PDA

View Full Version : Own a pig scheme.... Yes thats right your very own piglet brought on for you

oakley2007
16-Oct-12, 11:06
JUST THE IDEA OF OWNING YOUR OWN PIGLET TO REAR FOR MEAT WITHOUT HAVING YOUR GARDEN DUG OVER , OR YOU LIVE IN A TOWN OR VILLAGE WITH NO REAL CHANCE OF PRODUCING YOUR MEAT.

"THIS COULD BE FOR YOU"

OWNING A PIGLET WITHOUT THE NEED TO GET UP EVERY MORNING , GOOD WEATHER OR AS NORMAL CAITHNESS WEATHER IS DULL AND WET TO FEED AND WATER YOUR ANIMAL. IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO SEE THE CHANCE I AM OFFERING YOU, TO BE PART OF THIS SCHEME NEW TO CAITHNESS.

YOU FIRST GET TO COME AND CHOOSE A PIGLET FROM ONE OF MY STOCK , IT WILL THEN BE TAGGED WITH ITS OWN IDENTIFICATION TAG , SO IF AND I KNOW YOU WILL WANT TO COME OVER AND CHECK ITS PROGRESS YOU KNOW WHICH PIG IS YOURS. I DEAL WITH ALL THE LEGAL PAPER WORK SIDE OF THINGS TO REMOVE THE STRESSFUL BIT OF OWNING YOUR OWN PIGLET.

YOU CAN REAR IT FOR YOURSELF OR IF THEIR IS TO MUCH MEAT THERE YOU COULD CUT THE COSTS BY SHARING WITH A FREIND . WOULD MAKE A VERY UNUSUAL GIFT FOR FAMILY MEMBER.

MAIN ADVANTAGES
FOR ONLY A £50 DEPOSIT AND 5 MONTHLY INSTALMENTS OF £40 AND A 6TH INSTALMENT OF £45 TOTALLING £295 YOU WOULD GET YOUR OWN PIG AT 8 MONTH OLD AVERAGING AROUND 65KG TO 80 KG READY TO GO TO THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE IN DINGWALL.

NO LARGE OUTLAY'S ON ARKS , BEDDING, FEED AND WATER TROUGHS , FENCING

THE PAPER WORK TAKEN CARE OF ie OBTAINING A HOLDING NUMBER, KEEPING RECORDS OF MOVEMENT OR MEDICAL TREATMENT , WORMING AS I WILL DO ALL THIS FOR YOU.

YOU ARE NOT TIED TO THE ANIMAL , EMOTIONALLY ,OR WHEN YOU GO ON HOLIDAY OR JUST AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND NO NEED TO FIND A PIG SITTER.

NO NEED TO GET OUT OF BED EARLY IN THE MORNINGS TO FEED AND WATER .OR EVEN DO THE RUBBISH BIT IN MUCKING THEM OUT

THERE IS NOT THE NORMAL PROBLEMS OF KEEPING A SOLATRAY PIG AS AFTER ALL THEY ARE VERY SOCAIL ANIMALS AND PREFERE THE COMPANY OF OTHERS .

"NO WORRIES IF THE COST OF FOOD KEEPS TAKING LARGE HIKES OR ANY VET BILLS

IF AT ALL THIS SOUNDS INTRESTING AND YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE JUST PM ME ON THE ORG AND I WILL HAPPILLY HELP OUT WITH MORE INFO

MANY THANKS

joxville
16-Oct-12, 14:24
Unfortunately I don't live in Caithness but I like the idea of this scheme, raising your own pig you know what it's been fed on, plus you get all the meat when it meets its end. I dare say it could work out quite expensive (though I may be wrong) in the long term because of transport fees and abattoir costs.

And it might take your mind off of paying for the trough feeders in our Parliaments. :-)

wolwol
16-Oct-12, 17:32
Does this cost actually. include the slaughter, transport to and from dingwall. and also being jointed etc. Thanks

oakley2007
16-Oct-12, 20:40
yes everything is included, transport to and from slaughter house , butchering to your requirements and i will deliever it to your door in person if in caithness. all for your £295

people my say that is a little pricey but with no over heads on your part and no time or effort from you the owner.
i would like to say its a quaility product you are investing in , not some thing out of the supermarket reared only on concrete with no chance of rooting in the open.
growing at a slower pass which helps provide the depth of flavour far different in taste and colour than that of supermarket pork.

joxville
16-Oct-12, 20:56
Thanks Oakley, I have to agree with you, you can't beat pork that's been reared the traditional way. I have a friend who farms pigs near Newbury, occasionally I get bacon and gammon from him and it's true that the meat does taste better than the supermarket supplied meat.

oakley2007
20-Oct-12, 04:16
bump , this debate is going crazy on the faming org have a look

oakley2007
09-Nov-12, 20:02
took down original debate due to others jumping on the band wagon , is post was put on for those that dont have space or time to rear there own pork

joxville
09-Nov-12, 20:26
I'm glad you brought this back to the fore Oakley, I was visiting my mate last weekend, he gave me apple smoked bacon and it was delicious. I discussed with him this scheme you have, he reckons it's a great idea and is going to look into it himself.

ywindythesecond
12-Nov-12, 19:50
It would be useful to have a list of what cuts of meat might be expected with weights and how the whole package compared against shop prices. Also, how would the meat be butchered and frozen? I am just asking from curiosity as when my family was growing up I would have jumped at a chance like this if the price was right.

oakley2007
16-Nov-12, 00:20
i will update the thread when i get back from work in a week or so with average weights and different cuts of meat .

i am sorry i am not out to compete with any retailer on prices and for legal reasons i will not compare my prices to those of other retailers , i would leave that for you to do at your own leisure