PDA

View Full Version : Recent Poll - Thank You

jamieS
14-Dec-06, 21:59
I would like to express my thanks to all those who voted for me in the recent poll. Thank you.
Now I feel members should show their support to the User group and the task they are about to undertake, I fear it is not going to be an easy job for them. Regardless of the suggestions they put forward to the owners not everyone will be happy, but I am sure the changes that are implemented will be for the good of the forum and allow for better administration and moderation which in turn will lead to a better user experience for the members and guests.

All the best and good luck to the User group
Jamie

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 22:07
I'd like to add my thanks to those of JamieS............and say that if anyone has any ideas as to new rules or amendments to current ones, I'll be happy to get them, by PM or to oddquine@gmail.com.

I'm not promising to promote them, mind, but I will put them to the group for general consideration.

Have to admit....I'm gobsmacked........and honoured to have been elected.

Piglet
14-Dec-06, 23:25
Well Said JamieS & Good luck to the usergroup:D

Mamabear
14-Dec-06, 23:29
I would like to express my thanks to all those who voted for me in the recent poll. Thank you.
Now I feel members should show their support to the User group and the task they are about to undertake, I fear it is not going to be an easy job for them. Regardless of the suggestions they put forward to the owners not everyone will be happy, but I am sure the changes that are implemented will be for the good of the forum and allow for better administration and moderation which in turn will lead to a better user experience for the members and guests.

All the best and good luck to the User group
Jamie

Superb also ran speach JamieS , well done mate, Im so sorry that not many voted for you. I would have but there were many options . Maybe next time

donnalee1994
14-Dec-06, 23:31
well said james but such a shame u didnt get in

weeboyagee
14-Dec-06, 23:32
Thanks folks for the votes! Looking forward to doing as much as i can in the group - now just waiting for the rest of the group to find out the final result and then all of us can get going. PM me with any points and like oddquine said we can get them discussed in the specials.

Thanks again folks.....

WBG :cool:

Mamabear
14-Dec-06, 23:35
Well done WBG , good luck mate- you will need it

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 23:40
I think you can rest easy James mate.

For a guy who has posted so few times and never initiated a thread you did great!

I think Crashbandicoot and Oddquine were the only succesful participants to have low posting numbers, (relatively, next to the likes of you and me).

It is was a bit like those polls of the top 100 albums we keep getting with Radiohead beating The Beatles, and suchlike, there is no accounting for taste!

I am quite happy that the folk involved will do a good job, and look forward to reading how they thrash it out.

;)

Praetorian
14-Dec-06, 23:43
Whilst trying not like a politician having lost an election - I wish to thank those that voted for me. For the winners the hard work starts now - There is a big rip in the org which needs repaired and will take months to repair. I would hope that the group will be as open as they can be during the time as we have seen how destructive secrets or perceived secrets can be. They have a very very hard job in front of them but actions speak louder than words I wish them well.

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 23:44
Hey why don't we just keep this thread going and do all the discussing and planning here, and once decisions are made you can update the limited thread?

Rebel to the end!

Oddquine
15-Dec-06, 00:18
As far as I can see, there is to be a thread, accessible only to members for reading, and admin/mods/user group for posting.....................which means you can all see what is going on ..and put your oar in by PMing/emailing any of the User Group.who will put your points forward (with or without endorsement).

Might be an idea if admin were to open a thread for suggestions for rules on the lines of Rheghead's one, but only accessible by members?

Inclined to the idea that there should be a members only forum. to discuss problems/user group stuff etc.............that way w're not going to scare off new posters.........which we may well do if the forum appears to be in a state of anarchy.

Mamabear
15-Dec-06, 00:19
Hey why don't we just keep this thread going and do all the discussing and planning here, and once decisions are made you can update the limited thread?

Rebel to the end!

Yes why dont we, but lets get some sensible folk in to do the planning & as you or JamieS didnt get enough votes , It means there isnt anyone on this thread eligible to do give orders or make decisions!!!
Sounds like you are not such a good loser there Boozeburglar, then again, could you be doing with the hassle?

Elenna
15-Dec-06, 00:36
I've only just gotten in here tonight to catch up with things, and like Oddquine, I'm quite astonished to find a result in my favour! I have to say I am very pleased, though, and I'm looking forward to working with my fellow Committee members in what is likely going to be a very interesting task!

Many thanks to those who voted for me...I appreciate the support you have shown...and I shall do my best at the task(s) I undertake in your behalf. I am also happy to receive any suggestions and ideas for consideration/discussion, so please feel free to PM or email me.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:43
Yes why dont we, but lets get some sensible folk in to do the planning & as you or JamieS didnt get enough votes , It means there isnt anyone on this thread eligible to do give orders or make decisions!!!
Sounds like you are not such a good loser there Boozeburglar, then again, could you be doing with the hassle?

Is there a sense of humour to go with the mamabear graphics, come on?!!

I can give orders to anyone I like, I own the gaff!

However, I would be truly frightened were anyone to pay attention to them...

Long live the revolution!

porshiepoo
15-Dec-06, 01:16
Such a shame you didn't make it JamieS, I was rooting for you, I think you would have been an asset to us.:(

I'd like to add my thanks too.:) I'd like to think that I'll do my best to help wherever possible and if anyone wants to contact me with suggestions / queries etc then feel free to pm or email me.
Congrats to all those others that made it too and comiserations to those that didn't.

WeeBurd
15-Dec-06, 02:08
Hello Folks, I too would like to thank everyone who participated and voted in the poll. It show's that people really do care what happens to the Forums and I'm sure my fellow group members will agree, we'll do our darndest to consider all avenues, and work through all suggestions to try and come to a practical solution to our current issues.

Please do not hesitate to PM me with any suggestions or ideas you'd like me to take forward to the user group. I can't promise I'll agree with them personally, but I'm here to voice the opinions and ideas of all the Forum users, not just my own!

Gogglebox
15-Dec-06, 02:14
Thanks all who voted
Like others if you have any suggestions i will be glad to put them forward and see if they can add to the discussion

Ricco
15-Dec-06, 08:17
I would also like to thank those who voted for me in the poll. It is great to know that there are so many orgers who are concerned that steps be taken to rescue and strengthen the org community. I am sure that the team will soon be examining the current state of affairs, pondering over what may need to be done and discussing, then posting, their suggestions. Once again, thanks. :)

paris
15-Dec-06, 12:08
congrats to all who got through. The hard work starts now. Jan x