioned that you have advertised this a your business.

Daisychain, stephs phone number managed to find it's way on here because someone rang her in the belief that she had started up another livery,that person then left her number in all innocence having made an incorrect connection between Steph and Thurso East. The link was made on here before either Steph or Stacey could respond to any of the posts.

Look, I can accept that suggesting someone only has half a brain cell was out of order and uncalled for and so for saying that I apologise.

There haven't been any untruths said by either Stacey or Steph and they are not trying to backpeddle or cover anything up. It seems that several private conversations about different livery yards have all got muddled up and have then been tagged with Thurso East.
Stacey & Steph did not have plans to take over Thurso East. They simply spoke of ideas they came up with that may improve the facilities for those that were already there but obviously those ideas would have had to have been put to John and he would then decide what was feasible. These were not "plans" though and involved the girls no more than them being the ones making the suggestions. Is THAT what this is all about? A few ideas and wishful thinkings of "wouldn't it be nice if". I fail to see how ideas put to John constitute imminent takeover.
The plans the girls speak of with regards to stables within existing buildings are for another place that they are looking at, NOT Thurso East.

I honestly hope this clears the matter up and that people can accept that conversations have become muddled.

porshiepoo
10-Nov-12, 16:42
I am totally peaved with the whole thing but there is a whole lot more to it than is on here. There has previously been trouble at Thurso East as a result of people making false statements and do not want the same thing to happen again.

Please close this thread before any more are said.

I agree. This thread is serving no purpose now and is causing more upset as it goes along rather than helping to cool the situation.

donnick
10-Nov-12, 19:55
Time for this thread to be locked i am thinking ,before all you horse folk fall out over NOTHING !!

baileys Bhoy
10-Nov-12, 21:18
When I initially replayed to this thread I thought I was helping someone out, as far as I new the ex college yard was the place for steph and stacys new business venture but I was corrected on that, so I personally phoned steph, what I said was not ment to stir trouble at all, and I wish steph and Stacy luck in what ever they decide to do. I think it is time this thread was closed

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
11-Nov-12, 07:16
Where ever they end up just make sure they have a firm contract in place and signed with regards to rental so they don't make same mistake again! ( I mean with regards to Achavrolr not Thurso East)!

Indian_Shadow_Moon
11-Nov-12, 10:42
Poor Stace and Steph have done nothing severly wrong. This thread needs locking.