PDA

View Full Version : New NHS Dentist

Orger
13-Dec-06, 00:59
I have heard recently there is a new NHS Dentist out bye Lochshell, have i got the right place..?

Anyway when i heard about it it was delighted that they have managed to get something together, it was in great need for a new NHS Dentist to open.. But i hear that theres a quite a long waiting list.

Is it all polish that work there...?

Anybody been...? Any good..?

kwbrown111
13-Dec-06, 01:05
if you were on a local dentist list(that is no longer here) you should be getting a letter shortly

Fran
13-Dec-06, 01:22
One of the hospital dentists is in charge. There was an article and picture about it in last weeks John O'Groat Journal. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_9_6v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

Naefearjustbeer
13-Dec-06, 01:28
I think I will be in need of a dentist I passed out in the shower fell forward and broke a tooth on the tap when I hit the deck. I now have a swollen face and a broken tooth. I think I scared the wife a bit this evening when she heard the clatter. DOH!

Orger
13-Dec-06, 17:34
I think I will be in need of a dentist I passed out in the shower fell forward and broke a tooth on the tap when I hit the deck. I now have a swollen face and a broken tooth. I think I scared the wife a bit this evening when she heard the clatter. DOH!

Ooooo ouch, that sounds kinda soar..!! I guess you never used the none slip mat....
I would say its better to get it checked out before it gets too soar..

Orger
13-Dec-06, 17:36
One of the hospital dentists is in charge. There was an article and picture about it in last weeks John O'Groat Journal. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_9_6v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

Did it say anything about a long waiting list..?

Bill Fernie
13-Dec-06, 18:43
The new dental clinic that opned at Lochshell near Wick had already sent out 300 appointments in the run up to opening day. You had to already be listed don the waiting list run by NHS Highland.

The plan is to workup to dealing with about 1800 people in the next year or or more. Over 6000 people are not registered with any dentist in the far north. So you can see there is still a large gap.

You cannot get an appointment at the new centre. You still need to phone the dental helpline to get on the list. At peresent that will not be quick unless you registered some time ago.

The number you need for Dental Helpline Highland is
08456 442271
Open 9.00 - 4.00 Mon - Fri

There is one Polish dentist working at the centre - one of number recruited to Scotland under a programme of recruitment in other places by the Scottish Executive. The new facility at Wick will offer a hiugh standard of services as it is staffed with experience d dentists and post graduate students who are pursuing further qualifications in dentistry and under the new set upo can do so in Wick without having to leave to gain the higher qualifications and thereby improve their earnings and offer a better service to the north generally.

Scotland still has an acute shortage of dentists so the problem is still going to be with us for quite some time. The new facilities at Wick and Inverness oepned on 27 November by NHS Highland are part of the Scottish Executive's strategy working with local Health Boards to try to improve the situation.

LENSMAN
13-Dec-06, 19:18

And you weren't very pretty to start with!!!!!!!!!!!!
What were you doing in the shower to make you pass out?

Naefearjustbeer
13-Dec-06, 21:28
And you weren't very pretty to start with!!!!!!!!!!!!
What were you doing in the shower to make you pass out?

I couldn't possibly say :lol: Tooth is fixed now dentist did a great job of patching it up. Tap has been straightened. Actually all I remember is lying in a heap in the bath with bits of my tooth in my hand. As for being pretty well that is the cross I have to bear being born that way. Whats your excuse???