PDA

View Full Version : webcam communication

Dog-eared
12-Dec-06, 22:44
whats the best way to set up communications using a webcam and skype type headset.

Stumurf
12-Dec-06, 23:13
i dont follow your question..

what program are you going to be using to communicate with???

general advice...

the webcam just needs to be installed with the correct drivers..
you then usually select the camera in the options dialogue box inside the program you are using...

sadly i dont know what a skype type head set is... i just use a combined headset and mic and they just get plugged into the correct ports on the sound card in my computer and i just have to check the volume controls are ok.. they dont need installing...

it all really depends on what program/s you intend to use. they usually have an option to test and configure them...

jimbews
13-Dec-06, 11:39
whats the best way to set up communications using a webcam and skype type headset.

If you have a skype phone which does not require a computer, I doubt if it can be integrated with a webcam.

As Stumurf says - if you have a headset for the computer that part should just work.

For the webcam, install on the computer using the CD whcih should have been bundled with it. If the webcam is second hand, go to the manufacturers website knowing the EXACT model. Get the drivers and install them.

After installing Skype go to Tools: Options: Video
Enable video
If there is more than one video input device, select the webcam and test.

Some may even give more than one option with different driver methods.
Just test to see which works, being patient, it may take quite a few seconds for the video to start.

jimbews