PDA

View Full Version : Scotland's Lord Snooties

secrets in symmetry
28-Oct-12, 20:44
Lord Snooties were mentioned in another thread. St Eck thinks Tories such as David (call me Dave) Cameron, George Osborne, etc, are Lord Snooties. Perhaps they are, but we have our own Lord Snooties in Scotland.

Here are a few

Graduates or snooty universities - such as St Andrews and Edinburgh. St Eck is a good example
Lawyers - Nicky the Fish fits the bill here
Private school kids - such as Tony Blair
Tory MPs - more precisely "one Tory MP" - and a few Tory MSPs
Members of the SDA (Scottish Democratic Alliance)
Lord Thurso - actually, he's ok, so perhaps he shouldn't be on the list, but he's a Lord Snooty by birth.
I know a few SDA members, and they really are the snootiest of the Lord Snooties! :cool:

Who are your Scottish Lord Snooties?

Jerrico
28-Oct-12, 22:38
Isn't David Cameron's uncle Chieftain of the Clan Cameron in Lochaber?

squidge
29-Oct-12, 08:44
Lord Snooties always seem to me those that think they are better or superior to others either through birth, money or intellect. Anyone can be a "Lord Snooty" - its an attitude and it can be found in people that come from anywhere and it can be missing in people who are on SiSs list too.

pmcd
29-Oct-12, 09:07
But as far as tribal Scots are concerned, "Lord Snooty" is anyone below Hadrian's Wall who isn't going to simply roll over and accept the Secessionists' one-sided and vague idea of Independence. Again, the term is on a par with "they". Tribal Scots will always need an external "they", which is another reason why Independence can't happen. If it did, the "they" would no longer be external - it would be one of them! At which point, factions within would destroy the frail fabric of Independence anyway. In fact, the cracks are appearing already, with 2 Snippers down, and more no doubt to come......