PDA

View Full Version : Beer Munchies!!!!!!!!!

grantyg
15-Dec-06, 00:56
Right I have been out to the pub quiz and we won!!! Hoorah Croy band team!!!

I have had beer and I have the munchies - now I always go for the red onion and cheese on bread in the microwave for 30 seconds, 20 depending on beer consumed.
Tonight there was a potato scone left that added some needed carb hit and the worchester sauce adds the class!!!

So what are your favourite HOMEMADE beer munchies - remember HOMEMADE not kebab or curry just a wee fav treat after you have spent the last hour staring into your pint trying to be intelligent and nearly wetting yourself when you get crazy horse emlyn hughs correct!

grantyg
15-Dec-06, 09:30
Blimey no woncer I feel sick this morning!

newpark
15-Dec-06, 10:35
chicken paste on toast with ketchup (the best) yummy.

MGB1979
15-Dec-06, 11:09
Slide a couple of potato waffles into the toaster, it'll take 2 goes to cook them, serve with cheese and salt.

Through
15-Dec-06, 15:41
I do a cheeky wee omlette, but last time I melted the plastic spatula and wifie freaked. Stupid idea anyway, plastic spatula. Should have been wooden.

danc1ngwitch
16-Dec-06, 18:14
uh hu glad im t total lol

loobyloo
16-Dec-06, 19:06
I've been assured that a 'wotsit' omlette, hula hoops at a push, is especially good when under the h'influence!

Metalattakk
16-Dec-06, 19:46
Got to be better than the toasted lemsip sandwiches we had one night, back when I was 'learning' to drink...some bright spark's idea of staving off the hangover.

Tasted awful, and it ultimately didn't work either. :(

Thankfully I've more sense now, and just put up with the inevitable hangover. ;)

footie chick
16-Dec-06, 21:14
Soup before you go to bed does away with most hangovers ;)

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:14
when i get the beer munchies i go on the sea food diet:eek:

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 21:16
when i get the beer munchies i go on the sea food diet:eek:
Dont you mean see food? :lol:

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 21:20

lol you dont get it,i love a fish supper when i've had a few beers [lol]

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 22:59

lol my sea food diet comeing back on me now,my beer farts are smelling of fish now [lol]

footie chick
16-Dec-06, 23:11
Just a wee bit too much information :eek: [lol]

Jeemag_USA
16-Dec-06, 23:15
Take a tin of new potatoes and drain the water off, dice them up and throw them in the frying pan, fyr until browned and add some mexican spices or spices of your choice and come chopped chillis, then crack three eggs on top and swirl about until you get a kind of omellete affair. Works for me every time. Spicy egg and tattie hash! Splash on some Tabasco if you have no chillis.

Billy Boy
16-Dec-06, 23:15
lol if you would like a smell, i could fart in a bottle and post it to you :eek: consider it a early xmas prezzie

Through
16-Dec-06, 23:21
Take a tin of new potatoes and drain the water off, dice them up and throw them in the frying pan, fyr until browned and add some mexican spices or spices of your choice and come chopped chillis, then crack three eggs on top and swirl about until you get a kind of omellete affair. Works for me every time. Spicy egg and tattie hash! Splash on some Tabasco if you have no chillis.

Potatoes! Out a tin!! Are you mad???

Jeemag_USA
17-Dec-06, 00:28
Potatoes! Out a tin!! Are you mad???

You'll understand if you try it, fried new tatties from a tin is an awesome flavor!!

footie chick
17-Dec-06, 09:53
lol if you would like a smell, i could fart in a bottle and post it to you :eek: consider it a early xmas prezzie

Think I'll pass on that one :eek:

danc1ngwitch
17-Dec-06, 16:25
lol my sea food diet comeing back on me now,my beer farts are smelling of fish now [lol]

screws my face, throws a huge towel over the org... fart all u want now lol

Orger
17-Dec-06, 17:46
mmmmmm gotta be a couple of slices of melted Cheese with ham and tomato on toast... (i no I'm greedy before anyone says.. hehe..)

Lovely munchies...

Oh yea i forgot, you need a good drop of Pepper to top it all off.. :Razz

peedie
17-Dec-06, 22:00
chips cheese and gravy......boootiful! [lol] (my flatmate is appalled)

Mister Squiggle
17-Dec-06, 22:21
Just remember, cooking when drunk can lead to all sorts of disasters - a popular tale from back home (which has escalated in to some sort of urban myth amongst friends of mine) has the fellow coming home from the pub and cooking up some tinned steak and onions he found in the fridge, eating it all up gleefully and then falling into bed happy and full-stomached.
The next morning, he discovers he has cooked up the tinned dog food left over from Fido's dinner from the night before.
You have been warned!

Metalattakk
17-Dec-06, 22:27
I'd like to add - COOKING WHEN DRUNK IS VERY DANGEROUS! DON'T DO IT!!!

Last time I tried it, it ended up with the Fire Brigade, the Police and worst of all, The Wife giving me severe gip.

Not worth the hassle folks! Have a nice sandwich instead, eh?

emszxr
17-Dec-06, 22:41
aint had a good drink in over 3 years so cant remember the munchies

lassieinfife
18-Dec-06, 00:46
have been tea-total for last 15 years but a bacon sandwich with lots of tomato ketchup is still a favorite:lol: