PDA

View Full Version : Watch dog alert spare tyre

alistair harper
17-Oct-12, 20:28
just watched watch dog on bbc and they are warning motorists to check when they buy a new car to check that you get a spare tyre as some makers are not supplying a spare tyre anymore. thought this would be of interest to all car owners.

ducati
17-Oct-12, 21:41
What's your beef Harper? Got some kind of rubber fetish? :lol:

mi16
17-Oct-12, 21:46
Hardly groundbreaking news there, this has been the case for several years.You do realise that seatbelts are a legal requirement now don't you?

Kevin Milkins
17-Oct-12, 22:29
I wasn't aware that new cars were supplied without a spare tyre until I saw it on watch dog, so if I was considering buying an up to date vehicle I wouldn't have thought to check if it comes with a spare, but I will now.

Kodiak
17-Oct-12, 22:59
My car is 2 years old and it does not have a spare wheel. I knew all about this before I bought it as it was pointed out to me by the salesteam. It does not worry me at all as if I ever get a flat I will just call out RAC. Even if I had a spare tyre I would need to cal out the RAC so not having a Spare is not a real problem.

billmoseley
18-Oct-12, 10:52
this is not a problem for me as i always carry a spare tyre round my waist :lol: