PDA

View Full Version : Hemlock

Fidelis
14-Oct-12, 20:35
I know that hemlock is poisonous, but I have read that soaking the feet in hemlock and water is a cure for insomnia
Does anyone know anything about this, before I go outside to find some ?

golach
14-Oct-12, 20:37
I know that hemlock is poisonous, but I have read that soaking the feet in hemlock and water is a cure for insomnia
Does anyone know anything about this, before I go outside to find some ?

Ask the witches on 'e Org they are good at spells and potions [lol]

John Little
14-Oct-12, 20:40
An extremely dangerous alkaloid poison. I strongly advise you not to do anything with it. Try mint tea 30 mins before bed.

Mrs Bucket
14-Oct-12, 20:45
is that soakh the feet in mint tea 30 mins prior to retiring

John Little
14-Oct-12, 20:47
Lol! Nope - drink the mint tea!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/why-you-should-be-drinking-peppermint-herb-tea-before-bed.html

linnie612
14-Oct-12, 21:00
I've heard lavender is supposed to good for insomnia. You can drink it, stick it in your bath and put sachets of it on your pillows.

joxville
14-Oct-12, 21:26
I can recommend Twinings chamomile and honey blend tea, it works for me :-)

shazzap
14-Oct-12, 21:49
Mallet or Sledge Hammer.

sids
14-Oct-12, 22:03
You can't beat the old "you-know-what" to get you off to sleep.

David Banks
14-Oct-12, 22:43
I've only been in Canada since 1975, but am still not used to "hemlock" being used as a name for a tree - Tsuga Canadensis, aka Eastern Hemlock, aka Canada Hemlock, aka Hemlock Spruce. It is reportedly the longest living tree in the Acadian forests of Nova Scotia, having a longevity of 600 to 800 years and reaching a height of 30 metres. So far as I know, I have not seen one since I moved to NS.

joxville
14-Oct-12, 23:24
I've only been in Canada since 1975, but am still not used to "hemlock" being used as a name for a tree - Tsuga Canadensis, aka Eastern Hemlock, aka Canada Hemlock, aka Hemlock Spruce. It is reportedly the longest living tree in the Acadian forests of Nova Scotia, having a longevity of 600 to 800 years and reaching a height of 30 metres. So far as I know, I have not seen one since I moved to NS.You obviously can't see the wood for the tress, trying looking to your left a bit ;-)

Mrs Bucket
15-Oct-12, 18:29
Chamomile and Lavender etc I can get my hands on that ok but where would I get some of you-know-what?

davem
15-Oct-12, 19:00
Mr Bucket?

Rheghead
15-Oct-12, 20:04
I find that 6 cans of cider, half a bottle of Grouse or a bottle of red wine is fabulous for insomnia.

newweecroft
15-Oct-12, 22:36
Try a SAD light, regulating your body clock will help your hormone levels prepare for your sleep cycle. This promotes a quick and smooth transfer to and quality sleep, which will have you feeling great come morning. We noticed the difference after the first day of use. Light levels up here are just to low even if you spend most of the day outdoors.

billmoseley
16-Oct-12, 18:54
I find that 6 cans of cider, half a bottle of Grouse or a bottle of red wine is fabulous for insomnia. blimey that's not sleep it,s a coma.

Mrs Bucket
17-Oct-12, 18:08
Thats what Mr Bucket takes

billmoseley
18-Oct-12, 10:18
willingly or do you force feed him? :lol: