PDA

View Full Version : Equine Stunt Show in Caithness?

Kally
10-Oct-12, 19:39
So the HND Students in the North Highland College are in the midst of planning their 3rd Year Event, and our main idea right now is to have a Medieval Themed Day and bring up an Equestrian Stunt Team called Riders of the Storm. Of course, there wouldn't be much point having them come all the way up if nobody was interested in seeing them, so this is where I come in.

Would any of you pay a reasonable price to come to the new College Dale Farm for a Day out to see these people perform? It's not necessarily exclusive to "Horsey" people, anyone can come and watch it, so it would be something for everyone. We would also have various other activities going on, (Raffle, Fancy Dress for kids, Food, Teas and Coffees, Lessons after the show!)

So, what do you say? Please vote on the poll and give your reasons for whatever choice you chose, this is a Market Research Task for our module, so any input you can all give us would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much for reading and voting!

Riders of the Storm Official Website: http://www.ridersofthestorm.co.uk/home.html

hardcore superstar
11-Oct-12, 11:58
i went to a historic scotland event earlier this year that had medieval jousting. it turned out to be incredibly entertaining and it was amazing seeing the skill of the riders/horses. therefore, i'd be well up for going to see this.

veekay
11-Oct-12, 13:01
Well done for trying to do something a little different. I will be there lets hope all of Caithness turn up!

Kally
11-Oct-12, 13:23
i went to a historic scotland event earlier this year that had medieval jousting. it turned out to be incredibly entertaining and it was amazing seeing the skill of the riders/horses. therefore, i'd be well up for going to see this.

I know, I've never seen this kind of thing personally, but I've seen videos of what they could do and it's just amazing! It would be something new and exciting to hold up here. Great to hear you'd come if we can get this going! :)

Well done for trying to do something a little different. I will be there lets hope all of Caithness turn up!

Thanks! We didn't want to just 'pass the unit' - we wanted to do something fun and out of the box. We didn't want to just do a show jumping event, because that's just so common up here, people would just be like, "Well, I can go to the exact same thing that's happening next week." - We want something that's going to bring in a lot of people, something that's not going to be coming up here again in a hurry, something new and different - like a one-off show that a lot of people up here (hopefully!) wouldn't want to miss.

Southern-Gal
11-Oct-12, 21:25
I would go to see it!
I love watching jousting and anything like mock battles are fun too so I think an equine stunt team would be good entertainment.

Kally
14-Oct-12, 22:00
Bumping this up a bit :o)

Bill Fernie
14-Oct-12, 22:06
Stickied this so its not lost. Just say when its had enough.

Cheers

Bill

joxville
14-Oct-12, 22:14
Although I no longer live in Caithness it is something I'd pay to watch, it makes a change from Highland Games which I've seen so many times, so I've voted yes.

Alrock
14-Oct-12, 22:25
Although I no longer live in Caithness it is something I'd pay to watch, it makes a change from Highland Games which I've seen so many times, so I've voted yes.

Would you be OK with me paying to watch or would you begrudge me that pleasure also...
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

Kally
17-Oct-12, 11:39
Stickied this so its not lost. Just say when its had enough.

Cheers

Bill

This is very helpful, thank you very much - all of my year really appreciate this! (:

Thank you - we did want to try something different :)

joxville
17-Oct-12, 13:52
Would you be OK with me paying to watch or would you begrudge me that pleasure also...http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gifOnly on condition you get an unemployed/students rate :-)

chocolatechip
17-Oct-12, 20:45
Only on condition you get an unemployed/students rate :-)

I agree with Joxville. I would like to see it too but if there was something for unemployed/student rate thing. Its difficult enough trying to save money while on holiday to pay full price and there isnt discounts for unemployed.

wickscorrie
21-Oct-12, 23:37
would take the family to see but would have to be at the weekend for us, as the kids are still at school

Dadie
21-Oct-12, 23:54
Weekend for us too...(prefer a Sunday afternoon as ballet etc are on a Sat and there isnt much on a Sun after
Sunday school)
Even evenings are a no no as the kids are too little for late nights without me suffering hell the next day!
To attract the masses you will need OAP , Conccession (thats dole/students etc) and family tickets too!
Some pony rides will rake in a lot of cash.......parents with bored kids will pay to keep the horrors entertained ..so if you can think of stuff to keep kids happy you will have happy parents (lighter in pocket) which raises funds....surplus to go to a (local)charity is always a good one too!

Kally
17-Dec-12, 19:01
Tickets now for sale! See the link below for more information! :)

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?193902-Equine-Stunt-Team-Tickets-NOW-FOR-SALE