PDA

View Full Version : Travel lodge

highlander
13-Dec-06, 01:15
Can anyone tell me what they are like, i have to go back to aberdeen hospital in jan, and usually stay at Premier Inns, Travel Lodge has a special offer £15 night, are they like Premier Inns and have a restraunt beside it for breakfasts and lunches?

Metalattakk
13-Dec-06, 02:12
The one in Aberdeen Central has a bar/cafe that serves breakfasts and meals.

Check here - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/1/AberdeenCentral

Don't know if that's the one you're planning, but that website will have more details on the other hotels they have in Aberdeen (or elsewhere).

I've stayed at the one in Inverness, out by the retail park, and it was OK. Clean and tidy, but sparse and not very homely, if you know what I mean. ;)

For a one-night stay it was adequate, I suppose.

Loafer
13-Dec-06, 10:11
Can anyone tell me what they are like, i have to go back to aberdeen hospital in jan, and usually stay at Premier Inns, Travel Lodge has a special offer £15 night, are they like Premier Inns and have a restraunt beside it for breakfasts and lunches?

Hi H

The good lady and myself have made a decision that we are going to stay at Premier Travel Inn's from now on as they give guarentee of a good nights sleep or your money back. The places are spotless and we have never had any complaints. We stayed in a hotel in Aberdeen recently, it wasn't cheap and was a dump. There was a PTI 500 yards away which we weren't aware of. We now have a bookie from them that tells us where they all are.

Hope this helps and hope you get on ok at the hospital. My dad was there a few years ago (you will probably know that). You are in the best of care there.
The Loafer

calish6
13-Dec-06, 10:31

Premier Inns, Travel Inns (they are now premier travel inns) and Travel lodges
are all roughly the same type of setup anywhere you go.
I have stayed in countless ones over the years all over the country and tend to find that the Scottish ones are much cleaner with more helpful staff.
The majority of them have a Bar/Restaurant next to them but these can be quite expensive - around £10 per person for a full breakfast and about £5 for a Continental. (I tend to find a Tesco or Asda nearby for brekkie).
A bit like motorway service stations, the prices are rather inflated.

As for being a bed for the night, they are perfect and the prices for the rooms can be very good also as you have discovered.

footie chick
13-Dec-06, 11:29
I've stayed at Travelodge and never had a problem but they got alot of bad press recently on Watchdog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/holidays_and_travel/holiday_20061024.shtml

johno
13-Dec-06, 11:57
Hi highlander, we have been in most travel inns throughout Scotland and although they are pretty basic they are ok. Never found a really bad one yet.
at 10£ or 15£ you are talking super savers where you have to book in ad vance. I reckon that they are a pretty good deal for that price. as for eating they are never that far away from eatery,s so you can pick your choice where to go for that.

:)

jamieS
13-Dec-06, 12:15
I think the problem with a lot of the travelodges is that the buildings and rooms are now getting old and need refitted. I stayed in a travelodge outside Gatwick airport recently which did have a bar and resturant in it, the food was good and staff were polite. The reception area and bar were all refitted and upto date, however when we went through the doors it was something else, looked like we had been transported back to the early 80's and had not seen a tin of paint since then. The lift was made of ply wood and would only hold about 2 people, you would certainly struggle to get some wheelchairs in it.

Personally I prefer the Premier Travel Inns, I have yet to find a bad one. Mind you I have a charge card for the premier travel inn's which is very handy and they just take of by Direct debit each month.

zappster
13-Dec-06, 12:47
The Aberdeen City Centre travel lodge was the noisiest one I have ever stayed in (we were overlooking Union street) & I have vowed never to stay in that one again.Never had any bother elsewhere with travel lodge/inns!