PDA

View Full Version : The only one whose beneffiting is the bank.

david
04-Nov-12, 19:21
Halkirk District Benefit Fund-half a million quid sitting there day in day out-good news if your a banker, lots of benefits for them!

I'd like to know the jokers that set up the access rules to the funds. It's a disgrace IMHO.

changilass
04-Nov-12, 19:33
Do you have a link to the access rules

david
04-Nov-12, 19:38
Do you have a link to the access rules

DYOR as they say. Think hoops and hurdles!

gleeber
04-Nov-12, 20:01
DYOR as they say. Think hoops and hurdles!
What does that mean? :eek:

changilass
04-Nov-12, 20:19
You start a thread, presumably for discussion, but don't bother including a link.

Why should I do my own research on a topic YOU wish to discuss?

david
04-Nov-12, 20:47
You start a thread, presumably for discussion, but don't bother including a link.

Why should I do my own research on a topic YOU wish to discuss?

Just googled it as I had done previously about a year ago, cant see anything now..... Like I said "hoops and hurdles". Clowns running this show I'm afraid.

Bobinovich
04-Nov-12, 20:55
Guideline for Funding Applications PDF file is here (http://www.halkirkdistrictbenefitfund.org.uk/documents/HDBF_Guidelines_for_Funding_Applications.pdf)

david
04-Nov-12, 21:01
Guideline for Funding Applications PDF file is here (http://www.halkirkdistrictbenefitfund.org.uk/documents/HDBF_Guidelines_for_Funding_Applications.pdf)

Well done thanks.

outsidethebox
04-Nov-12, 21:27
look like pretty decent guidelines, what funding are you wanting david that they won't give you?

david
04-Nov-12, 21:40
look like pretty decent guidelines, what funding are you wanting david that they won't give you?

I need a new store for my lawnmower.

JoeSoap
04-Nov-12, 21:44
Which section of the guidelines do you find disgraceful David?

david
04-Nov-12, 21:51
Which section of the guidelines do you find disgraceful David?

Try para 2b-energy efficiency and then take a look at the Ross Institute of an evening all lit up.

changilass
04-Nov-12, 21:53
Sorry David, not seeing anything there that is 'disgraceful'.

Cheers for the link Bob.

JoeSoap
04-Nov-12, 21:55
I need a new store for my lawnmower.
From the guidelines, the fund has been set up "To promote [...] a common effort to advance education and relieve poverty for the benefit of the public and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for recreation and leisure time"

You're annoyed because they won't buy you a garden shed? Seriously? :confused

david
04-Nov-12, 21:59
From the guidelines, the fund has been set up "To promote [...] a common effort to advance education and relieve poverty for the benefit of the public and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for recreation and leisure time"

You're annoyed because they won't buy you a garden shed? Seriously? :confused

My sarcasm is clearly wasted on you..

JoeSoap
04-Nov-12, 22:11
My sarcasm is clearly wasted on you..
Clearly...

You're so annoyed by the guidelines that you started this thread, but you couldn't be bothered linking to those guidelines and the only thing you've got to complain about is that a small part of the funding has possibly paid for some lighting on the Ross Institute.

I can't be bothered eeking information out of you one cryptic/sarcastic sentence at a time.

JoeSoap
04-Nov-12, 22:16
I should add that I don't know anything about the fund or the way it's being managed and was genuinely interested to hear what it was you thought they'd got wrong and why. Shame.

Alrock
04-Nov-12, 22:32
Looks to me like the problem is that they have all this money & nothing to spend it on due to its fair but strict rules. The rules need to be relaxed so as to free up this money as it's not doing the community any good at all just sitting in a bank. If that means buying everyone in the village a new shed then so be it, they could employ some local unemployed people to build them all, that would be better than doing nothing.

david
04-Nov-12, 22:33
I should add that I don't know anything about the fund or the way it's being managed and was genuinely interested to hear what it was you thought they'd got wrong and why. Shame.

Perhaps you should do some of your own research if youre interested. My OP was assuming that most people knew the history of the fund-the lack of take up was very recently highlighted in our local papers. Sorry if this has caused some confusion. No offence intended.

Dadie
04-Nov-12, 22:58
Dont bother with a shed each...Do up the playparks, football field and changing facilities, buy stuff for the toddler group, have a pensioners group and buy stuff for that...see what the youth club needs/wants, Guide/Brownie trips, nature notice boards round the river walk...upgrade the path etc ....all valid spends....
That only took me 20 seconds of thinking...surely you can come up with better?