PDA

View Full Version : Car Washing In Thurso

*Tigger
18-Oct-12, 03:15
Hey, I'm a 13 year old girl trying to make a little extra money and I noticed people don't like people my age walking their dog without insurance so I decided to start a little car washing business. I haven't PROPERLY started but i was wondering before I go out to buy all the equipment who would be interested? :) If I was to do this the prices would be this

£10 per car
+£3 for wax (if wanted

*NOTE;I HAVEN'T PROPERLY STARTED IM JUST ASKING WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED!*

Koi
18-Oct-12, 15:07
I normally wash my own car alongside my partners and his fathers. Some weeks i just don't have the time and in these weeks I'd be interested.

I'm guessing it would be buckets and a sponge you'd be using? In my experience using buckets alone often leads to half a job whereas a hose makes a complete job. You may need to re-evaluate your prices per car.
Would you do a multiple car discount? Also would that be just the outside of a car? Would this price include (as long as hoover is provided by owner of said car) cleaning the inside of the car too?

I applaud you for wanting to work for your money. Not many teenagers would be wiling do the same. You've got a good work ethic and its good you are wanting to work for your money.

I wouldn't need it all the time but defintly every so often on weeks that i don't have the time to do it myself. Please let me know when you are up and running.

*Tigger
18-Oct-12, 16:58
Thanks for the feedback.

I proberly would use a hose :) If I was to do this, I am buying all the equipment myself (Like the Car Wax and Tyre Shine) I Would do the inside of a car as long as a hoover was provided by the owner of the car.

As for the multi car discount, I didn't think of that :o so I am completely unsure of that, as I havn't thought of a price,

I will most like go forward with my idea but I will have a separate thread all together once I get all the equipment, :)

rich62_uk
18-Oct-12, 18:37
Good on you ! :) Love to see youngsters with initiative !

changilass
18-Oct-12, 18:41
Have you thought about the cost of insurance? If you accidentally scratch or damage someone's car you need to be covered.

Good luck with your venture.

Alrock
18-Oct-12, 20:26
Have you thought about the cost of insurance? If you accidentally scratch or damage someone's car you need to be covered.

Good luck with your venture.

Or a disclaimer that you are not responsible for any accidental damage caused....