PDA

View Full Version : Pound stretchers Wick

SK015
31-Oct-12, 16:10
Found this shop to be a mix between The Factory Shop and Whatsits.Would off been better if wick had got a poundland or Poundworld.Lots of things in Poundstetcher had No Price on them?
Overall very disappointed.

linnie612
31-Oct-12, 16:39
Good grief - give them a chance.

Serenity
31-Oct-12, 16:48
Good grief - give them a chance.

What do you mean give them a chance. It is a chain store. Everyone knows the kind of stuff they sell.

We do not need another semi cheap purveyor of rubbish IMO. Either a proper discount store, or something of quality. Of course that is just what I personally would like and I know I am not the entire demographic. But poundstretcher is particularly disappointing. I wish I could give it a chance as I know it provides jobs but it is just useless.

pat
31-Oct-12, 16:54
In Outer Hebrides if shop opens some of the first through the door - or even before officially open is Trading Standards - to ensure prices are clearly marked for EVERYTHING, if not completely clear they are advised to get it done immediately or shut shop until it is done - and they will be back continually until all prices are clearly visible.
Know this happened to a new sweet shop and a new craft shop in Stornoway - visit before opening by Trading Standards and advised they will be checking and they have been.

Vimto
31-Oct-12, 16:57
Funnily enough my husband said the same, Also when we were in some things we found were reduced while others the same thing werent, there was a tin of juice said buy one get one free, this was the only tin that had this lol, They need to sort this out or have one shelve for the reduced items :) i picked something up that had a huge sticker on it saying £2.49 for a dressing gown so i bought this but was not going to get it cause the sticker was not meant to be on it, Well i seen it like this and thought what a bargain esp how the rest of them was £8 :)

chocolatechip
31-Oct-12, 18:26
I was in on Monday I found it reasonable on lots of things. And its nice to see a new store come to town I know its like all the rest of the shops that sells similar items but if your on a budget its great. :)

starfish
31-Oct-12, 19:15
give the shop a chance all new things do have a few teething problems do not forget its all new staff , this shop has given jobs to people of caithness, and brought people to the town where they will probably spend more money. The car parks have not been this full for a long time which means people are coming into town . I remember when tesco and the shops at homebase opened people where saying the town did not need them but everyone uses them at sometime

parkie
31-Oct-12, 19:34
well said starfish,i was in the store on sunday,good to see the store being used again

porshiepoo
31-Oct-12, 19:45
It's a flippin shop - get over it SKO15. At least it makes use of an empty building within the town centre which, lets face it, could do with more shops.
I went in and found it great. Yes, it's bound to have a few teething problems but give em a chance to get going!
It's about time we had more shops to encourage people into the town. The Highland Council did Wick town a huge injustice by encouraging retail development at either end of the town. There's simply no enthusiasm to make use of the few remaining shops in the actual town centre when you have a retail park one end and a one stop shop the other!
Mind you, we do have lots of beautiful empty buildings to look at :(

Serenity
31-Oct-12, 20:32
Porshiepoo. What do you mean "get over it". Like you said it is just a shop. Why do you not "get over it" regarding some people not being a big fan of it? Maybe they are happy being, presumably, "under" it.

Serenity
31-Oct-12, 20:35
I do agree with your point about empty shops though. Why do we not lower rates and maybe something of quality could move in.

Eilanboy
01-Nov-12, 15:26
Simple solution if you don't like the shop don't use it.Nobody forcing you however give the number of full plastic bags coming out of it since it opened a lot of people must like it.

mrsC2011
01-Nov-12, 18:18
i was in it on tuesday never got a proper look as it was busy but i liked a lot of the stuff and my wee boy was pointin out stuff for his birthday and xmas which he hasnt done in other shops one its been open a while i think it will still be as popular as it was becoz its cheap and has different thing to other shops

linnie612
01-Nov-12, 18:38
What do you mean give them a chance. .

Exactly that.

This is a newly opened (albeit part of a chain) shop, with I assume at least some of the staff learning 'on the job'. It is utilising a disused commercial building in the town centre and providing much needed

employment. Whether an individual chooses to shop in it is surely immaterial - you simply vote with your feet.