PDA

View Full Version : car alarm

doyle
02-Feb-05, 20:58
How can i lock my car- without setting the alarm- when i leave my dog in the car. So far I have been leaving it unlocked. :confused Not good! She is in the boot area with a dog guard which really is NO deterrent. Can anyone help?

captain chaos
02-Feb-05, 23:08
If the alarm was a factory fit. The answer will be found in the vehicle manual.

Some makes have you press keyfob twice others have switches insiide that disable the interior alarm but leave the perimeter alarm active again your manual should tell you if this is possible.

If the alarm is an after fit then contact the manufacturer and they should be able to help..

The Angel Of Death
03-Feb-05, 10:11
mines is a primera and on the left hand side of the handbreak i havea button i hold for 5 - 10 seconds and that turns of the motion sensor inside the car

Works as well i used to lock the mother in law in the car for a laugh as well when parked to say she wasnt chuffed

doyle
03-Feb-05, 17:36
thanks for your help. I have found it in my manual at last. I just need to turn key twice in locking direction - alarm still on but interior monitor system is switched off. Sorted! :D Tried it out and it works - poor dog thought she was going a walk! :(