PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Box for the elderly this Christmas !

rich62_uk
20-Oct-12, 16:08
From Kitty Campbell

Hi all welcome to the Caithness Shoe box Appeal 2012, as last year was a huge success in the short space of time i set up the Caithness shoe box last year in the 2-3 weeks (121 shoe boxes) were wrapped and deliverd to the auld fokies of Caithness as i watched there face's as they recieved there boxes it made Caithness Shoe Box Appeal worth while , please Caithness lets achieve more boxes this year with everyones help we can do it. Go Caithness!!!

To make things wee bit easier this year we are deligating volunteers who live in areas

rich62_uk
20-Oct-12, 16:11
If you could wrap the box in Christmas paper and or dontate some goodies as well it will make someone smile :) please if you can help then do.

Mrs Bucket
20-Oct-12, 16:43
who decides who qualifys

rich62_uk
20-Oct-12, 17:13
People in general choose. People like me or you recommend an elderly person you know would benefit from a gift of food or a present like gloves or scarf !

rich62_uk
20-Oct-12, 18:30
If you are interested then you can join the facebook page by searching Caithness Shoe Box Appeal 2012 .....

rich62_uk
21-Oct-12, 18:10
Why not have a look around your kitchen and see if you have any tins of food you have bought but have never used ! Or pop a bar of chocolate in your weekly shop ! PM me if you want to donate and I will give you the address of the nearest drop in place to you.... There are drop off points in Castletown, Wick, Thurso and Reay and surrounding areas :)

Mrs Bucket
21-Oct-12, 20:47
Thank you for the info.

rich62_uk
22-Oct-12, 18:23
If you cant manage for whatever reason to take the food or shoe box to a drop off point PM me your address and I will arrange for someone to collect it from you ! All you have to do is raid the cupboard for a few tins and pm me !

There is some local elderly person who YOU can make smile this Christmas .... :)

rich62_uk
23-Oct-12, 10:35
For every donation you make you can name a person to receive a gift ! Its that simple ! We will wrap it up making it look like a fantastic present and you would of made someone smile this year. Please donate today ! :)

rich62_uk
26-Oct-12, 10:45
Come on Caithness ! Remember an elderly neighbour this year ! It couldnt be easier all you have to do is pm your address and I will arrange for someone to collect a shoe box and or some goodies (tins of food gloves scarf hat biscuits magazines etc) from your house if you for whatever reason are unable to get to a drop off point ! :) xx