PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to all and goodbye

Malcolmdog
12-Dec-06, 17:28
I have decided not to continue with my posts on this forum.

I have not been an overly active poster, because I felt that I had to re read every word three times to make sure that I was not being insensitive to anyone, thus inciting the famous rants that go on and on and on, pointlessly.

While I am familiar with some of Caithness, I lack the minute detail in knowledge of the area to contribute effectively to the forum.

I have met really nice people here, and no doubt we will stay in touch.

Merry Christmas to all. Good bye.

Rhonda.

Piglet
12-Dec-06, 17:40
Bye Malcolmdog

canuck
12-Dec-06, 18:44
Malcolmdog, please give this a fourth thought.

Your contributions have always been spot on and I have appreciated your insights.

Sporran
12-Dec-06, 18:47
Sorry to see you go, Rhonda! I have always enjoyed your contributions to this forum, and you know you are welcome back anytime. Please don't leave us forever!

paris
12-Dec-06, 19:01
Dont leave, just have a wee break ! jan and happy xmas to you as well .

Davie MacLeod
12-Dec-06, 19:10
Seems a shame your post be lost without wishing you seasons greetings in return and I note your sentiments. I just hope the 3 A’s note it too; the antagonists the antogonised and admin should note that the final outcome should be that posters like yourself need not be made to feel fear to post, and do so quickly before more is lost. Knowledge of the area is less important than caring and being interested in Caithness.
Yip it’s getting tiresome that it can’t be sorted and only the same power posters being acknowledged and views/feelings considered or when leaving the forum felt.
You have a good Christmas you and yours and all the best for 2007.

Davie
(hope you keep the line open for a return)

Orger
13-Dec-06, 00:22

I have not been an overly active poster, because I felt that I had to re read every word three times to make sure that I was not being insensitive to anyone, thus inciting the famous rants that go on and on and on, pointlessly.

While I am familiar with some of Caithness, I lack the minute detail in knowledge of the area to contribute effectively to the forum.

Rhonda.

Dont go, you should stay and be a part of caithness.org

Errogie
14-Dec-06, 20:01
Malcolmdog don't let the drama queens and their soap box world put you off.
Their indignation and sense of injury is all part of the ORG entertaiment.

weeboyagee
14-Dec-06, 20:46
Don't worry - I have heard a wee whisper that malcolmdog has decided just to take a "wee!" break - malcolmdog will be back. We need the international connections on our community website - it's not just Caithness fowk that make the county go round but the friends it has all over the world and there are a lot of them on here! Malcolmdog has loads of connections with this county - has been here on loads of occassions and will be here again (hopefully) in January - so looking forward to seeing you post and visit again malcolmdog! :)

WBG :cool:

Lolabelle
14-Dec-06, 22:02

Rhonda.
Don't go!!!
I too, float in and out and sometimes don't post for weeks. I have never been to Caithness, and nearly everything I do know has been learnt here, (and I am writing a book based in the area????)
Who cares if we don't know local detail. We will eventually get the idea if we stick around. I now post here because its is fun and interesting most of the time and the people are good folk to exchange ideas with.

robynaus
14-Dec-06, 23:58
Don't go Malcolmdog!
All families have arguements They can be sorted with a little bit of thought on all sides.
This site is great and is a link for those of us who are far away from our grandparents beginnings. I've found cousins and more about my family here than I ever thought I'd know.
Everyone has different opinions and this iste is wonderful for the diversity of the opinions and people who inhabit it's space.
So take a break if you must but do come back please. robyn

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:09
Don't know what precipitated your departure, but good lick and bonnie speed if yer off.

Otherwise, come back and get a load of what happens when I take over the .Org!

;)

Malcolmdog
15-Dec-06, 00:15
Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Perhaps a small vacation from the org is what the Doctor would order!!

I have to admit, I have missed logging on to and checking out the site!

thanks everyone for all of your sage advice. A rest is what it will be - see you in the New Year.

Rhonda

Boozeburglar
15-Dec-06, 00:24
Glad to hear it,

Many of my family is in Canada, something I likely have in common with a lot of .orgers.

When you come back they will all be under my new regime!

Merry Christmas!