PDA

View Full Version : I have strong anti-immigrant views, especially when it comes to non-whites

Boozeburglar
12-Dec-06, 21:56
I have strong anti-immigrant views, especially when it comes to non-whites.

I wonder how we can be tolerant of this kind of expression, and so intolerant of others?

This is blatant racism, and is apparently acceptable here on the .Org?

I have been asked to say something about this by my wife, and I wonder why it is allowed to stand.

_Ju_
12-Dec-06, 21:59
You are right...it is racist. If it were my decision....but its not....

Aside from that many people here appreciate the "courage" to make a contraversial and "honest" statement like this.

Stumurf
12-Dec-06, 22:04
i guess its in the phrasing.. the sentence in itself isnt racist as no direct opinions are cited....

it is just an honest statement about how someone feels.. that in itself isnt racist...

at least that how i read into it....

sjj278
12-Dec-06, 22:11
That is just one persons view, they can think what they like as long as they dont break the law or act with violence on their views. I personally dont agree with this view but i do agree that people should be allowed "free speech" and say what they feel.

Oddquine
12-Dec-06, 22:13
i guess its in the phrasing.. the sentence in itself isnt racist as no direct opinions are cited....

it is just an honest statement about how someone feels.. that in itself isnt racist...

at least that how i read into it....

That's how I read it as well.

Isn't racism only applicable when against specific groups, rather than the generalisation as posted, anyway?

Colin Manson
12-Dec-06, 22:17
It's a good example of why being a moderator isn't easy, some people would be incensed by that kind of comment yet others feel that personal expression must not be suppressed...

If it was just up to me, I'd ban that kind of thing but I'm not very tolerant about that kind of attitude.

Jeemag_USA
12-Dec-06, 22:20
The problem with a remark like this is unless it is said in an offensive way, then it is one person's right to free speech and anothers right to debate the subject with him.

You need to come over her to the states and see what the Constitution does. There was once an occasion here when The Klu Klux Klan were allowed to have their parade on the same day as Black Expo festival, in fact right across the street, and they were allowed to use a local fire station to change into their robes and hoods, I think it was in Atlanta, Georgia.

In the USA you are perfectly within your rights to have a Nazi gathering, a white supremacist rally or a Black Power March, its your constitutional freedom, even though it can be seen in some circumstances as breaking a scottish law "incitement to riot" its perfectly legal and acceptable here.

In Scotland if a football player pretends to play the flute or mimics conducting the crowd in a sectarian song, he can be arrested for incitement to riot and the club can be fined for it. In America you can wear Nazi germany uniforms with swaztika armbands on and march down the main street.

When it comes to public forums, one thing I have always found that threads about race, religion or politics usually end up in trouble because in general most people do not know how to conduct themselves rationally under circumstances that make their blood boil.

I personally abhor any form of racism or religous bigotry, and I think in most cases that a person who revels in it has something lacking in their life and they can apportion blame for that on another color or religion.

All human beings are born equal as far as I am concerned and in the words of Emporer Haille Selassie of Ethiopia, "the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colors of his eyes". Some of my own personal heroes like Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela are most definately not white but have had such a profound effect on so many people in the world, they are proof that it if you are different than white people it can move you so deeply to try and change the world by devoting your life to educating the world in how to love each other.

But, like the guy who wrote that, there are probably some people who don't agree with what I say, but that is their right unfortunately and in more cases than none it is deliberate attention seeking or someone trying to push the limits or stir the pot ;)

Kaishowing
12-Dec-06, 22:23
It IS racist...no matter how it's couched in neutral terminology....The sentiment behind it is very discriminatory.
The fact that he's expressing his personal opinion and not trying to sway anyone else to this point of view is the only thing keeping him out of a jail cell.
As for the thr responsibility of having it in a public forum, I'm not sure but I think that it could be breaking the law to have such a statement open to view.
I think it would be illegal to print a paper with such views in it, and going by a recent court case, online statements are subject to the same laws as any other publication released.

webmannie
12-Dec-06, 22:37
I believe the statement itself isn't breaking any laws, it is just his view. It would be a different story if he asked people to do something about it, that would be incitement

Naefearjustbeer
12-Dec-06, 22:45
I think there is nothing wrong with allowing him to make that statement. However I dont know what his strong views are. I too have strong views about immigrants. I feel they should integrate with our society not form tight knit comunitys where extremist attitudes are rife. Does this make me a racist?
He is also not asking or inciting others to have his view.

Boozeburglar
12-Dec-06, 22:47
It is okay to dress up as Hitler in Britain too, and march down the Mall, if you so choose.

Fascists can march in Britain at will. There is no 'greater' democratic freedom in the USA.

Were they to include incitements to riot or race hate in their marches there in the USA they would get in just the same trouble they would here.

Land Of The Free is a myth, generally speaking.

There is really no such thing anywhere.

The question generally is, does it serve democracy?

It certainly does if the BNP march on Westminster.

They get outnumbered 50-1 by anti Fascist protesters, so democracy is served well by allowing them to march, they become a visible minority.

Long may that continue.

Rheghead
12-Dec-06, 22:50
Does this make me a racist?

No it doesn't. I think it may indicate you are more of a realist.

Stumurf
12-Dec-06, 22:52
does anyone else fear of a completely politcally correct society...

communication is dificult enough... language is so vague and meanings are periodically altered by generations that to then try and make sure everything you say can in no way possibly offend anyone in my opinion is impossible.

and also with writen text, what can be meant as a joke.. (if people are still allowed to laugh at good old fashioned stereotyping without anyone instantly concluding that you are doing so with some kind of malicious intent) can way too easily be misunderstood...

i think whats happening to the definition of racism in the UK is scary... what you can and cant say is being way to controlled. its just makng people more and more uptight and erecting communication barriers...

what ever happened to accepting people differences? and rights to feel how they like?? .. as mentioned above.. to then try and entice others and be directly offensive is whats needs to be addresed...

Rheghead
12-Dec-06, 22:54
they become a visible minority.

Long may that continue.

Sorry but do I detect a change in tone from your original post? I got the feeling that you wanting PT's post to be censored but now you are ok about it so long as it is just a voiced opinion?:confused

percy toboggan
12-Dec-06, 22:56
Perhaps typical of 'Boozeburglar' that he takes the pre-amble to a post entirely out of its context and cherrypicks the bit that upset him, or his wife, or perhaps even both of 'em.

To suggest that I might be flirting with a 'jail cell' for expressing such an opinion is entirely ludicrous. The line chosen does not even denote whether my 'strong opinions' are positive or negative.

I have nothing against black, brown or yellow people and do not feel for one second that they are superior or inferior to whites but there are many cultural traits and nuances which separate races. I prefer to live in an area which reflects the long standing heritage of these islands and it's primary ethnic make up which is white. So I'll be doing my best to stay out of jail. Freedom of speech is the essential difference which just about still makes this a land worth living in. If this upsets Mrs.Boozeburglar or anyone else for that matter then hard cheese.

percy toboggan
12-Dec-06, 23:03
purely as an afterthought is it not strange that a line of text which so offended the Boozeburglars should be chosen to highlight their 'offence' and stand as a thread in its' own right on the hallowed 'org forum? Any number of condemnatory one liners could have drawn attention to the 'outrage' and this smacks of mischief making on a quiet night. Carry on BB it's good for a laugh!

Coolio
12-Dec-06, 23:21
The dilemma britain is facing is a relatively recent development, mostly since WWII. The u.s.a on the other hand, has been dealing with it since before 1776 with the mass importation of blacks and since the early 1900,s with the mass importation of ethnic Europeans, and most recently, with mass immigration of Japanese, Koreans,Vietnamese, Bosnians, Lebanese, Palestinians, and now Iraquis, Iranians, Indians, Nigerians, Afgans,...( everybody and anybody whose life was destroyed in the last war or revolution ). must I go on to mention the millions of Mexicans, El Salvadorans, Cubans, Colombians, Brazillian, Peruvians, Chilieans, crossing borders seeking economic opportunity.And we haven't even touched on the Jews, the Dutch, the Norwegians, the Danes, The Fins...or the Gypsys...

Oddquine
12-Dec-06, 23:48
I'm a member of a number of forums, and following threads on most of them, I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem is not non-white immigration levels......but immigration levels full stop.

I think it is about time we set up limits on immigration, given that this is a darn small island............but we shouldn't base the criteria for immigration on nationality/colour/religion, but on their usefulness to the British economy.

cullbucket
13-Dec-06, 06:56
I'm not getting into this debate, mainly because I dont have time and this is a subject that I posted on a year and a half ago. I remember Landmarker starting off in a similar vein and then eventually ending up out on his ear due to his preoccupation with the subjects of race and immigration. Percy.... you remind me a lot of Landmarker, are you sure your not his reincarnation??? English with a Scottish bent, Lorry driver, BNP apologist, Immigration views decidedly right of centre.....
Then when I checked your posting history I saw you said goodbye to Saveman from Landmarker too.... hmm the intrigue deepens....

fred
13-Dec-06, 10:09
I wonder how we can be tolerant of this kind of expression, and so intolerant of others?

Acceptable? It's compulsory mate.

Kaishowing
13-Dec-06, 10:47
To suggest that I might be flirting with a 'jail cell' for expressing such an opinion is entirely ludicrous. The line chosen does not even denote whether my 'strong opinions' are positive or negative.

Hardly a ludicrous claim when we live within a society where people can be arrested for flying their national flag during a sporting competition, let alone anytime else!
As for the 'strong opinions' not being positive or negative....That doesn't matter. Unless they're 'strongly neutral' it'll be at the detrement to at least one section of the community at large.
In this PC-riddled enviroment, that's all it takes to get banged-up.:eek:

porshiepoo
13-Dec-06, 10:54
Personally I think everyone should have the right to voice their own opinion and the freedom to express it.
Obviously I don't agree with violence at all however I think gagging us is what actually causes the incite to express themselves in unacceptable ways and not the actual opinions or views in the first place.

If freedom of speech actually existed (which lets face it, it doesn't - or at least not without consequences) then people would learn how to behave socially about such things and opinions such as those being questioned here perhaps wouldn't cause so much strife.
I'm not suggesting that people would think it all the less unsavoury but perhaps would be more able to see it for what it is - an opinion.

With reference to the KKK having it's parade at the same time as the Black Expo Festival, did it all go quietly? Or at least with no violence?
If it did, I think that actually says alot - we can all live side by side and still express our own opinions without it actually having to incite violence.

squidge
13-Dec-06, 11:16
I have no problem with anyone expressing that view but they have to accept my right to challenge them about it. What i find is that whenever i try to do this - in a controlled and measured way cos thats what i always try to do I am often charged witht hte accusation that i am politically correct or in some way stupid.

Political correctness is often used as an insult to decry anyone who challenges a "racist" point of view. In fact it should only be applied to ridiculous nonsense such as baa baa woolly sheep instead of baa baa black sheep. A clearly non racist point of view is not a politically correct viewpoiint. Its a deeply held beleif and one i have held since i was a young girl and is actually related to my absolute beleif and commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally. It applies to issues of gender, sexuality, background as well as race.

In fact the last discussion on the subject of immigration on these message boards led to me being hit by a series of very very unpleasant and shocking emails - the like of which i have never ever ever received before in my life. I was hurt and upset and appalled and not a little unsettled.

porshiepoo
13-Dec-06, 11:47
I have no problem with anyone expressing that view but they have to accept my right to challenge them about it. What i find is that whenever i try to do this - in a controlled and measured way cos thats what i always try to do I am often charged witht hte accusation that i am politically correct or in some way stupid.

Political correctness is often used as an insult to decry anyone who challenges a "racist" point of view. In fact it should only be applied to ridiculous nonsense such as baa baa woolly sheep instead of baa baa black sheep. A clearly non racist point of view is not a politically correct viewpoiint. Its a deeply held beleif and one i have held since i was a young girl and is actually related to my absolute beleif and commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally. It applies to issues of gender, sexuality, background as well as race.

In fact the last discussion on the subject of immigration on these message boards led to me being hit by a series of very very unpleasant and shocking emails - the like of which i have never ever ever received before in my life. I was hurt and upset and appalled and not a little unsettled.

Quite right!

I can be accused of being opinionably (not sure if thats a word :confused) one sided in the past. It took me a while to realise that others have an opinion different to mine and that they have as much right to express them. I saw insult in every reply that was posted to mine even when it wasn't there.

If a person is happy and confident with their own opinions and know they are not born from malice or trouble making then I suspect it shouldn't matter to them what others think.

My first opinions on immigration many many threads ago was born out of a bad experience with an abusive maltese migrant, even though i didn't realise it when I was saying it.
When I actually stopped to listen to some of the posts on here, it finally made me wake up to what I was actually saying and deal with whatever issues I had.
Now, I have strong issues with immigration but I can honestly say it has nothing to do with the colour of the skin, the accent or anything else, it is simply my belief that we just do not have proper regulations in place for the influx of immigrants and that eventually we'll suffer for it.

Royster1911
13-Dec-06, 19:26
There is now a very thin line between beina a realist and being racist. Thankfully, we have the tossers who go under the umbrella of the P C Brigade to tell us where the line is, which hapens to move as and when they like.

Gleber2
13-Dec-06, 19:52
This forum should be a place where any opinion can be aired EXCEPT our opinions of other posters. Personal attack and insult leads to retaliation and locked threads. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and should have the right to state it without personal attack by those who disagree.It takes all sorts and we have to increase our tolerance levels of those we consider fools by the measure of their posts only.

rich
13-Dec-06, 20:10
This debate in one form or another is a perpetual feature of the org. Please, people, don't rise to the bait. Leave Percy alone to expire from self -abuse

Stumurf
13-Dec-06, 20:20
Percy Toboggan is a despicable moron. That's just my opinion of course, and others may or may not chose to disagree with me.

can we please refrain from direct insults... its not really helpful to the development of the thread... especially if its forum members...

i have no problems with a joking insult... I.E. the use of smileys to indicate humourous intent... but the above was a lttle too direct for my liking..... and will inevitably lead to "toys being thrown out of the pram" posting.. :lol:

am i being too politically correct? :)

Rheghead
13-Dec-06, 20:27
am i being too politically correct? :)

No you're not, you're just being sensible. We get nowhere by trading insults but everywhere by constructive engagement. I have changed my views on a range of subjects by listening to others on the Org, all for the better I might add. If someone had insulted me from the outset then I would have been boxed into a corner and unchanged.:)

rich
13-Dec-06, 21:07
Percy has a right to free speech. But the forum is under no obligation to allow him to exercise that right on the Caithness.org.
Would a newspaper publish every letter to the editor?
Of course not.
It seems to me that the way is wide open to getting rid of his poisonous drivel.

Stumurf
13-Dec-06, 21:13
Percy has a right to free speech. But the forum is under no obligation to allow him to exercise that right on the Caithness.org.
Of course not.
It seems to me that the way is wide open to getting rid of his poisonous drivel.

i have to ask what his posionous drivel is?

as far as i can see he hasn't expressed any opinions at all.. let alone racist ones that we need to expel... have i missed something? :confused

Oddquine
13-Dec-06, 21:26
It would seem a lot fairer when quoting from another thread to link to the original post for those who have missed it.......so that it can be read in context..............as it stands, it doesn't appear racist.....more prejudiced...which covers a multitude of sins.

George Brims
13-Dec-06, 21:36
OK I'll put it another way. The opinions expressed by Percy Toboggan make me suspect that he is a despicable moron. He has every right to those opinions, and every right to express them. However if he does so then he has to expect others to judge him by the things he says.

Saxo01
13-Dec-06, 21:39
Blimey what unrest in here & not a cronie in sight

rich
13-Dec-06, 21:51
Anyone who doubts where Percy T. is coming from should read his collected postings. A drip, drip, drip of racist poison.
Either we can hope he goes away or we can show him the door.
He has every right to free speech. And the Forum has every right to fling him out.

Gleber2
13-Dec-06, 21:57
Anyone who doubts where Percy T. is coming from should read his collected postings. A drip, drip, drip of racist poison.
He has every right to free speech. And the Forum has every right to fling him out.

But where does it stop?

Oddquine
13-Dec-06, 21:57
Okey dokey..I went and found the in context post myself.............and I can't see a problem with his post...if you bother to c&P all of it.

I have strong anti-immigrant views, especially when it comes to non-whites. However, I cannot see it's of anyone elses concern when people of mixed race decide to marry (preferably) or co-habit. Bigots who would give such couples hassle on the streets should be punished violently. We all see beauty through our own eyes and it is really of no one elses business who we breed with. As the generations continue to develop and mingle maybe we'll all end up coffee coloured. So be it. Although I , personally am preferring a white Britain, it is no longer possible, save for little enclaves. As the Rolling Stones once sang 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' .....maybe a mass mingling is what we need.
Not for me, or hopefully mine but I'm tempted not to care about anyone else, frankly.

The country I once recognised, even loved ,has slipped away into history. It can be re-lived in old black and white movies (no pun). (Night Mail is my favourite!)

The ultimate conclusion of a melting pot society is for a dilution of all races over a millenium and more.

It is possible to take Pc-ness too far..............to me, that reads like reluctance but acceptance.

percy toboggan
13-Dec-06, 22:06

The only drips in here Rich are yourself and George 'he's a despicable moron' Brims. You are both equally wet. That's as much vitriol I can muster in reply to your dual condemnation. You appear to have the bristling sensitivities of those quick to outrage when anyone dares to veer from the approved and favoured norm.

The 'poisonous' drivel you mention represents my opinion. It happens to be shared by several million others whom the thought police have not yet managed to straightjacket. Get used to my opinions because they are not going anywhere in a hurry. Now, if you have anything constructive to offer to one of the miilions reluctant to embrace multi culturalism then get on with it. Otherwise please keep your dripppy protestations to yourself.
I remind everyon that I did not instigate this thread, but was quoted completely out of context at its' inception.

fred
13-Dec-06, 22:43
Of course not.

You can get rid of his poisonous drivel any time you want to, just don't read his messages, don't click on the threads about him, just ignore him, move on to a thread which is more to your tastes and put him right out of your mind.

You don't need a nanny to make him go away for you, you have complete control yourself.

Coolio
14-Dec-06, 00:49

Some people have no problem with anyone expressing their view but they have to accept others rights to challenge them about it. What i find is that whenever someone does this they are often charged with the accusation of being racist or in some way stupid.

Racist is often used as an insult to decry anyone who challenges a politically correct point of view. Its a deeply held belief that some people do not want their country over - run with immigrants.;)

JAWS
14-Dec-06, 02:21
I have nothing against black, brown or yellow people and do not feel for one second that they are superior or inferior to whites but there are many cultural traits and nuances which separate races. I prefer to live in an area which reflects the long standing heritage of these islands and it's primary ethnic make up which is white.The "long standing heritage of these islands" is that they hve always been subject to periods of people from other places coming here and settling.

Sometimes they have been welcomed and sometimes not but most have been allowed to stay despite their massive cultural differences even though they were mostly white. Valhalla is a long way from a Christian Heaven but the Norsemen came and stayed as most in Caithness will be aware.

The Norman French came with their very different cultural traits and remained, as the people of Caithness are or should be well aware.
That is only two examples of the many different cultures which have come here, become part of our cultural heritage which we now do not even notice.

A quick check through the history of these Islands will show that in almost every century there has been one group or another coming here for Cultural or Economic reasons or to escape persecution,

Perhaps we should have stopped all those blond haired, blue eyed outsiders with their strange culture coming here and moving in on us over a thousand years ago!

The only difference now is that those with a different culture are not wanted here because instead of having blond hair and blue eyes they have a different coloured skin and that is simply Racism and there is no other name for it.

I will debate with anybody the subject of race and how we can best solve the real or perceived problems which some thing it causes in Britain.

There is, however, a huge difference between discussions to solve problems and simply adopting the attitude of "Other Races Keep Out! We don't want you here!"

That is Racism and there is no other description of it. Yes, percy toboggan, you may claim that you are entitled to your views, but don't complain bitterly when others point out that those views are Racist and expressing them is to advocate Racism and nothing else.

In the interests of Free Speech I am willing to say that what you express, in my opinion, is Racism and that by expressing them you are displaying the fact that your views are those of a Racist.

cullbucket
14-Dec-06, 03:50
So Percy, can you confirm or deny being the reincarnation of Landmarker? This is all very familiar....

Jeemag_USA
14-Dec-06, 04:24
Okey dokey..I went and found the in context post myself.............and I can't see a problem with his post...if you bother to c&P all of it.

I have strong anti-immigrant views, especially when it comes to non-whites. However, I cannot see it's of anyone elses concern when people of mixed race decide to marry (preferably) or co-habit. Bigots who would give such couples hassle on the streets should be punished violently. We all see beauty through our own eyes and it is really of no one elses business who we breed with. As the generations continue to develop and mingle maybe we'll all end up coffee coloured. So be it. Although I , personally am preferring a white Britain, it is no longer possible, save for little enclaves. As the Rolling Stones once sang 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' .....maybe a mass mingling is what we need.
Not for me, or hopefully mine but I'm tempted not to care about anyone else, frankly.

The country I once recognised, even loved ,has slipped away into history. It can be re-lived in old black and white movies (no pun). (Night Mail is my favourite!)

The ultimate conclusion of a melting pot society is for a dilution of all races over a millenium and more.

It is possible to take Pc-ness too far..............to me, that reads like reluctance but acceptance.

Thanks for posting that, doesn't it make the whole picture much clearer. This is the epitomy of taking out of context, no different to a bad newspaper. When you read the whole thing it has humor and acceptance in it and a little controversy but its nothing to get wound up about and is a good starting point for some sensible and serious discussion. It is both philosphical and to the point. Which would lead me to believe the openeing of this thread is somewhat of a tease to stir some attention for fun.

For those who know me will know I am of a mixed race marriage, I am white and my wife is african american, so I can relate to this passage, I can smirk at it, I can nod at it, I can see beneath, around and over it. Its not all that bad, trust me!

:roll:

squidge
14-Dec-06, 10:37
The issue with some of the posts i see is the assumption that cos life is the way it is in their close, or street or block of flats - it is that way everywhere else. That because they have social problems where they live these are purely to do with"immigrants" and wouldnt exist if there were no immigrants. It is the "all immigrants are scroungers who come over here to take advantage of the social security system" ; "All immigrants are criminals"; "All immigrants are taking our jobs"; "Employers dont have to pay immigrants National Minimum Wages" ; "Immigrants get extra housing points" - These statements are ignorant nonsense and show a lack of understanding of the fundamental policies and social problems of our country. It is not Politically correct to challenge these views - its common sense.

Discussing immigration policy is a long long way from the statements above

rich
14-Dec-06, 15:26
Some people have no problem with anyone expressing their view but they have to accept others rights to challenge them about it. What i find is that whenever someone does this they are often charged with the accusation of being racist or in some way stupid.

Racist is often used as an insult to decry anyone who challenges a politically correct point of view. Its a deeply held belief that some people do not want their country over - run with immigrants.;)

Well there you are! Your own words give the game away. Over-run, indeed! I would say this thread is over-run with former or current members of the British National Party!
And is there any evidence to suggest that Caithness is threatened in any way by a horde of incomers? Why are you on this site at all?

rich
14-Dec-06, 15:35
"The ultimate conclusion of a melting pot society is for a dilution of all races over a millenium and more."

I could call this thread educating Percy, if I thought for a moment that Percy was capable of being educated. What on earth is "dilution of all races."????

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 18:32
So Percy, can you confirm or deny being the reincarnation of Landmarker? This is all very familiar....
I can definitely confirm that I am not the 'reincarnation' of Landmarker, nor his alter-ego Mark Lander. I hope this does not disappoint. Were you a fan?

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 18:38
The issue with some of the posts i see is the assumption that cos life is the way it is in their close, or street or block of flats - it is that way everywhere else. That because they have social problems where they live these are purely to do with"immigrants" and wouldnt exist if there were no immigrants. It is the "all immigrants are scroungers who come over here to take advantage of the social security system" ; "All immigrants are criminals"; "All immigrants are taking our jobs"; "Employers dont have to pay immigrants National Minimum Wages" ; "Immigrants get extra housing points" - These statements are ignorant nonsense and show a lack of understanding of the fundamental policies and social problems of our country. It is not Politically correct to challenge these views - its common sense.

Discussing immigration policy is a long long way from the statements above
I'm not sure what you mean in relation to anything I espouse. Though I live on the edge of an English city there are very few obvious immigrants in my neck of the woods. Go up and down the road a mile or three and it's like the United Nations reception area on a busy neet. I would estimate that my wages would be a little higher if we had no Polish & eastern European HGV drivers at the wheel of British registered lorries. However I'm really quite flushed this is not a consideration which worries me greatly at present.
I usually find your posts informative and well put together but this one lost me a little. Probably my fault.

Kaishowing
14-Dec-06, 18:47
The "long standing heritage of these islands" is that they hve always been etc............................................- In the interests of Free Speech I am willing to say that what you express, in my opinion, is Racism and that by expressing them you are displaying the fact that your views are those of a Racist.

I agree with your entire statement 100%.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 18:49
"The ultimate conclusion of a melting pot society is for a dilution of all races over a millenium and more."

I could call this thread educating Percy, if I thought for a moment that Percy was capable of being educated. What on earth is "dilution of all races."????

Every individual has the capacity to learn Rich. Even you.
Lesson 1: I am probably a tiny part central African . Over the last twelve thousand years (maybe more, maybe less) the pigmentation imbued within to cope with searing temperatures and equatorial sun has slowly leeched out of my body, leaving my epidermal layer a pallid white. The tendency to return to type displayed largely on my face and right forearm in decent summers. The genes introduced by migration have blessed me with specific complaints and ailments endemic in people from damp and dark northern latitudes. Arthritis for one. Uncommon amongst ebony black Africans you'll find

This is a quick summation of 'dilution'. I'm sure you will understand. Your education was probably more comprehensive than mine. Take that any way you want. What you have to accept though Rich is that I am delighted that all those years ago my distant ancestors had the good sense to get on the move.

rich
14-Dec-06, 20:08
Every individual has the capacity to learn Rich. Even you.
Lesson 1: I am probably a tiny part central African . Over the last twelve thousand years (maybe more, maybe less) the pigmentation imbued within to cope with searing temperatures and equatorial sun has slowly leeched out of my body, leaving my epidermal layer a pallid white. The tendency to return to type displayed largely on my face and right forearm in decent summers. The genes introduced by migration have blessed me with specific complaints and ailments endemic in people from damp and dark northern latitudes. Arthritis for one. Uncommon amongst ebony black Africans you'll find

This is a quick summation of 'dilution'. ...... I am delighted that all those years ago my distant ancestors had the good sense to get on the move.

Really Percy it is an unedifying sight to watch you floundering around in deep waters looking for someone to throw you a buoy. This is not a good position for the white man's champion to be in!

The racial dilution concept you have have implies, surely, a weakness, a feebleness, a thinning out and a dimming down. What is being diluted? Who is being diluted? The only people who talk of racial dilution in these days of DNA are good old fashioned racists and believers in eugenics.

But having struck this lofty, professorial pose - which amuses me - we have this utterly wacky utterance about your ancestors having the "good sense" to get out of the neighborhood.

Were they experiencing a problem with emigrants in the next tree down the way?
Or wait, Percy, maybe your ancestors were headed for Caithness. Please enlarge on that last sentence. If you dare....

Mamabear
14-Dec-06, 20:34
At last!! The Brittish government have finally got the cure for illegal immigration problems in the United Kingdom. What they have forked out on paint & labour is a small miniscule amount to sacrifice rather than spend millions on unwanted immigrants..................................

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/willowbankbear/Immigration.jpg

;)

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 20:40
[quote=rich;172811]What is being diluted? Who is being diluted? The only people who talk of racial dilution in these days of DNA are good old fashioned racists and believers in eugenics.

quote]

What has she got to do with it...she'll never be Queen. Won't even come close.

Naefearjustbeer
14-Dec-06, 20:43
At last!! The Brittish government have finally got the cure for illegal immigration problems in the United Kingdom. What they have forked out on paint & labour is a small miniscule amount to sacrifice rather than spend millions on unwanted immigrants..................................

;)

ROFLMAO Thats the best Pic I have seen for a while.

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 20:48
Thanks for posting that, doesn't it make the whole picture much clearer. This is the epitomy of taking out of context, no different to a bad newspaper. When you read the whole thing it has humor and acceptance in it and a little controversy but its nothing to get wound up about and is a good starting point for some sensible and serious discussion. It is both philosphical and to the point. Which would lead me to believe the openeing of this thread is somewhat of a tease to stir some attention for fun.

For those who know me will know I am of a mixed race marriage, I am white and my wife is african american, so I can relate to this passage, I can smirk at it, I can nod at it, I can see beneath, around and over it. Its not all that bad, trust me!

You are lucky you live in the States, Jeemag_USA.

Here the PC aren't prepared to accept acceptance, just enthusiastic wholehearted embracing of multi-culturalism. I am pretty sure, if Percy Toboggan's offspring/grandchildren were to marry a non-white, he'd accept that as well...........heck, even my ancient aunt came to her senses in those circumstances.

I don't think I am racist, and I abhor any discrimination on racial/colour grounds..........but then I am not English/Southern Scottish and have never lived in a situation where the perception, rightly or wrongly, is that incomers, of whatever religion/colour/race, have changed an area........even though I live in a very small corner of Caithness where I am the only Scot.

If those BNP members were not found guilty of racism at the recent trial, then Percy Toboggan is not guilty of it either.

IMO, there is a difference between insulting language and/or discriminating against the law as in being racist, a reluctant acceptance of the law as in pragmatism (and they seem to be in the majority at the moment) and genuine colour/religion/race blindness.

It is a pity that the PC think that the latter has to be the norm, and there is no room for those that aren't happy about it, but go along with it. Would they rather that everyone who doesn't embrace multi-culturalism wholeheartedly join the BNP because that is where they belong.........and which would give them an undoubted majority in Westminster at the present time?

Laws can't force people to change their thoughts.........and provided they can form those thoughts in a non-abusive way to post on forums, I can't see a problem with it.

rich
14-Dec-06, 20:49
percy, one picture's worth a thousand words!
It's time for you and the lads to pack up.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 20:51
.................................................. .In the interests of Free Speech I am willing to say that what you express, in my opinion, is Racism and that by expressing them you are displaying the fact that your views are those of a Racist.

Well, you got there in the end old chap and it's just your opinion and you're entitled to it I'm sure. Phew!

I'm not surprised you call yourself Jaws though, that was one heck of a long winded diatribe.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 20:55
percy, one picture's worth a thousand words!
It's time for you and the lads to pack up.
You seem to labour under the misapprehension that I am part of an orchestrated campaign. I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the BNP or the National Front. If I'd met more people like you in life then I might well be though. I do not 'know' anyone else on this forum, do not exchange more than a singular p.m. with anyone either.
In conclusion Rich, get a life ! oh!! and learn to read and inwardly digest.

crashbandicoot1979
14-Dec-06, 20:55

Brilliant [lol]

rich
14-Dec-06, 21:02
Brilliant [lol]

Like I said....one picture!

corgiman
14-Dec-06, 21:06
Like I said....one picture!
at which point I think we can refer back to connieb19's post

I've got a suggestion too, it might save a lot of time and hastle. Why not list all the unwanted orgers, ie supposed ring leaders, people who aid and abet, acomplaces, people who post drivel, cronies, lunatics, people who would have been on the miserable users list and anyone else you don't want, send them a polite email telling them they're not wanted on this forum and take it from there. Then use you plug in on those who want to stay.
it's pretty easy really, it's what you wanted to achieve originally but just being honest about it this time.
I know for sure I'd be happier to be told straight than people dropping hints and snide cmments the whole time. :confused

Connie:eek:

Arikara
14-Dec-06, 21:06

;)

That is sooooooo funny! ROTFLMAO!

angela5
14-Dec-06, 21:16
ROFLMAO Mamabear...[lol][lol]

rich
14-Dec-06, 21:47
My goodness what a gathering of knuckle draggers! I can see you running out of your caves and baying at the moon. In its own unique way it is impressive. But stupid. What next, Percy? Sock it to us man! (With pictures!)

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 21:52
My goodness what a gathering of knuckle draggers! I can see you running out of your caves and baying at the moon. In its own unique way it is impressive.

To whom are you referring, rich? As you have not directed your post, can I assume you include me in that description.

rich
14-Dec-06, 22:10
To whom are you referring, rich? As you have not directed your post, can I assume you include me in that description.
If putting up a sign on the White Cliffs of Dover saying FULL UP is your idea of a good time then, yup! You're walking on your knuckles. No doubt about it!
But nil desperandum - try this. Get a grip of a tree and haul yourself upwards, towards the light. This will get the blood moving in your brain.
Suddenly the world will be a brighter place. Suddenly you will see your fellow humans in all their glorious differences yet members of one magnificent species.
You'll feel so much better....

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 22:19
If putting up a sign on the White Cliffs of Dover saying FULL UP is your idea of a good time then, yup! You're walking on your knuckles. No doubt about it!
But nil desperandum - try this. Get a grip of a tree and haul yourself upwards, towards the light. This will get the blood moving in your brain.
Suddenly the world will be a brighter place. Suddenly you will see your fellow humans in all their glorious differences yet members of one magnificent species.
You'll feel so much better....

Nope, can't say I think it funny at all................but I equally didn't see any point in saying that, as I know that there is perceived to be a distinct difference between immigration and illegal immigration.

After all, it is a lot easier to legally enter the UK than it is to a lot of other EU countries.........so illegal immigration has nothing to do with immigration, and more to do with illegality..............don't you think?

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 22:27

The quote I made more or less sums up PT's entire post. He re-iterated his dislike for the non-white element in Britain's make up further on.

I too am 'of a mixed race marriage' as you put it, and I can tell you that I did not open this thread for fun.

Secondly, I don't need to 'trust' you on this, you are simply wrong.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 22:30
I didn't think the photo was funny either beyond the momentary chuckle it induced. Refreshing though to see the majority viewpoint encapsulated in a harmless wee image though I'd say. Rich has taken it to heart and is now throwing terms like 'knuckle draggers' around to all and sundry who take differing views to the vexed question of immigration. It figures.
I'm quite surprised the image has been allowed to sit on here for so long before being wiped. Pleasantly surprised. Maybe hope for alternative viewpoints has not completely expired.

mareng
14-Dec-06, 22:32
I think it is safe to say that there is a great proportion of UK residents that feel that people coming to these shores, with the express purpose of sponging off our more-than-generous welfare state - is something that should be stopped as soon as possible.

Take two examples (of possible nationalities)

Nigerian

Lithuanian

One of those is visibly identifiable. (picked to illustrate colour, not propensity for crime)

So, that's who we identify as "the enemy".

Not justifiable, but understandable.

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 22:37
The white cliffs are part of England.

Scotland is desperately in need of immigrants.

I wonder what it would be like if all the countries harbouring Britain's ex pats sent them home?

The number of people, 'British' people, making false claims for Disability benefits is a far greater burden on the tax player than the relatively small number of illegal immigrants, or indeed the legal asylum seekers.

How many threads get started on the .org about that?

I thought so.

Funny that.

rich
14-Dec-06, 22:38
Percy, I am cudgelling my brain here to see what "alternative" positions - with pics - that you are going to come up with next.

A map of the flat earth perhaps?

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 22:41
The quote I made more or less sums up PT's entire post. He re-iterated his dislike for the non-white element in Britain's make up further on.

I too am 'of a mixed race marriage' as you put it, and I can tell you that I did not open this thread for fun.

Secondly, I don't need to 'trust' you on this, you are simply wrong.

There are lies, damn lies, and Boozeburglar.
You opened this thread simply to stir up trouble and play the outraged 'victim'. You pm'd me your telephone number the other day for reasons of your own - which still puzzle me.

Rejection can be hard to take but you'll get over it.

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 22:41
Have you any idea how many of the nurses, doctors and other vital staff in the NHS are from Nigeria?

mareng
14-Dec-06, 22:47

I wonder what it would be like if all the countries harbouring Britain's ex pats sent them home?

The number of people, 'British' people, making false claims for Disability benefits is a far greater burden on the tax player than the relatively small number of illegal immigrants, or indeed the legal asylum seekers.

I thought so.

Funny that.

"Scotland is in need of immigrants"

You are absolutely correct. I see the Polish immigrants as being the ones that will rejuvinate our economy.

But, make no mistake, the countries that "harbour" our ex-pats are doing so because it suits them.

My outlook on this is that no-one has the right of abode in another country (unless within the EEC) and that you have to have something to offer, that is attractive enough for the host country to allow entry.

So - don't we have enough drains on our welfare state without inviting more claimants?

Why don't we hold a poll on the nationalities that we would/wouldn't welcome to Scotland?

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 22:47
I said you could call me because you seem to be suggesting you have no contact with anyone from the .org. I thought you might like to discuss issues you feel strong enough to post about man to man, and to get a better handle on just why you and I disagree. I have no reason to believe that would be a fruitless conversation.

Why on earth are you on here if you have no interest in interacting with people from Caithness?

As far as not handling rejection, I am not accustomed to it so I cannot really comment. I never reject people out of hand. I sat and read your posts time and time again on issues of immigration before I commented.

mareng
14-Dec-06, 22:50
Have you any idea how many of the nurses, doctors and other vital staff in the NHS are from Nigeria?

Okay, I'll play.................. is it 5,392 ?

Mmmm..... missed the point there, methinks.

Go back and read my post.

I've got a nice animated avatar, and you've not even got one............. so I've won!

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 22:51

Relax! I'll be on my way in due course.

In the meantime perhaps a large sign at Dunnet Head - 'come on you huddled masses' Irish, dogs,blacks and browns all welcome - even the English. White flighters excepted. We ain't fussy but even we have our limits !:Razz

I'l be happy to rub shoulders with a cosmopolitan mix once I get up there - they'll be helping to fund me pension after all.
I had a pleasant conversation with an educated Egyptian fork lift driver yesterday. He's been here since 1992. 'It's okay' when I asked him how he liked Mancunia.

I told him my ambition was to retire to Scotland - 'too damn wet' he said in his broken, yet appealing English.

'I'll buy a mac' was my response.

'Didn't Wilberforce get that far north' was his stunning riposte.
People like that we need!!!
Life is full of surprises.

mareng
14-Dec-06, 22:57
Relax! I'll be on my way in due course.

In the meantime perhaps a large sign at Dunnet Head - 'come on you huddled masses' Irish, dogs,blacks and browns all welcome - even the English. White flighters excepted. We ain't fussy but even we have our limits !:Razz

I'l be happy to rub shoulders with a cosmopolitan mix once I get up there - they'll be helping to fund me pension after all.
I had a pleasant conversation with an educated Egyptian fork lift driver yesterday. He's been here since 1992. 'It's okay' when I asked him how he liked Mancunia.

I told him my ambition was to retire to Scotland - 'too damn wet' he said in his broken, yet appealing English.

'Didn't Wilberforce get that far north' was his stunning riposte.
People like that we need!!!
Life is full of surprises.

You've identified it:

You come to our country and work (contribute)............ Welcome

You come to our country and sponge........................... Sod off!

Seems reasonable?

scorrie
14-Dec-06, 22:58

'

Judging by the replies here, you might be better served purchasing a "PC" ;o)

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 23:15
I think it is safe to say that there is a great proportion of UK residents that feel that people coming to these shores, with the express purpose of sponging off our more-than-generous welfare state - is something that should be stopped as soon as possible.

Take two examples (of possible nationalities)

Nigerian

Lithuanian

One of those is visibly identifiable. (picked to illustrate colour, not propensity for crime)

So, that's who we identify as "the enemy".

Not justifiable, but understandable.

Immigration to this country, and the reaction to it, has existed for a long time. In the past there were racist reactions to Huguenots(predominantly white), Jews( mainly white), Commonwealth citizens (mainly non-white) and now asylum seekers(mainly non-white).

Let's face it, the majority of British citizens could happily live without anyone here but genuine white umpteen generation here Brits. And I don't think that any of them will do more than pay lip service to the law until it hits them where it hurts, as happened to my ancient aunt.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 23:17
Have you any idea how many Nigerians cannot get decent health care because the educated ones turned their backs on fellow countrymen and women and hi-tailed it off to England ?

percy toboggan
14-Dec-06, 23:19
On reflection Boozeburglar I'm glad you started this thread. It's been entertaining and interesting. Frustrating and revealing.

Thanks.

Oddquine
14-Dec-06, 23:20
"Scotland is in need of immigrants"

You are absolutely correct. I see the Polish immigrants as being the ones that will rejuvinate our economy.

But, make no mistake, the countries that "harbour" our ex-pats are doing so because it suits them.

My outlook on this is that no-one has the right of abode in another country (unless within the EEC) and that you have to have something to offer, that is attractive enough for the host country to allow entry.

So - don't we have enough drains on our welfare state without inviting more claimants?

Why don't we hold a poll on the nationalities that we would/wouldn't welcome to Scotland?

I'd hope we would welcome into Scotland any individual (and family) who could contribute to the economy/community.............regardless of nationality, colour, race, religion..................and any person who could be proven to be facing death if repatriated.

_Ju_
14-Dec-06, 23:26
I know someone who swears he read the following on a public restroom wall, obviously with a more colourful language:

"Send all immigrants home"

And underneath it: "I agree. Start with the saxons, signed A.Pict"

Everything is relative, even the meaning of one word relative to it's neighbours. They need to be used very carefully.

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 23:30
On reflection Boozeburglar I'm glad you started this thread. It's been entertaining and interesting. Frustrating and revealing.

Thanks.

Well I didn't mean to cause you any offence. You happened to make a statement my wife happened to query.

I can differentiate between bold statements, opinion, stirring the pot and downright badness.

There is undeniably humour there somewhere, and perhaps as I only ever really post in response to issues like this people might assume I have none at all.

There is plenty to talk about, and I thought that was the purpose of a forum.

The worry comes when people give up talking.

I agree that economic migration leaves a lot of countries short of the qualified people they need.

I don't have an answer for it, unfortunately.

I am just glad to be one of the fortunate ones living in a country these people want to come to.

;)

mareng
14-Dec-06, 23:53
..................and any person who could be proven to be facing death if repatriated.

Agreed, but most of those asylum-seekers have already reached safety by the time they reach Spain/France/Germany.

So...... why are the seeking refuge as soon as they hit our shores?

Why do they stop here, and not head for Northern/Southern Ireland, Faroes and Iceland???

Say it with me, folks...........

MASSIVE STATE BENEFITS!

Boozeburglar
14-Dec-06, 23:57
You are forgetting that our society is also dead cool.

When we stop being so cool, and folks like Madonna, Kevin Spacey, Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie and the like stop wanting to live here then so will everyone else.

Blame Holywood.

mareng
15-Dec-06, 00:00
Mmmmm.....not sure about that one - needs a bit of thought (and less beer on my part) before responding.

Interesting, though.

Oddquine
15-Dec-06, 00:06
Agreed, but most of those asylum-seekers have already reached safety by the time they reach Spain/France/Germany.

So...... why are the seeking refuge as soon as they hit our shores?

Why do they stop here, and not head for Northern/Southern Ireland, Faroes and Iceland???

Say it with me, folks...........

MASSIVE STATE BENEFITS!

Not necessarily, mareng.........maybe family/friends.........people to whom they can relate. I know if I hadn't come to Caithness knowing someone, I'd not have come at all.

mareng
15-Dec-06, 00:12
Not necessarily, mareng.........maybe family/friends.........people to whom they can relate. I know if I hadn't come to Caithness knowing someone, I'd not have come at all.

Yeah, fair enough, but I don't believe you were a political asylum seeker (or were the Yorkshiremen threatening to kill you??)

But............. "in general" - do you think I'm wrong?

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 00:12

I thought so.

Funny that.
We're not in need of anymore immigrants, you can keep them all to yourself boozeburglar.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:15
I would LOVE that. I wish I had the money Bill Gates has! I would have my own immigrant army. You inbreeds are so darn boring!

mareng
15-Dec-06, 00:21
I would LOVE that. I wish I had the money Bill Gates has! I would have my own immigrant army. You inbreeds are so darn boring!

Who's post are you referring to?

mareng
15-Dec-06, 00:24
We're not in need of anymore immigrants, you can keep them all to yourself boozeburglar.

Wow!

Imagine in the 50's if Caithnesians had shouted that to the newcomers in the atomic age!

Caithness would be populated with goofy inbreds today, without the incomers.

(I'll get my coat)

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:28
Right enough, I would have missed out on practically all my best friends from Caithness, and the county as a whole would be all the poorer for it. (Views on Nuclear Power, etc. aside.)

;)

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 00:34
I would LOVE that. I wish I had the money Bill Gates has! I would have my own immigrant army. You inbreeds are so darn boring!Just because you have a direct link to chicken george there is no need to be nasty.;)

Wow!

Imagine in the 50's if Caithnesians had shouted that to the newcomers in the atomic age!

(I'll get my coat)
Without the atomics we'd all be goofy inbreds, Mmmm, let's start a poll, who agrees.[lol]
You should be on stage.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:49
Just because you have a direct link to chicken george there is no need to be nasty.

Sorry,

You will have to explain that to me.

Oddquine
15-Dec-06, 03:36
Yeah, fair enough, but I don't believe you were a political asylum seeker (or were the Yorkshiremen threatening to kill you??)

But............. "in general" - do you think I'm wrong?

Not many Yorkshiremen in Morayshire! :lol:

In general, I agree that there seems to be a tendency for immigrants to travel on to the UK from elsewhere in Europe.......but if they haven't come because they already have family/friends here, then they come because of our lax rules and social system............for which we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

In their place, what would you do? :confused

Oddquine
15-Dec-06, 03:47
Wow!

(I'll get my coat)

Being into Genealogy, I can reliably say that a large proportion of my ancestors married first cousins..........many of whom were the products of two siblings marrying their cousins.

So, by your criteria, was my mother a goofy inbred? :confused

I'll hold your coat for you! :Razz

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 22:58
Just because you have a direct link to chicken george there is no need to be nasty.

I would really like to know what you mean by this.

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 23:01
I would really like to know what you mean by this.Bit like you talking about inbreds, touché.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 23:02
Maybe I am being a bit thick, but spell it out for me, what are you referring to?

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 23:06
Maybe I am being a bit thick, but spell it out for me, what are you referring to?
If I was as nasty as you I would consider it but I'm not.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 23:12
Seems you are a coward.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as to what you meant exactly, perhaps you could pm me as I really am not getting it.

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 23:16
Seems you are a coward as well as a racist.
Nope.......Perhaps you are being a bit thick.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 23:34
Well Chicken George is one of the ancestors in the film Roots so if that is what you are referring to I wonder why you consider it apt?

Coolio
15-Dec-06, 23:48
Well Chicken George is one of the ancestors in the film Roots so if that is what you are referring to I wonder why you consider it apt?
Just thought that maybe you were related as you have such a knowledge of the breeding habits of caithnessians, I thought your ancestry could not be questioned.

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 23:54
So you were referring to exactly what I suspected.

You are equally descended from the same, my friend, and that means all your wind about immigrants is so very relative.

Mamabear
15-Dec-06, 23:56

Erm I think I ought to pull you up on this Boozy, who do you class as inbred??
If you think this way & disrespect the locals like this , I hope you get the absolute scorn turned your way as you surely deserve it with wayward statements such as this.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 00:00

I have been asked to say something about this by my wife, and I wonder why it is allowed to stand.

Me, I wonder why people even bother to acknowledge such ignorance. Personally I think this sort of ridiculous comments are designed to trigger responses that bring out the bad in everyone... ignore this sort of d<r<u<t.

Racial issues are something that people will never agree on, and something that we can only hope that governments can find control for.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:05
So you were referring to exactly what I suspected.

You are equally descended from the same, my friend, and that means all your wind about immigrants is so very relative.
Anybody that doesn't agree with mass immigration and the problems it brings are either inbreds, stupid or both. Very sensible viewpoint.:D

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 00:05
Erm I think I ought to pull you up on this Boozy, who do you class as inbred??
If you think this way & disrespect the locals like this , I hope you get the absolute scorn turned your way as you surely deserve it with wayward statements such as this.

I am 'local', if that helps reveal the irony in my post. I deserve no scorn, people who would malign and maltreat others on the basis of spurious differences deserve the scorn, and I would appreciate less misinformed interruption whilst I am about that task.

I am not for 'mass immigration', but nor am I for the culture where as long as incomers have a similar complexion to the majority here they don't get the flack people who are as British as the rest of us get just because their skin is a couple of shades off the norm.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:07
Me, I wonder why people even bother to acknowledge such ignorance. Personally I think this sort of ridiculous comments are designed to trigger responses that bring out the bad in everyone... ignore this sort of d<r<u<t.

Racial issues are something that people will never agree on, and something that we can only hope that governments can find control for.
Try reading the full post by percytoboggan, maybe you wpuld then understand it in its proper context not just the snippet provided by boozeburglar.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:09
I am 'local', if that helps reveal the irony in my post. I deserve no scorn, people who would malign and maltreat others on the basis of spurious differences deserve the scorn, and I would appreciate less misonformed interruption whilst I am about that task.
So anybody with a different view from yours are inbred, Mmmm.

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 00:12
That is really funny.

Several people have mentioned that. If you go back to PT's full post you would have to be of similar thinking to garner anything but the kind of view my excerpt reveals as his overall standpoint.

Some of us have been about this for a couple of decades, I am not here to learn on this issue.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:15
That is really funny.

Several people have mentioned that. If you go back to PT's full post you would have to be of similar thinking to garner anything but the kind of view my excerpt reveals as his overall standpoint.

Some of us have been about this for a couple of decades, I am not here to learn on this issue.
Throwing insults isn't a good way to go about it then.

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 00:16
If you don't actually understand irony you aren't going to get much of what I say Coolio, so I am probably wasting time to tell you are making illogical conclusions from my posts.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 00:16
Try reading the full post by percytoboggan, maybe you wpuld then understand it in its proper context not just the snippet provided by boozeburglar.

I don't really need context to understand why people feel the need to write catalytic comments, it's fairly obvious.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:20
I don't really need context to understand why people feel the need to write catalytic comments, it's fairly obvious.
Oh yes, percy is a recruitment officer for the b.n.p, very catalytic.
Of cource you need context to understand what someone is trying to get across, snippets of a statement as boozeburglar extracted is bound to cause unrest when thrown in the air, so to speak.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:23
If you don't actually understand irony you aren't going to get much of what I say Coolio, so I am probably wasting time to tell you are making illogical conclusions from my posts.
Where was your irony, all I saw was a personal insult to myself quickly followed up by an even bigger insult to caithnessians as a whole, i.e, without the atomics caithness would be populated by goofy inbreds, very eloquent.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 00:32
Oh yes, percy is a recruitment officer for the b.n.p, very catalytic.
Of cource you need context to understand what someone is trying to get across, snippets of a statement as boozeburglar extracted is bound to cause unrest when thrown in the air, so to speak.

I just don't see why you felt the need to say the things you did on a community message board, and at the same time I don't really understand why "boozeburglar" felt the need to highlight them.

I just wish more people would think about these pages in terms of being a reflection of our community and culture, and not a method of expressing anonymous and repressed egotism. It's quite poor.

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 00:35

But Percy Toboggan wrote a qualified comment.....the catalytic comment came from the C&Ping of just the first sentence of that post.

You DO need context to appreciate the difference between a blatant racist, as the PC on here are trying to label PT, and someone who isn't happy about the impact of immigration (and I'm assuming Muslim) on this country. PT is fairly typical, imo, of the majority of the people in this country..........i.e...all those in between the racists "we don't want you under any circumstances if you aren't white caucasian" and the PC crowd " come away in, we'll budge up and make room for you."

I've found that there aren't many white native Brits who'd be leaping through hoops in delight if their offspring married out of the white group........any more than Muslims/Jews etc would be, in general, doing the same if their offspring married out of the race/religion.

But that doesn't make them racist as in the meaning of the Act.

Boozeburglar
Where was your irony, all I saw was a personal insult to myself quickly followed up by an even bigger insult to caithnessians as a whole, i.e, without the atomics caithness would be populated by goofy inbreds, very eloquent.

Could you make sure you are actually quoting me?

Is that toom much to ask?

I am a Caithnessian.

Coolio
I just don't see why you felt the need to say the things you did on a community message board, and at the same time I don't really understand why "boozeburglar" felt the need to highlight them.

I just wish more people would think about these pages in terms of being a reflection of our community and culture, and not a method of expressing anonymous and repressed egotism. It's quite poor.
Fair point gmac, I said what I said in the heat of the moment, maybe boozeburglar did to but I will not be called a racist, never have been, never will be.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:40
Could you make sure you are actually quoting me?

Is that toom much to ask?

I am a Caithnessian.
I didn't quote you exclusively, you called me an inbred, mareng called into question whether caithness people would be inbred without the atomic, not very inducive to reasoned debate.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:44
Read boozeburglars post just before that oddquine.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 00:48
Fair point gmac, I said what I said in the heat of the moment, maybe boozeburglar did to but I will not be called a racist, never have been, never will be.

The point is folks that lots of people read these threads, and it will never look good if we discuss such things with any opinioniated comments made in haste, and I do know that it's easy to make comments quickly when you're trying to defend yourself... but I think it's equally important to be aware of your motivation when you hit that submit button.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 00:55
The point is folks that lots of people read these threads, and it will never look good if we discuss such things with any opinioniated comments made in haste, and I do know that it's easy to make comments quickly when you're trying to defend yourself... but I think it's equally important to be aware of your motivation when you hit that submit button.
Again gmac a sensible reply but once again I reserve the right to defend myself whether that warrants me a ban or not.
I know lots of people from lots of countries, all different shades and I never would treat any of them with disrespect.
My point is a very valid one in that britain is being over-run with immigrants the larger the influx the more chance there is that they will close ranks and exclude everyone else.
Immigration to this country whilst acceptable in many peoples eyes must be restricted to smaller groups that will integrate more easily in british society, too many and they go their own way with no hope of integration just no go areas for everyone else.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 00:58
But Percy Toboggan wrote a qualified comment.....the catalytic comment came from the C&Ping of just the first sentence of that post.

Oddquine, who cares, really? It's a neverending and futile topic of discussion. Governments can't sort this stuff out, it's unlikely to suddenly become fathomable here. If you care about the issue so much please post your name... so that I can tag you, in the same way as you appear to support the tagging of others. I'd be quite happy with you're name, I don't need your race.

I wonder if you'd be so vocal on such sensitive issues if you had to put your name behind your words.

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 00:58
Read boozeburglars post just before that oddquine.

Obviously didn't delete my post fast enough after I read yours! Lol!

I have checked and you are right.

Re any inbred comment........you just have to read my reply to Mareng to see that it isn't something that purebred Caithness fowkies can claim may not apply to them. To date, I have 5500+ connections on my tree, and the level of first cousin marriages from bothers/sisters marrying brothers/sisters in my Caithness lines are astonishing compared to my Inverness/shire line.

gmac78
16-Dec-06, 01:12
My point is a very valid one in that britain is being over-run with immigrants the larger the influx the more chance there is that they will close ranks and exclude everyone else.

Your point may be valid to people who support your way of thinking, but at the same time it may also be completely offensive to others who don't.

I respect your right to express your views, but let me ask you this... would you do it in the middle of a Chinese restaurant? A place where you know there are likely to be people who will find your opinions offensive. I doubt you would, because I'm sure you're polite enough to restrain your thoughts in public.

Message boards are the same as public places, lots of people visit them, but unlike spoken word, your voice is permanently archived. Please don't be lead into debates that allow your voice to be misconstrued, and twisted.

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 01:14

Anyone with any sense would realise this whole post was a pure tongue in cheek response to the previous post.

Again, I am a local and I couldn't care less how you choose to twist my words, my motives for this thread are 100%, and there isn't anyone here qualified to doubt them.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 01:23
Your point may be valid to people who support your way of thinking, but at the same time it may also be completely offensive to others who don't.

I respect your right to express your views, but let me ask you this... would you do it in the middle of a Chinese restaurant? A place where you know there are likely to be people who will find your opinions offensive. I doubt you would, because I'm sure you're polite enough to restrain your thoughts in public.

Message boards are the same as public places, lots of people visit them, but unlike spoken word, your voice is permanently archived. Please don't be lead into debates that allow your voice to be misconstrued, and twisted.
What is offensive about not wanting my country to become a place of segregation for different races or religions, comeone, I don't care who wants to live here, all I want is a country where everyone will integrate and share the same values, not one where we all hide behind our own wee cliques.

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 01:24
Oddquine, who cares, really? It's a neverending and futile topic of discussion. Governments can't sort this stuff out, it's unlikely to suddenly become fathomable here. If you care about the issue so much please post your name... so that I can tag you, in the same way as you appear to support the tagging of others. I'd be quite happy with you're name, I don't need your race.

I wonder if you'd be so vocal on such sensitive issues if you had to put your name behind your words.

And how do you come to the conclusion that I care more about the issue than you? I am no racist.....but equally I am extremely fed up of the PC crowd labelling everyone who doesn't enthusiastically embrace unencumbered immigration as racist.

It has become the latest kneejerk insult from Zionists if anyone defends the Palestinians against the Israelis, and having been on the end of that a lot more than many times, I have to say that the opinions of people now mean very little.

I like fair.....and, in fairness, PT's post, was not racist under current British law....and imo, the only reason boozeburglar had to start this thread was to carry PCness to its ludicrous extremes.

Imo, people who trawl through posts and pick out only those parts of them which, to their mind, confirm their opinion in order to start a new thread are little more than stirrers...espcially when it takes four days to get stirred up about the comment.

Re my identity.....if you care to google Oddquine, I think you'd find out more about the way I think than googling my real-life name...........but if you don't, get back to me and I'll happily tell you.

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 01:25
Anyone with any sense would realise this whole post was a pure tongue in cheek response to the previous post.

Again, I am a local and I couldn't care less how you choose to twist my words, my motives for this thread are 100%, and there isn't anyone here qualified to doubt them.
Okay boozeburglar, I aint got any sense, make ya feel better?
My motives are also 100%, i will share them if you like but only when you are not prepared to throw cheap insults.

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 03:03
the only reason boozeburglar had to start this thread was to carry PCness to its ludicrous extremes.

Imo, people who trawl through posts and pick out only those parts of them which, to their mind, confirm their opinion in order to start a new thread are little more than stirrers...espcially when it takes four days to get stirred up about the comment.

The quoting system on this board allows me to highlight the part of a quote I am responding to by paring it down to such when I quote, if you were to click on the attendant link it gives you the whole quote.

If I were to leave the whole how would you know that to which I was referring, without my needlessly repeating part of the quote?

The system is pretty good, you can 'trawl' thru all of one of my long winded posts and quote only that to which you object, and yet interested parties may click upon the linky and read the whole of my post wherein the objectionable is contained.

It is a false accusation that I have taken only what suits my purposes from PTs post. I only highlighted it; anyone interested could click the link to read the whole.

I was involved in the original thread, I had to do no trawling.

I responded at the time, it did not take me ‘four days to get stirred up’.

My wife was reading thru it, at the point she had the time, and wondered why that kind of talk was tolerated on this message board.

I trust her judgment over yours on what is important in life, versus what is ‘stirring’.

What is offensive about not wanting my country to become a place of segregation for different races or religions, comeone, I don't care who wants to live here, all I want is a country where everyone will integrate and share the same values, not one where we all hide behind our own wee cliques.

I see nothing in this post that I disagree with fundamentally.

Perhaps we are at cross purposes?

fred
16-Dec-06, 10:50
Immigration to this country whilst acceptable in many peoples eyes must be restricted to smaller groups that will integrate more easily in british society, too many and they go their own way with no hope of integration just no go areas for everyone else.

We should make some exceptions though shouldn't we? For instance the 3,000 Iraqi people who are forced to leave everything and flee their homes each day, shouldn't we be inviting them to come and stay in Britain? Pottery Barn rules say "If you break it you own it", wouldn't it be the least we could do to offer them a home here?

weeboyagee
16-Dec-06, 11:05
We should make some exceptions though shouldn't we? For instance the 3,000 Iraqi people who are forced to leave everything and flee their homes each day, shouldn't we be inviting them to come and stay in Britain? Pottery Barn rules say "If you break it you own it", wouldn't it be the least we could do to offer them a home here?
Ah fred,....back and into the swing of things - you know this, we've needed you to spice things up!

I'm off to sharpen my claws,...... ;)

WBG :cool:

fred
16-Dec-06, 11:33
Ah fred,....back and into the swing of things - you know this, we've needed you to spice things up!

I'm off to sharpen my claws,...... ;)

WBG :cool:

Don't celebrate too soon weeboyagee, could be I'm just passing through.

What happened to sjwahwah then, I don't see her posting any more?

JimH
16-Dec-06, 13:57
Why is it, that whenever there is a good topic for debate on the org, does it degenerate into a slanging match between personalities?

The org is a mixed group of people, and all will have their own opinions on every subject there is. THey are entitled to, and there is absolutely no need for drawn swords.

I have lived and worked all over the world at various times. When I am in a foreign country I adapt my behaviour and habits accordingly. If I did not - some would have imprisoned me.

I do not have any objections to any imigrants coming into this country (as long as we don't sink) But they have to make some effort to intigrate into our society. If they do not, then they might as well have stayed at home.

Americans serving inthis country have the choice of either staying American on the base, or living in our society off the base.

I am an Englishman living in Scotland. If I do not intigrate and enjoy the Caithness way of life, I might as well have stayed south of the border. Heaven forbid that I am ever deported.

I love the four day week - Tuesday, Thursday, today or tomorrow.

Peace and goodwill to all.

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 14:38
The quoting system on this board allows me to highlight the part of a quote I am responding to by paring it down to such when I quote, if you were to click on the attendant link it gives you the whole quote.

If I were to leave the whole how would you know that to which I was referring, without my needlessly repeating part of the quote?

The system is pretty good, you can 'trawl' thru all of one of my long winded posts and quote only that to which you object, and yet interested parties may click upon the linky and read the whole of my post wherein the objectionable is contained.

It is a false accusation that I have taken only what suits my purposes from PTs post. I only highlighted it; anyone interested could click the link to read the whole.

I was involved in the original thread, I had to do no trawling.

I responded at the time, it did not take me ‘four days to get stirred up’.

My wife was reading thru it, at the point she had the time, and wondered why that kind of talk was tolerated on this message board.

I trust her judgment over yours on what is important in life, versus what is ‘stirring’.

I apologise for my comments........hadn't noticed the button at the side of the quote....though I have to admit that I'd not have known to click it if not for your expanation if I had.

Gleber2
16-Dec-06, 16:23
What happened to sjwahwah then, I don't see her posting any more?

Banned for life!!!!!!

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 16:32
Absolutely fred, I would have no objections to that.

percy toboggan
16-Dec-06, 18:49
I agree Iraq got broken. A dictator was removed. A brutal one. It seems the people under his cosh did not have the wherewithal to rid themselves of his despotic dynasty. I supported the war, but soon realised I'd been conned.
You're right Fred. The people who steamed into Iraq without much thought for the consequences do owe the displaced something. There are huge tracts of land in the U.S.A. that are doing now't. The invasion was primarily their idea (Bush administratrion's version of America) Let them find some room for the huddles Iraqi masses. As someone opined earlier in the threadBritain is 'full' I knoe Northern Scotland is relatively empty but we need recognisable differences in socio-demographics. The place would be a complete hell-hole if it was stuffed full of people.

In closing ...I must thank Oddquine for her rationality and her sensible appraisal of what I wrote in the very first place.This thread has rumbled on.

fred
16-Dec-06, 19:18
Banned for life!!!!!!

That would explain it.

Did she break one of the rules or was it political?

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 19:24
Don't think you would get banned without breaking the rules.

Whether politics overrides discretion is another matter.

fred
16-Dec-06, 22:04
Absolutely fred, I would have no objections to that.

Hey that's great, good for Coolio, I'll see if I can get things moving and if there are any other Orgers can offer a place in their homes for some Iraqi refugees please let me know.

How many can you take?

_Ju_
16-Dec-06, 22:18
Immigrant:

a person who has come to a different country in order to live there permanently:
- a large immigrant population

illegal immigrant :

someone who goes to live or work in another country when they do not have the legal right to do this

asylum-seeker:

someone who leaves their own country for their safety, often for political reasons or because of war, and who travels to another country hoping that the government will protect them and allow them to live there.

A car is not a lorry, nor is a lorry an ambulance. If you are going to enfatically discuss migration, use the appropriate designations and above all understand what they mean.

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 22:20
Hey that's great, good for Coolio, I'll see if I can get things moving and if there are any other Orgers can offer a place in their homes for some Iraqi refugees please let me know.

How many can you take?
Stick me down for half a dozen seeing as it's Cristmas. :D

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 22:26
Stick me down for half a dozen seeing as it's Cristmas. :D

Belter, but ye better beware as some pc nerd will not see this as funny my girl[lol]

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 22:26
Stick me down for half a dozen seeing as it's Cristmas.
An iraqi is not just for christmas connie.[mad]

Coolio
16-Dec-06, 22:28

How many can you take?That's some rapier wit you have there fred.

connieb19
16-Dec-06, 22:36
An iraqi is not just for christmas connie.[mad]I work all day, will it be okay to leave them in the house on their own? How often do they need fed? :confused

Through
16-Dec-06, 23:33
There is a theory that Bush attacked Iraq so that they could get their hands on ancient artifacts. Iraq was the location for the oldest civilisation discovered to date; the Sumerian civilisation. It suddenly appeared out of nowhere and there are claims that some of the technology was ahead of what we have today. During the attacks, museums were plundered. The evidence seems incontrovertible that the thieves knew exactly what to take and some very important pieces have disappeared. These included at least one item that required serious lifting equipment.

Clearly, WMD was a completely invented excuse.

For those who are interested, a quick web search for Sumer should throw up some interesting information.

fred
17-Dec-06, 00:12
Clearly, WMD was a completely invented excuse.

You got that bit right and that is official thanks to evidence released yesterday, evidence previously suppressed with threats of prosecution under the official secrets act.

When Tony Bliar stood in the Commons talking of weapons of mass destruction which could be deployed against us in 45 minutes he knew for a fact it wasn't true, knew for a fact there were no weapons of mass destruction at all.

Through
17-Dec-06, 00:28
You got that bit right and that is official thanks to evidence released yesterday, evidence previously suppressed with threats of prosecution under the official secrets act.

When Tony Bliar stood in the Commons talking of weapons of mass destruction which could be deployed against us in 45 minutes he knew for a fact it wasn't true, knew for a fact there were no weapons of mass destruction at all.

Not the first time that man has done something like that. I for one am sick of English people telling me how fed up they are with those Scots guys running Britain - Blair and Brown.

JAWS
17-Dec-06, 02:09
Oh dear, there are going to be a lot of disgruntled Scots around. It would appear that all people born in Edinburgh have just been declared English!

How many other parts of Scotland have been officially declared English? I think it is disgraceful that the Scottish Assembly should forced to sit in an English City.
I should be demolished and rebuilt elsewhere immediately!

Thorough, the truth is quite simple, Bush wanted access to Iraq to search for The Arc of the Covenant! Indiana Jones was lying when he said he had found it. It's still out there in the desert.

celtic 302
17-Dec-06, 02:31
Not the first time that man has done something like that. I for one am sick of English people telling me how fed up they are with those Scots guys running Britain - Blair and Brown.

Just thought i'd say, Blair's from Edinburgh.

I think that if u want to say something like wat was said to originally start this thread, then u should say it. If having freedom of speech does not allow us to express our views on non-whites coming to this country, then the system is flawed.

I also dont think the remark is all that racist. The writer may just not like the idea of asians and/or africans coming to this country and mixing with this society. This is a very old fashioned view, and one that he might have been told by his predecessors.

Also, because the thread got a bit sidetracked, i thought id put my 2 cents in on the iraq issue. OK, we went to war looking for WMD and there obviously werent anyway. However, we did remove a terrible dictator. And, whoever started going on about some ancient religion or somethin similar (i wasnt really paying attention). Whoever was, should lay off the whisky, cos its going to there head.

Ps, while talking about the original reason for starting the thread, i called the original poster a he, even though he might be she. And just because im defending s/he, doesnt mean these are my own views.

sweetheart
17-Dec-06, 03:25
Regarding the content of the remark:

As one of those white immigrants, Just Another White Settler (JAWS LOL!), i'm obviously not against immigration. The 50 million scots abroad surely prefer that the people where they immigrated are not so small minded.

By the number that's moved abroad, to every place, isn't it fair that someone walks the other way? Maybe jesus was right when he suggested we love everyone, without exception, and if we can't, then we make an effort. Even a buddhist would have compassion and respect for all living persons, without exception.

To be a bigot, is not wise, it is not a social preservation strategy, it is burying egaletarian values for the false kingdom of hindward looking egotism. They say you can tell a culture in decline by how much it clings to, and identifies with history, rather than the present; that its best moments are dead somewhere buried and can never be retrieved.

I wish sometimes, that the opposite people would speak up, not the authoritarians or the bigots; if religion is dead and nobody is a christian even, then couldn't the wiser simply be those who show no tolerance for groupthink, for cultism, who live for the enlightenment rather, and a wholly more progressive outcome at every level.

Sadly, petty authoritarians are ascendent around the globe, but the light is not extinguished, and god/dog help those who keep it alight.

fred
17-Dec-06, 10:08
Oh dear, there are going to be a lot of disgruntled Scots around. It would appear that all people born in Edinburgh have just been declared English!

Has it?

Who did that then? I haven't seen anyone saying that or anything like that.

fred
17-Dec-06, 10:15
Don't think you would get banned without breaking the rules.

Must have been one hell of a good swear word she used for a lifetime ban.

fred
17-Dec-06, 10:48
Also, because the thread got a bit sidetracked, i thought id put my 2 cents in on the iraq issue. OK, we went to war looking for WMD and there obviously werent anyway. However, we did remove a terrible dictator. And, whoever started going on about some ancient religion or somethin similar (i wasnt really paying attention). Whoever was, should lay off the whisky, cos its going to there head.

It was us who landed them with that brutal dictator in the first place, the CIA backed the coup in 1963 which brought the anti Communist Baath party to power. They supplied them with a list of Communists in Iraq so they could be murdered. They backed the coup which brought Saddam Hussein to power, he'd been working as a CIA agent. They even supplied him with chemical and biological weapons to take care of any uprisings.

http://www.graven-images.org.uk/temp/handshake.jpg

northener
17-Dec-06, 15:06
BBC reported the other morning that due to the numbers of Britons leaving these Septic Isles to live abroad, the population is just being balanced nicely by the amount of Immigrants coming in.

The only problem I have with this is that the Brits scarpering abroad will generally be well-off and have a secure future organised whereas our immigrant population requires a lot of Social Support to get them started up. I know that we do get skilled people coming in but the majority (imho) will tend to be rather a large burden on the welfare state - at least for a small number of years.

Which means if we continue to welcome immigrants with little or no chance of making a contribution to our combined wealth and fairly high standard of living then we must be prepared to dig deep for sufficient resources.

So where's the money going to come from then?

northener
17-Dec-06, 15:15
What' all this tripe about Bush invading Iraq to steal some archeological goodies? I notice that the 'goods' have conveniently 'disappeared' leading us to yet another mind numbing conspiracy theory...

For crying out loud....

Mind you, I went out for a few beers the other night, when I woke up the next morning the pork pie was missing out of the fridge!

Now, my wife is a veggy - so where's it gone?

Hmmm, I once saw Mr Bush tucking into a similar pie - must have been the CIA. Flew into Wick, abducted my pie and fooom! straight out of the country and back to Roswell.

They're all out to get me y'know.

sweetheart
17-Dec-06, 15:55
The economic system of state welfarism, where the welfare state sucks all the best and brightest innovators in to the best paying, long term, pensioned jobs, is set up on a collision course with the paymasters.

Immigrants to the US, often form companies, and some become quite successful in business. But the variables to create a successful dynamic economy are only being tweaked down in england around some big universities... whereas this should be being done the length and breadth
of the island with each university forming the heart of business clusters.

And example for thurso. Welcome to thurso here in 2030, the 'gateway to the north and the alternative energy economy'. Visitors are encouraged to leave
their cars in inverness and take the high speed train to thurso. In less than 2 hours, visitors are at the gateway to the highland trailheads of the north highland hiking trail network. Visitor cars are discouraged west of Reay, and tourists are encouraged to take advantage of the quality paths and trail networks linking reay with kinlochbervie and all villages in between.

Last year, 200,000 tourists hiked the north trail, spending 20 million pounds during their visit. The new highland universty campus at Dounreay is the world's largest universty for renewable energies, where students come from around the world to study. 3i and 16 venture capital companies have opened offices in thurso over the past 15 years, and there are 116 companies around thurso now producing green-energy and offshoot products and technologies. Job growth has been explosive, and a new campus dormatory has been put at dounreay housing 10,000 full time students on-campus with thurso taking the other 8,000 university students and associated staff.

Ever since scotland became self governing economically, the economic growth has been explosive. The flat tax has brought in intensive investment with the biggest concerns being the inflationary pressures on the scottish pound.

Thurso's other big success story has been the gaellic university teaching arts and language, modelled on the university at sleat in skye.

Enjoy your visit to the north, the fastest growing economy in scotland.

(This is in contrast to the depressing likey scenario of a load of people
putting public development money in to the pockets of big dounreay contractors who will all pack up and leave when its done... and a small perspective taken by tourism scotland that does not accomodate a strategic growth of green tourism that can invite more tourists, with less drain on the infrastructure, making the north a year-round destination for
serious tourist money)

The economic planners of scotland are the people who have structured a stagnant economy. Its not the immigrants fault that planners have created a zero-growth paradigm of public institutions sucking the oxygen out of the private economy.

Through
17-Dec-06, 16:14

How many other parts of Scotland have been officially declared English? I think it is disgraceful that the Scottish Assembly should forced to sit in an English City.
I should be demolished and rebuilt elsewhere immediately!

What are you on about Jaws? Where did that come from?

Through
17-Dec-06, 16:23
What' all this tripe about Bush invading Iraq to steal some archeological goodies? I notice that the 'goods' have conveniently 'disappeared' leading us to yet another mind numbing conspiracy theory...

The theft of the Sumerian artefacts is an established fact. This is akin to many of the best ancient Egyptian treasures, such as Tut's golden face, being whisked away. Perhaps you don't think it is important, but historians do.

This theft could never have happened without the chaos created by the invasion. It also required people who knew exactly what they were after. Perhaps you could show us that it's actually quite easy to go and remove something of substantial size and weight from an Iraqi museum. Once you've done that, let me know and I'll take back everything I said on the matter.

northener
17-Dec-06, 16:55
There is a theory that Bush attacked Iraq so that they could get their hands on ancient artifacts..

That's the bit that is complete tripe my friend, never said that the artefacts haven't been nicked.

Worth bearing in mind that the Coalition forces are not the only people in Iraq with heavy lifting eqiupment, and also they probalbly were too busy shooting and being shot at to worry about whats being thieved. Remember all the Iraqis looting after they toppled Mr Hussein? Coalition forces did'nt get involved where possible.

Like I said, it's the theory thats tripe, not the theft.