PDA

View Full Version : Concerning recent events

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 00:10
I returned late Sunday evening to a bunch of mail concerning events on this forum. I read all the mail before going near the forum. I found the whole business shocking, yet, prior to me going away, I felt I was being singled out though I didn't understand the methods being used.

Adversity which rears its ugly head on this forum with monotonous regularity is a problem which the Hierarchy are co-owners with members. Cool heads, understanding and a desire to help and share are but a few of the items I'd list as prerequisites for this forum to exist in harmony. Attitudes of late from one quarter demean themselves and show contempt for members.

I'm criticised for 120 posts in a day (- or 5 per hour?). My PC and internet are my lifeline and give me my only real alternative to what all the family folk, all the pub goers etc have - company, freedom of movement and of choice. I'm about to become a wheelchair dweller - yes, you all know what one of them is. Like to change with me?

I have not been part of the flaming aggressive element but probably there are amongst you some who were bored with seeing my posts. Well, I'm also tired of seeing posts by those who have been quietly very critical of matters relating to Admin and Mods, yet are now throwing out compliments to members of the hierarchy as though they never put a foot wrong. Memories can be so convenient. When I opened the Coffee Shop, there were more
supporters than critics. It was entertainment, just as the Pub has been.
The Literature Board has proved its worth to even some who never saw themselves as writers.

Much is talked about with regard to 'how others view the forum'. In other words, members need to be proud of the way the forum operates - for the benefit of the world at large. Yet, are members really proud of things enough to use as an example to their children/families/friends? If so, all well and good, and that would also mean there's nothing wrong here in this forum. If you believe that, I can sell you a bridge.
There are also some on here who care nothing for others feelings - they expressed little or no concern for the feelings of the victim but would have been amongst the first to cry if they had been a victim instead. I won't quote - everyone has had ample chance to read all the posts, line by line, word by word.

I seriously believe the forum should have been closed down perhaps for 24/48 hours with a strong message to all concerned - "Go away and figure out the priorities needed to be able to keep this forum moving sweetly and harmoniously. Return when you have thoroughly thought things over and are ready to input something meaningful and valuable to others, not just to oneself."
I publicly acknowledge the Apology I received from Colin Manson, the statement from Jeid but I am very disappointed that Dr Szin could only refer to "the member concerned" in his apology - whether it was directed towards me or someone else.

I also wish to publicly acknowledge all those who publicly and/or privately supported me.

Thank you to them.

Kingetter / James

Gleber2
13-Dec-06, 00:16
Amen, old but new friend. I am truly sorry you had to go through all this and it says much for your Christian charity that you are not screaming at the perpetrators of the wrong deeds and those of us who exposed it for the forum and the world to see. I hope you see why it all had to go public and if I have hurt or offended you by exposing it then I offer you my heart felt apologies.

Boozeburglar
13-Dec-06, 00:16
Big up to the man.

Orger
13-Dec-06, 00:17
I'm criticised for 120 posts in a day (- or 5 per hour?). My PC and internet are my lifeline and give me my only real alternative to what all the family folk, all the pub goers etc have - company, freedom of movement and of choice. I'm about to become a wheelchair dweller - yes, you all know what one of them is. Like to change with me?

Kingetter / James

Criticised for 120 posts in a day..... you should of been praised for being such a great org poster. Its good to have people like you, you make it all more exciting and enjoyable..!!

Kaishowing
13-Dec-06, 00:17
With luck and patience, perhaps some good will be the eventual result of this episode.
Look forward to seeing you posting again.

calish6
13-Dec-06, 00:18
Good to hear from you, well thought out response.
Hope the future's bright for all.

peedie
13-Dec-06, 00:20
this is possibly not the place to say it but you've not posted anywhere else yet

welcome back :D

Tiger Jones
13-Dec-06, 00:25
Bravissimo, sir.

Coolio
13-Dec-06, 00:26
What a fantastic post and for some, I would think, very humbling.
Welcome back kingetter, laing may yur lum reek.:)

connieb19
13-Dec-06, 00:31
Kingetter, what a great post. You're a gentlman and if only there were a few more like you this would be a better place. :)

ice box
13-Dec-06, 00:35
Welcome back kingetter .

Naefearjustbeer
13-Dec-06, 00:38
Welcome back. :D

Arikara
13-Dec-06, 00:41
Kingetter all I can say is.................there for the grace of god go I. Sorry If I hurt or offended you in anyway. My feelings are we were all suffering from "Miserable Users Syndrome" whether brought about by the plugin or by phsycological means. We were all affected by it. My apologies to you as I was the one who copied the threads of the mods forum, but now at least both you and I and lots of others know why we were feeling the way we were. http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon3.gif

Elenna
13-Dec-06, 00:50
Welcome back Kingetter, and thank you for your wonderful post.

Wish
13-Dec-06, 00:55
I don't really know whats been happening, but I just wanted to offer you my support Kin, I enjoy reading your posts and am very glad to see you back on the forum:cool:

Big Jean
13-Dec-06, 01:30
Excellent post Kingetter, well thought out ! It is good to see you back and keep posting !!!

Kenn
13-Dec-06, 01:50
Thank you for such a well measured post, I have often enjoyed your postings on The Literature Forem..I just wish that faced with such adversity other members of this site could be as generous.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:32
Amen, old but new friend. I am truly sorry you had to go through all this and it says much for your Christian charity that you are not screaming at the perpetrators of the wrong deeds and those of us who exposed it for the forum and the world to see. I hope you see why it all had to go public and if I have hurt or offended you by exposing it then I offer you my heart felt apologies.

I'm replying individually as I believe that is the courteous manner and a measure more courtesy on here would not go amiss.
I have to consider that had I not been forewarned in some way of what had been going on during my absence, I might have had a very different attitude and response. I'm therefore most grateful for "the warning".
James.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:35
Boozeburglar, thanks for your contribution.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:40
Criticised for 120 posts in a day..... you should of been praised for being such a great org poster. Its good to have people like you, you make it all more exciting and enjoyable..!!

Orger, it may be that others see things differently. I feel I'm giving not just taking but its debatable whether others see it that way. Thanks.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:43
With luck and patience, perhaps some good will be the eventual result of this episode.
Look forward to seeing you posting again.

Thanks Kaishowing - I hope there will be a happy outcome to accompany the ensuing Festive Season.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:46
Good to hear from you, well thought out response.
Hope the future's bright for all.

calish, thanks. We all need a bright future and perhaps, there will be one following this.

JAWS
13-Dec-06, 03:48
Kingetter, I, as one of the Moderators, have no hesitation in offering you my own full and complete apologies for what happened and will make no personal excuses concerning it.

I admire the careful and measured thought which you must have given to your post and also the self control you have displayed, not only in the way it is worded, but in the sentiments it portrays.

I must confess that, in your position, my teeth would have been definitely clenched, steam would coming out of my ears and I would probably have been breathing fire for good measure.

I think that if we all look carefully at the manner in which you have reacted then there is a great deal for many of us to learn about behaving with dignity.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:50
Thanks, and Since your message, I have posted elsewhere.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:54
Bravissimo, sir.

Your comment I very much appreciate and value, so thanks very much Tiger Jones.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 03:57
What a fantastic post and for some, I would think, very humbling.
Welcome back kingetter, laing may yur lum reek.:)

Coolio, it was not an easy task, and no member should be subjected to such shabby treatment. Thanks.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:00
Connieb19, I'm most grateful to you for your support. Thanks very much, it has really helped.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:03
Thanks very much Icebox - am glad your welcome isn't cool! Thanks.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:05
Cheers NFJB - you'll be needing a pint I expect. Thanks.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:12
Kingetter all I can say is.................there for the grace of god go I. Sorry If I hurt or offended you in anyway. My feelings are we were all suffering from "Miserable Users Syndrome" whether brought about by the plugin or by phsycological means. We were all affected by it. My apologies to you as I was the one who copied the threads of the mods forum, but now at least both you and I and lots of others know why we were feeling the way we were. http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon3.gif

Things happen in Life and often, especially at the time, we do not understand why. Later on, if we are fortunate, reasons may become evident - we hope so. I have great admiration for your post that I'm replying to - it can not have been easy for you, but you did the right thing as far as I can tell and I at least appreciate your efforts. Maybe this or something as big was necessary - for the good of this forum. Let us then hope it was not all in vain. I salute your integrity for coming forward as you have done - perhaps others may learn from your actions.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:16
Welcome back Kingetter, and thank you for your wonderful post.

Elenna, thanks. I've blown my nose a few times this last couple of days but gradually the scent of 'dirty tricks' is leaving.
Thanks again.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:18
Thanks Wish - hope you are all settled in and that things will become enjoyable here again.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:20
I'm replying to this through PM. Thanks for your response and explanation.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:23
Many thanks Big Jean. It is good to feel support is around. Thanks.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:26
Thank you for such a well measured post, I have often enjoyed your postings on The Literature Forem..I just wish that faced with such adversity other members of this site could be as generous.

Thanks Lizz. I don't know about generosity, maybe more a question of not wishing to drop my own personal standards to such a low level?
Cheers.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 04:33
Kingetter, I, as one of the Moderators, have no hesitation in offering you my own full and complete apologies for what happened and will make no personal excuses concerning it.

I admire the careful and measured thought which you must have given to your post and also the self control you have displayed, not only in the way it is worded, but in the sentiments it portrays.

I must confess that, in your position, my teeth would have been definitely clenched, steam would coming out of my ears and I would probably have been breathing fire for good measure.

I think that if we all look carefully at the manner in which you have reacted then there is a great deal for many of us to learn about behaving with dignity.

Jaws, thank you. Yes, I have given a great deal of thought to current matters, to whether to pull up my anchor and sail away, or to do the thing I'm now doing - responding in a courteous manner. Unlike some, I'm not in any rush to cut my nose off to spite my face.
If it took something as 'heavy' as this to get some harmony and balance into this forum, then it may have been worth it.
Thanks.

Sporran
13-Dec-06, 05:47
Great post, Kingetter - you're a prince among men! :cool: And while I'm at it, a warm welcome back too!

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 06:00
Sporran, you are most kind. I appreciate your comments very much. Thanks.

lin
13-Dec-06, 07:45
Great post Kingetter. Nice to have you back:lol:

Mamabear
13-Dec-06, 09:28
Well thought out post Kingetter, I feel embarrased by the disgusting behaviour of the Mods/Admin in their shabby treatment of you.
120 posts is no crime , if only some others could contribute as much to the general forum as you have .

I would just like to add , welcome back my friend ,have a merry xmas

webmannie
13-Dec-06, 10:09
Kingetter,

What a post, you are a shining example of the good things about this forum. I am not ashamed to say that you brought a lump to my throat. You are truly a 'gentleman' and i am a 'scholar'. I have learnt a little something more about the WWW ........the old adage 'count to 10' is just as relevant to posting a reply on forums.

I wish many others would not be so quick in posting replies to contentious posts, go away make a coffee and think of the 'great .org debacle' and how things can quickly escalate and then respond. It may be enough time to 'take the sharp edge' off your post

yours aye

Webmannie

crashbandicoot1979
13-Dec-06, 10:32
Great post Kingetter, its good to see you back. The way that you have reacted is a lesson to all of us, I am sure that there are very few people who would have dealt with it in such a dignified manner (me included).

Welcome back :)

porshiepoo
13-Dec-06, 10:35
Welcome back Kingetter!
I don't know what else to say really that hasn't been said already so just welcome back. :)

quality
13-Dec-06, 10:37
Great post Kingetter, you a perfect gentleman welcome back.

Piglet
13-Dec-06, 10:39
Welcome back Kingetter it's good to see you.

squidge
13-Dec-06, 10:58
Welcome back kingetter and im sorry that you were at the centre of this unpleasant situation.

Lets hope we can get some festive fun going on - Arikara - where's that port girl?

Lets have a toast......

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 11:16
Welcome back kingetter and im sorry that you were at the centre of this unpleasant situation.

Lets hope we can get some festive fun going on - Arikara - where's that port girl?

Lets have a toast......

Thank you squidge. However, a question remains unanswered - who laughed and agreed with 'the plan'? There will be others, not just me who will ask and members need reassurance that 'the dirty tricks brigade' will not be used ever again.

cuddlepop
13-Dec-06, 13:31
You were missed...
I firmly beleve thigs happen for a reason and this bust up on the forum has expossed the underhandness of some people that the rest of us have long since suspected.:(
Your kinda special Kingetter,dont go away for so long next time.Or at least pm me.:D

Arikara
13-Dec-06, 14:51

Lets have a toast......

Still havent made it to the shops yet squidge! :)

cuddlepop
13-Dec-06, 14:57
The port's buy one get one free in our Somerfields over here.
Maybe someone should open the bar again,wonder if I buy the port we can share it telekenetically:lol: Arikara.
Need to wait till there's a break in the rain,then again ....;)

Arikara
13-Dec-06, 15:07
The port's buy one get one free in our Somerfields over here.
Maybe someone should open the bar again,wonder if I buy the port we can share it telekenetically Arikara.
Need to wait till there's a break in the rain,then again ....;)

That sounds like a really good idea cuddlepop! ;)

Moira
13-Dec-06, 17:51
Kingetter
I, too, am sorry that you have been upset by all of this, the background of which is now widely known.

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 18:18
Kingetter
I, too, am sorry that you have been upset by all of this, the background of which is now widely known.

Moira, thanks. Yes, I have been very much upset by this business, but it would have been very negative of me just to shuffle off into obscurity and wallow in self-pity. While I can never accept the necessity of such actions, I hope that as it has happened, it will be a major contribution to the happy future of this forum, or it will have been for nothing. The downside for me is that some on here I had trusted I will never trust again.
Your comment is appreciated.
James.

paris
13-Dec-06, 18:28
Hi there James, good to see a friend back where he belongs. Jan xx