PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion!

Arikara
12-Dec-06, 11:15
Can I make a suggestion! Forget about the usergroup, polls, nominations etc for the moment and get back to normal and leave things as they are/were as nothing is going to be resolved right now, no-one is going to agree no matter what is suggested. Keep it simple for the now and let the members get back to posting in the General Forum and in the New Year look to ways of improving things! For now I would suggest taking alll this stuff into a separate part of the forum for debating and discussing keeping the general forum clear of it all so as to stop putting people of from posting. Just a thought!

Bobinovich
12-Dec-06, 11:17
This may look like a cop-out from a Mod but that's one of the most sensible suggestions I've seen. New Year = New Start :D

Colin Manson
12-Dec-06, 11:19
One the Usergroup is formed I intend to create a new forum just for the discussions, everyone will be able to read it but post access will be restricted to usergroup members and the Mods/Admin.

connieb19
12-Dec-06, 20:35
I've got a suggestion too, it might save a lot of time and hastle. Why not list all the unwanted orgers, ie supposed ring leaders, people who aid and abet, acomplaces, people who post drivel, cronies, lunatics, people who would have been on the miserable users list and anyone else you don't want, send them a polite email telling them they're not wanted on this forum and take it from there. Then use you plug in on those who want to stay.
it's pretty easy really, it's what you wanted to achieve originally but just being honest about it this time.
I know for sure I'd be happier to be told straight than people dropping hints and snide cmments the whole time. :confused

Boozeburglar
12-Dec-06, 20:41
Jesus, is that not the least helpful post I have seen for a while or what?

dozerboy
12-Dec-06, 20:48
I've got a suggestion too, it might save a lot of time and hastle. Why not list all the unwanted orgers, ie supposed ring leaders, people who aid and abet, acomplaces, people who post drivel, cronies, lunatics, people who would have been on the miserable users list and anyone else you don't want, send them a polite email telling them they're not wanted on this forum and take it from there. Then use you plug in on those who want to stay.
it's pretty easy really, it's what you wanted to achieve originally but just being honest about it this time.
I know for sure I'd be happier to be told straight than people dropping hints and snide cmments the whole time. :confused

That seems a little harsh to me - who is to decide what orgers we all want or don't want anyway? Can we not live and let live? You are always going to get agreements and disagreements, and yes you'll always get the odd Muppet posting drivel, but it takes all sorts to create a balanced world. If we were all the same life (and the Org) would be a very dull place, but if that's what everybody wants............?

Sounds like its turning into a dictatorship forum - the chosen few are going to be allowed to decide what can be said and by whom!! I never thought I would say this, as I haven't been involved in recent events on the Org, but if that's the way it goes, I shall ask for my account to be terminated also.

Leave it as it is, and this will blow over. Time is a great healer.

Does anyone agree with me, or am I alone on this?

connieb19
12-Dec-06, 20:49
Jesus, is that not the least helpful post I have seen for a while or what?Oh you've been praying, I did wonder why you had no knees left in your jeans. :roll:

Mamabear
12-Dec-06, 20:57
Oh you've been praying, I did wonder why you had no knees left in your jeans. :roll:

Hahahaha, I see you have been reading closely Connieb19 ;)

nightowl
12-Dec-06, 20:59
My goodness, Connie, what is Colin suggesting to make you become so overheated? Don't put yourself through it girl. Just press the off switch and go and watch some telly!

Mamabear
12-Dec-06, 20:59

Actually Connie that is a rather sad post, but oh so so so true:(

corgiman
12-Dec-06, 21:06
Spot on connie You are not the only one with that feeling.

bobsgirl
13-Dec-06, 00:12
That seems a little harsh to me - who is to decide what orgers we all want or don't want anyway? Can we not live and let live? You are always going to get agreements and disagreements, and yes you'll always get the odd Muppet posting drivel, but it takes all sorts to create a balanced world. If we were all the same life (and the Org) would be a very dull place, but if that's what everybody wants............?

Sounds like its turning into a dictatorship forum - the chosen few are going to be allowed to decide what can be said and by whom!! I never thought I would say this, as I haven't been involved in recent events on the Org, but if that's the way it goes, I shall ask for my account to be terminated also.

Leave it as it is, and this will blow over. Time is a great healer.

Does anyone agree with me, or am I alone on this?

I totally agree dozerboy, but do think that they should create a seperate thread for all the polls etc that is going on and move all post about this onto it.
Let the people who enjoy the General section to read the every day things and not all the bad points of the forum.