PDA

View Full Version : Local Scene Christmas Cards??

Mrs Sweetie
02-Nov-12, 10:52
Can anyone tell me the name of any local shops selling packs of Christmas cards, specifically depicting Caithness scenes please?

I am looking for a few for my own personal use, not for in the shop. :)

poppett
02-Nov-12, 16:59
Durrans in Thurso had cards and calendars last year with local scenes painted by a local artist, I think his name is Mackenzie. I am sure there were posts about this artist before, so if you can find archive posts that may help.....if he doesn`t reply himself.

Failing that if you contact Glyn at the Rumblin Tum his wife does cards and craftwork and she may be able to make something specially for you. The general christmas cards she has for sale in the shop are of a very high standard.

Mrs Sweetie
03-Nov-12, 16:51
Thanks for your reply Poppett, much appreciated. :)

poppett
03-Nov-12, 17:39
If you have any luck, please let me know. I will try Watten Post Office next time I am passing as they used to have Thurso scenes on Christmas cards.

ronald.val
04-Nov-12, 00:07
Hi Gill,
I'm the Mackenzie mentioned earlier and have had local scene cards in Durrans produced from my own paintings. How many were you looking for as I may be able to help you with some.
Send a pm with contact details and I'll get back to you.
Ronald

reddevil
04-Nov-12, 01:42
hi blythswood on the high street wick is selling lovely calanders of local scenes all the money is for the british heart foundation,they are £5 and worth it,the pictures are awsome.

poppett
04-Nov-12, 09:53
Thank you for making contact Ronald.....I just knew you were about here somewhere.

Hope you sell lots of cards as a result.

poppett
04-Nov-12, 12:41
Our Tugmistress here on the org has a Caithness calendar for sale and is considering local view christmas cards. I have sent her a message via facebook to come on here and tell us what she has and prices.

Tugmistress
05-Nov-12, 08:10
The Caithness Weather Calendar has local scenes for each month, as always, the cover photo is one by a local lad age 10 who won the under 16 photo comp i ran this year on my facebook weather page :) the calendars can be ordered for £6 each - payable by paypal (paulagent@hotmail.com) putting in a note that it is an order for a calendar.
I have ordered a set of 10 christmas cars too, 10 cards for £2, each card has 3 local scenes, it is the same scenes on each card. i will see if there is any interest before i order more.

poppett
05-Nov-12, 15:35
Any pics of the cards Tuggs?

Tugmistress
05-Nov-12, 22:04
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522201_10151115779378144_98272705_n.jpg

This is what is on order in packs of 10 with plain white envelopes.

Mrs Sweetie
06-Nov-12, 10:44
Thank you all for your responses. For some reason I did not receive any e-mail notifications that there had been any replies so I'm a little late in getting back.

Ronald I like the sound of yours and will certainly bear them in mind for the future.

I am looking for cards to send abroad to people who don't know me for a craft forum I use so I was thinking more of photographic images of the County. The ones Tugmistress has kindly put up are along the lines I was thinking of and has given me the idea now of maybe a normal card with a set of postcards along with it. I shall mull it over some more and am grateful to you all for taking the time to respond.

poppett
07-Nov-12, 18:00
Those cards look brilliant Tuggs.

Ronald`s artistry is excellent. I have a sent a lot of his calendars abroad over the years and my aunt in Holland has collected them and they are displayed in frames in her hallway and are always much admired.

The Highland Hospice calendar this year have removable postcards attached to the bottom of each month just to throw something else into the equation.

Pleased we were able to help you Gill. Maybe next year you could sell some of the orgers card wares in your shop?

Mrs Sweetie
08-Nov-12, 14:47
Yes, thank you all again. Some good ideas.

I do have a very small selection of cards in the shop, more for people buying at the last minute. There is a very good card shop, The Gift House, just up the road from me and I don't want to be treading on their toes by taking in a wider selection. :)