PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Train From Wick Welcomed

Mr P Cannop
12-Dec-06, 14:22
Politicians are welcoming another train service linking Wick with Inverness and the south. A fourth daily train's been timed to allow travellers from Orkney to get to London in under a day - although this morning's ferry crossings have been disrupted by the weather. Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross MSP Jamie Stone said it is a sign that investment in the railways is being taken more seriously.

peedie
12-Dec-06, 14:23
Politicians are welcoming another train service linking Wick with Inverness and the south. A fourth daily train's been timed to allow travellers from Orkney to get to London in under a day - although this morning's ferry crossings have been disrupted by the weather. Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross MSP Jamie Stone said it is a sign that investment in the railways is being taken more seriously.

what time does it go?

Mr P Cannop
12-Dec-06, 15:57
A new extra train service starts on Monday which links with the first Hamnavoe arrival in Scrabster.

The new service will leave Wick at 8.13am and arrive in Thurso at 8.42am, then head south to reach Inverness at 12.13pm

crashbandicoot1979
12-Dec-06, 16:02
Think its great news. A further step towards improving links with the south.

Kaishowing
12-Dec-06, 16:11
I also believe that a full rail service for Wick has resumed again after the recent repairs due to flood damage. (at least I was told it would reopen today when I booked tickets south last week)

Anything that improves the service is a step forward. :D

outsider
15-Dec-06, 01:25
well today for me was an absolute joke...

came from edinburgh...then had to be bused from Perth to Inverness then we had missed the connection for the 6pm train north so had to travel in a minibus...fot home at 10pm...

Im tihnking of not leaving thurso for a while...

laguna2
15-Dec-06, 09:40
... and this morning (according to JourneyCheck website) if you want to travel from Glasgow to Inverness you have to go via Aberdeen due to flooding!!!

DarkAngel
15-Dec-06, 10:57
Weather cant be helped tho, But it is good to see more services running down the line.:)