PDA

View Full Version : Boat trips in Cithness

muffin
25-Oct-12, 15:04
Can anyone tell me if there are any boat trips available next week please, the boat from Wick is stopping trips on Saturday and I was really hoping to give some visitors arriving on Sunday a new experience.

slinky
25-Oct-12, 16:51
contact harpers in thurso

Even Chance
26-Oct-12, 08:29
Theres a brand new tour RIB in Groats now. It looks like a nice boat too.

YummyMummy
26-Oct-12, 08:47
Yes, the Rib in Groats is fab and I am informed that it will run as long as there is a demand and the weather is good enough. It goes up and around the Stacks and then around Stroma.
It is owned and managed by Natural Retreats.

muffin
26-Oct-12, 15:18
Many thanks for the information, any idea how to contact Natural Retreats, I've done a google search but it only comes up with holidays.

YummyMummy
26-Oct-12, 22:19
Contact Alex Blackman. He currently has an advert in the Jobs Section under "Natural Retreats". I think his details are listed on the ad.

secrets in symmetry
27-Oct-12, 00:04
Theres a brand new tour RIB in Groats now. It looks like a nice boat too.Does it have more than one engine?

Even Chance
29-Oct-12, 09:18
Yep, twin outboards. I was in Groats yesterday, and it was out of the water as weel tho. Dunno if they just launch it as required for a trip?

muffin
01-Nov-12, 16:32
I contacted Alex and he put the boat back in the water especially for our trip, what a hero.
My visitors thought the trip was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

Even Chance
02-Nov-12, 09:24
Really glad you and your visitors enjoyed yourselves.
You have to try the one from Wick as well when they get the boat back into the water. Its amazing. Its a different experience to Groats because the coastlines are totally different.