PDA

View Full Version : Are you a spy?

secrets in symmetry
27-Oct-12, 15:30
Do we have any spies amongst our membership? I don't suppose any real spies would admit to being one....

I'm interested in spies - this is my experience of them....

I once knew a spy who worked at the US base at Forss. He would never admit he was a spy, but he didn't deny it either.

I once disturbed a spies' camp deep in the woods opposite one of our nuclear weapons establishments. I don't know for sure whether they were spies, but they were armed with large binoculars, and they dropped everything and legged it as soon as they saw me coming. I didn't hang around either. I called the police - they were very interested, but I never heard back from them, so I don't know whether they were proper spies or just hippy types.

I was recently a referee for a former colleague who applied for a job at one of the UK spy centres. They were interested in his political views, but they seemed equally interested in his social habits and his sexual preferences.

Phill
27-Oct-12, 15:40
Met a couple of 'interesting' chaps running through Wick airport who passed reference to Forss, and what they used to do (and what they were when I met them was questionable).

I also know a guy who did 'work for the government' however got canned after he subscribed to a specific religion.

Black helicopters ahoy.....

billmoseley
27-Oct-12, 16:25
not much to spy on up here nowadays. no interesting people either. although there was one woman called Violet who had some sort of agenda but she was taken care of [evil]

secrets in symmetry
27-Oct-12, 17:44
Spies could still spy on Dounreay. Have you seen Violet there?

bonami
27-Oct-12, 20:53
Just been new Bond 007 movie premier . Must be lot of spys around just now.

radiohead
27-Oct-12, 20:56
MI6 had a recruitment advert in todays' Times....

secrets in symmetry
28-Oct-12, 13:35
MI6 had a recruitment advert in todays' Times....Have you applied yet? :cool:

sids
28-Oct-12, 13:43
Spies could still spy on Dounreay. Have you seen Violet there?

There's a man with binoculars, but he's on the inside, looking out.

achingale
28-Oct-12, 19:44
I know one but only found out by accident. He/she moves around the country a fair bit but was in Caithness for a while.

billmoseley
28-Oct-12, 19:57
surely the mere fact that people say they have know spys or found out by accident means the spy wasn't very good in the first place lololol.

Jerrico
28-Oct-12, 22:50
Remember the Russian spy ship sitting off the 12mile limit north of Brims Ness solely there to listen in to Vulcan, Dounreay, Forss Naval Base and broadcast radio Moscow. You've heard of the singing kettle have you heard it play the soviet National anthem when its not even plugged in? yeah think about that one!

Angel
28-Oct-12, 23:27
We are all spies... that's how we interact... "oh I saw you doing this last night! "... "did you?"... yes but don't worry I won't tell your hubby!
We all glean something from something and think aha... I can use that etc...

Spying in the sense you mean, is deliberate, purposeful and often profits someone or company somewhere. One could say it is underhand... is it right, I don't know... is it moral, again I don't know, is it nessessary, possibly...

I don't spy anymore... I just collect data and use it to my advantage...

Angel... signing out...

Invisible
29-Oct-12, 14:30
Think the OP has been found out by a spy and tortured for information? Or have those "hippy types" came back for revenge?