PDA

View Full Version : You couldn't make it up!!

scorrie
14-Dec-06, 00:12
Just about choked on the old supper this evening when watching the BBC news regarding the fact that circumcision has been found to cut the chances of contracting HIV/Aids. Had to splutter when I saw the name of the expert who came on to expand on the subject.

Check it out on the BBC website. No tittering at the back ;o)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6176209.stm

Piglet
14-Dec-06, 00:14
lol maybe thats why he is so for it then [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Dec-06, 00:28
:lol: :lol: Kevin de CENSORED,noo thats funny.I love this forum when ye can say things like Kevin de CENSORED and nobody bats an eyelid!!!Good one Scorrie.

Davie MacLeod
14-Dec-06, 00:45
Wonder if it's worth a poll, see who's up for that!

Ouch

Scunner
14-Dec-06, 00:47
nice one !!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Kenn
14-Dec-06, 00:51
I'm falling about here.. thanks scorrie that was a good un!

Liz
14-Dec-06, 00:51
Love it!!:lol:

Ojibwa
14-Dec-06, 00:56
Ha! That's a good one. Funny names are always a riot! :lol:

engiebenjy
14-Dec-06, 01:18
You're right - you couldn't make it up!!!

Could say he was born for the job????

Ricco
14-Dec-06, 08:35
Just about choked on the old supper this evening when watching the BBC news regarding the fact that circumcision has been found to cut the chances of contracting HIV/Aids. Had to splutter when I saw the name of the expert who came on to expand on the subject.

Check it out on the BBC website. No tittering at the back ;o)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6176209.stm

Good grief, Scorrie - you're incorrigible! The things you notice; I would have missed it - honest. ;) lol

brandy
14-Dec-06, 10:30
on a serious note though.. in this country you can not get a boy circumsised thru the NHS. as i tried to get both of mine circumsised.
was not to happy about it.. and if we had decided to get it done would have gone well down south to have it done.
it is considered cosmetic.. and they refuse.. the only way they will do it.. is if it has to do with your religious beliefs.. im still not happy with it..

newpark
14-Dec-06, 10:54
Thats the 1st thing that I thought watching it on telly last night. Poor guy some people have nae luck

bluenose
14-Dec-06, 12:17
I read a report on this twenty years ago with regards to homosexual y. Admittedly there was no 'scientific proof' but the anecdotal evidence and common sense pointed to the fact that if you do not have a foreskin then the chances of retaining and later adsorbing an infected persons body fluids are vastly reduced.
Bluenose.

Through
14-Dec-06, 12:38
on a serious note though.. in this country you can not get a boy circumsised thru the NHS. as i tried to get both of mine circumsised.
was not to happy about it.. and if we had decided to get it done would have gone well down south to have it done.
it is considered cosmetic.. and they refuse.. the only way they will do it.. is if it has to do with your religious beliefs.. im still not happy with it..

Why should we pay to give your sons cosmetic surgery? The NHS is right to save our money. If God had meant us to be that way, we wouldn't be born needing an operation.

brandy
14-Dec-06, 14:41
but its not cosmetic surgery,
it reduces the risk of infection.. and its a lot more sanitary

Through
14-Dec-06, 16:48
We'll disagree on that one Brandy. It is body modification and that is a thing that should be decided upon by the person who's body it is, when they are old enough to take an informed decision.

WeeBurd
14-Dec-06, 16:58
but its not cosmetic surgery,
it reduces the risk of infection.. and its a lot more sanitary

Brandy, I think several of our male Orgers may be offended at being branded unsanitary [lol] ;) !

stratman
14-Dec-06, 22:25
Your humour scorrie is a cut above the rest!

danc1ngwitch
15-Dec-06, 15:04
oh nooo lol good one and well spotted [lol]

crystal
15-Dec-06, 15:39
teehee lol good 1 :lol: :lol: stil llaghin after about 10 minuts of reading lol

Metalattakk
15-Dec-06, 16:46
Tee-hee! He's got a name that sounds funny! I know, let's all laugh at it!

Honestly people...get a grip. :roll:

scorrie
15-Dec-06, 17:34
Tee-hee! He's got a name that sounds funny! I know, let's all laugh at it!

Honestly people...get a grip. :roll:

What should we be laughing at then?

It will be a sad day when we have to apply to the Laughter Control Board to see if we have their permission to have a titter.

Metalattakk
15-Dec-06, 17:38
Is it not about time we dragged ourselves out of the playground?

By all means, childishly titter away all you want, but don't start complaining when others ridicule you for being childish.

scorrie
15-Dec-06, 19:44
Is it not about time we dragged ourselves out of the playground?

By all means, childishly titter away all you want, but don't start complaining when others ridicule you for being childish.

And how grown up is it to set out to ridicule people?

Let people laugh at whatever they want to, there are far more important things in the world to worry about. I would suggest that you are in a very small minority who would not have had at least a smile at the irony of the guy's name. I dare say many of them would also see themselves as "above" laughing, based on their maturity.

I repeat the question about what we should be laughing at?

If you remove all the topics that are "childish" and/or politically incorrect then what are we left with?

Have you heard the one about the three heterosexual agnostics of unknown skin colour and nationality? Well, they were driving along in their hydrogen-powered car, observing the appropriate speed limit when they had to brake carefully to help this chronologically enriched lady.....

Whitewater
15-Dec-06, 20:54
Nice one Scorrie. Gave me a laugh.

newlabeluk
15-Dec-06, 22:30
i don't care if some PC person find it childish, it was really funny.

Metalattakk
16-Dec-06, 13:14
Oh come on, Scorrie: at least give us the punchline!

And if your definition of humour involves sniggering at someone's name, then sorry, but you need to grow up a bit. We stopped doing that in primary school, did we not? :D

scorrie
16-Dec-06, 22:24
Oh come on, Scorrie: at least give us the punchline!

And if your definition of humour involves sniggering at someone's name, then sorry, but you need to grow up a bit. We stopped doing that in primary school, did we not? :D

Please answer the question instead of repeating your mantra endlessly. What is fit for laughing at?

By the way, I find the name Metalattakk and the phrase "It makes my blood burn with metal energy" to be pretty childish in concept. However, I have the maturity not to criticise people for whatever childish dreams get them through the day or night.

My sense of humour is right up there with the best of them. I can do intellectual, slapstick, toilet, black, sick or whatever. It's either funny or not to my personal whim. Ain't no PCs, of any sort, telling me when its appropriate or not.

Now away and dinna be telling me to grow up. If you had half my wisdom you would be a gifted individual.

the charlatans
16-Dec-06, 22:34
I have to say, i'm with Scorrie on this one, it may be childish but hey we all get laughed at some times and i'm big and ugly enough not let it bother me.

Did anyone see BBC News 24 today reporting on the Birmingham Sea Life Centres power cut? they've had a power cut for quite a while which is leading to the temperature dropping in some of their tropical tanks and could lead to loss of life. this part was sad ,indeed as i pictured the poor fish and turtles putting on their winter coats, until the spokesperson came on who was called................ Mr Ian Crabbe.

anyone else got one?

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 22:39
Buster Hyman

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 22:56
Buster Hyman

Belter Coolio[lol]
Metalikka go & get a sense of humour for goodness sake , how dull are you?

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 22:58
Please answer the question instead of repeating your mantra endlessly. What is fit for laughing at?

By the way, I find the name Metalattakk and the phrase "It makes my blood burn with metal energy" to be pretty childish in concept. However, I have the maturity not to criticise people for whatever childish dreams get them through the day or night.

My sense of humour is right up there with the best of them. I can do intellectual, slapstick, toilet, black, sick or whatever. It's either funny or not to my personal whim. Ain't no PCs, of any sort, telling me when its appropriate or not.

Now away and dinna be telling me to grow up. If you had half my wisdom you would be a gifted individual.

ROTFLMFATB- superb Scorrie at yer very best there man[lol] [lol]

Metalattakk
17-Dec-06, 01:08

If I had half your wisdom, you'd only be half as wise as you are now (and only a tenth of what you think you are). ;)

As for your sense of humour being "right up there with the best of them"?

Now you're making me laugh! :D

JAWS
17-Dec-06, 01:59
Scorrie, I had a good giggle too. Such links between some names and certain occupations have always been found to be amusing and always will be.

The amusement is between the particular association and is in no way directed solely towards the name or the person concerned.