PDA

View Full Version : What is the most unusual xmas present you got or asked for?

highlander
14-Dec-06, 22:49
I once asked for a chain saw, grrrrrrrr never got one, but i also asked for a metal dectector, now thats great fun

ice box
14-Dec-06, 23:08
A pair of woollies but wanted a radio control car Grrrr

Wellies
14-Dec-06, 23:49
A sheep and got two. Done that twice now. This year included.

krieve
14-Dec-06, 23:50
Laminate flooring [lol] save me having to pay for it.:lol:

squidge
15-Dec-06, 10:14
I have bought a battleaxe for The Bruce for his Christmas this year and I bought him a great helm last year

Mamabear
15-Dec-06, 10:26
A sheep and got two. Done that twice now. This year included.

You did the sheep!!!??? A far too much information btw thats disgusting, there are places for folk like you. I hope the sspca have your number:eek:

danc1ngwitch
15-Dec-06, 15:55
<< laughing at the above, hehehe... tut tut .. oh noooo slaps my knee hohoho ...[lol]

scotsboy
15-Dec-06, 16:01
Squidge wrote:
I have bought a battleaxe for The Bruce for his Christmas this year

Can you put up with the competition Squidge? I suppose he needs to balance out his life, having a nice mild mannered partner a battle axe in the house as well should make it interesting :)

obiron
15-Dec-06, 16:37
a few years ago i asked for a cupboard to hide the videos and the year after i asked for a picture that was in the argos book.

Fluff
15-Dec-06, 20:11
last year one of my presents was a bread bin. i was not amused.

although it is very handy, would have just preferd if it was not a xmas present.

Oddquine
15-Dec-06, 20:59
As I was coming up here just after Christmas last year, I aked for a pair of wellies............and got a leopardskin patterned pair with which I can't wear more than one thin pair of socks...........fashion wellies.........whatever next.

Had to go and get myself a pair of proper green ones, a couple of sizes too big, so I can wear nearly every pair of socks I have to keep my feet warm as well as dry.

peedie
15-Dec-06, 22:23
oh dont get me started i had a relation really into mad prezzies, between my sister we have had these present all wrapped. a sausage, toilet roll, a box of salt, oatcakes, a tomato and a tunnock teacake (both wrapped pass the parcel style, imagine the mess when we finally got them open) and the final year...a box of tissues with fanny wipes printed on them. for her birthday i sent her a seletion of willy shaped confectionary and since then the presents have been relatively normal ;)

htwood
15-Dec-06, 23:47
One year I got a granny style flannel nightie, red & white striped. Most unhappy, because, once again, he chose what was easy for him, not what I wanted. So after the divorce he he I gave it to an elderly friend who loves it. Spread the joy.

xx_chickie
16-Dec-06, 19:59
fashion wellies.........whatever next.

Hehe! Wearing wellies for fashion is a big mistake if you ask me! You're right, it's silly! What is the world coming to?!

It's nice to recieve gifts, however weird and wonderful they are though! :)

What's the strangest thing you have given someone for Christmas?

sassylass
16-Dec-06, 20:16
Mr Sassy wrapped up 2 hideously ugly Hawaiian shirts for our kids when they were about 10 and 12 years old. To their credit, they gulped and said Thanks Dad :eek: before they got some real pressies. That year he also wrapped up a shower cap for me, I was not as gracious as my children. He thought he was sooooooo funny [lol].

This year he will ohhhh so smugly open the long skinny golf club shaped box and find inside a mechancial grabber for picking up litter hehehe. The new club will be hidden under the sofa.

xx_chickie
16-Dec-06, 20:24
That's a sneaky one, sassylass!! Revenge is sweet!

newlabeluk
16-Dec-06, 22:29
at one time there seemed to be a rash of the ugly jumper in our family....you never knew who'd get it but you see 'the what did i do wrong' flit across the face of the poor person that ran foul that year, strange but it never was the same gift giver.

my worst Christmas was the year i gave my husband the list he asked for and got 'also rans' he thought they were close enough. a pair of themed statues and instead of the asked for pair got to seperate ones from different themed pairing.

I buy my own now or get my kids to do it.[lol]

Through
16-Dec-06, 23:42
My brother and I have a bit of a contest. I am particularly proud of the Noggin the Nog board game that I got from the Barras for a pound (brand new). When he unwrapped it, his (new at the time) wife asked why I'd sent him that. He had a classic motorbike and one year I got him two used grand prix tyres; one front and one rear. He left them lying in my mother's garage, because he was too snobby to paint them up and plant things in them.

His best so far, was the game where two of us wear velcro hats and throw a velcro ball at each other.

This year I was a bit serious and have sent him "The Ascent of Rum Doodle." I would recommend that as a good read for everyone who likes the old fashioned English middle class sens of humour.

Don't tell him what he's getting folks!

Alice in Blunderland
17-Dec-06, 00:03
This thread takes me back to the year that I stupidly complained the kettle was leaking and how much I thought I needed a new one....

A few days later a square box appeared under the christmas tree. One very proud (ex) husband announced that he had just bought me my pressie and that I would never guess what it was not in a million years , he even commented on how nice the girls in the shop were by offering to wrap it for him. As you have all guessed by now on Christmas day I unwrapped a brand new top of the range kettle....funny said my husband I realy didnt know the Hydro wrapped presents until I bought this one.....the Hydro girls must have been laughing for the rest of the day feeling sorry for the poor girl who was going to be opening this gift :eek: I learnt my lesson if anything broke down leaked or just was getting on my nerves I stayed silent until after Christmas. Still as the saying goes its the thought (or lack of it) that counts. :confused

cuddlepop
17-Dec-06, 22:00
Been there and got the Tshirt too Alice.
Mine's an X now too.
Much prefer my other halfs gifts;) now wonder if its anything to do with not being married:lol: .

lassieinfife
18-Dec-06, 00:51
Worst pressie I ever got was a tea caddy and a packet of earl gray tea......... I have never drunk tea in my life[disgust] was from ex sister-in- law