PDA

View Full Version : Liath Fail

Through
13-Dec-06, 23:56
So they're arguing about whether to put the stone in Scone.

Chuck that lump of rubble back over the border. When you look at that thing, do think it would make anyone want to sit on it never mind crown a monarch on it? That's just bonkers. Anyone that reads the history books can see it doesn't fit the description of the real Stone of Destiny.

Rheghead
14-Dec-06, 00:07
I thought it was recorded in history to be a black block of basalt from the middle east? Instead isn't it a block of sandstone from the Scone area?

I'm getting the impression that the real Stone of Destiny isn't a stone at all but something else. The nature of which that has lost its meaning over time but which translated as a stone for Edward I.

I wonder why James VI didn't act over the stone's destiny (sorry for pun). He wasn't crowned on it at all even as King of England. That is a mystery, perhaps he knew that it is a block of rubbish?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Dec-06, 00:10
So they're arguing about whether to put the stone in Scone.

Chuck that lump of rubble back over the border. When you look at that thing, do think it would make anyone want to sit on it never mind crown a monarch on it? That's just bonkers. Anyone that reads the history books can see it doesn't fit the description of the real Stone of Destiny.

Stones in Scones.Wid that no break yer teeth,I prefer raisins.

Here theres nae more Kings or Queens(royalty) of Scotland anyway so chuck it back,but at least get a few hunner pound for it.

Through
14-Dec-06, 12:33
Here theres nae more Kings or Queens(royalty) of Scotland anyway so chuck it back,but at least get a few hunner pound for it.

There never was a King of Scotland or a Queen of Scotland. We had King of Scots or Queen of Scots. Monarch of the people, not owner of the land.

It's not impossible that our throne would be restored. Crown the premier peer, that's what I say.