PDA

View Full Version : webcam communication

Dog-eared
12-Dec-06, 22:49
Anyone know the best way to set up webcam communication ie SKYPE etc ?

Kaishowing
12-Dec-06, 22:55
Connect the camera, load the drivers required. I think the Skype/Paltalk/Yahoo/MSN set-up will do the rest, if you're having problems uninstall the chat programme then reinstall it again. Good luck.:D

WeeBurd
12-Dec-06, 22:59
Dog-eared, I use Yahoo Messenger. My webcam is knackered, so I simply took the eye toy camera from our PS2, searched the net for suitable drivers, and hey presto.

Yahoo is nice and easy, and I think it allows you to communicate with MSN users too now. You can instant message as normal, but if you wish it's a single click of the mouse to get the camera rolling. We used it last year, so GrannyBurd could see WeeBurdie open her gifts on Christmas morning...:D

Dog-eared
12-Dec-06, 23:01
Sorry , what I shouldv'e said is - can anyone recommend a system for web based audio / video communication , along the lines of SKYPE , etc.

Stumurf
12-Dec-06, 23:45
for free there's...

msn messenger, yahoo messenger and gmail messenger all have combined audio and visual capabilities...

as long as your friends can happily set up an online free email account, install the messenger program and keep the account alive by logging into it every 30 days or so.. (at no cost) then these are more than capable and quite reliable.

i think anyone would be mad to pay for any conference type software when these are free and soo easy to use...

there are of course lots of other dedicated software packages, usually priced and usually require the other end user to have the same...

i for one have been video conferencing with friends and family for ages... all for free.. (yay..) well apart from the monthly broadband bill....:lol: