PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm a rule for the Org!

Rheghead
12-Dec-06, 00:47
OK, I'd like to start a thread to facilitate orgers to brainstorm (come up with) ONE rule for the Org for consideration by the usergroup.

Mine is

1. No decisions/actions of the moderators should be discussed on the forum, only in pm.

Your rule can be serious or funny, but just one rule per orger! plz, that way it stops others from trying to hog the thread.:roll: :)

davem
12-Dec-06, 01:10
"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" Thumper's Mum

Dreadnought
12-Dec-06, 01:23
Lead by example.

Wish
12-Dec-06, 01:27
Keep smiling!

Big Jean
12-Dec-06, 01:38
If something is worth having, then it is worth working hard to keep it !

Gogglebox
12-Dec-06, 01:57
Retain a sense of proportion and perspective when making judgements!

(So many more i can think of)

Jeemag_USA
12-Dec-06, 02:04
Rule: Attention seeking people who post threads saying "I'm Leaving" to see how many freinds they have should be given a new avatar of a little girl in a pink dress :lol:

I'm a genius!

Metalattakk
12-Dec-06, 02:21
I'd have to fully agree with that, Jeemag_USA.

Invariably within a week they'll all be back again. Hey ho, fair enough. No one really wants them to leave in the first place. The process is both painful and completely predictable though.

As for a suggestion for the future:

Can we have sensible, intelligent, compassionate and open moderation, please?

There has to be a strict table of rules agreed upon, and adhered to in all cases. Let nobody be in any doubt.

This is the only way forward.

porshiepoo
12-Dec-06, 09:39
My suggestion:

Laugh :lol::lol:, it's the only way.

Kaishowing
12-Dec-06, 10:19
Blind Moderating accounts....Keep Moderation and User personae completely seperate.
Let people know who it is they're talking to....not as it is now with either a User in a Mod hat, or Mod in a User hat.

henry20
12-Dec-06, 10:50
ALL users should show respect for others views and debate things if they have a difference of opinion - without the need for slanging matches/personal attacks/arguments. There's nothing wrong with healthy debate, but unhealthy debates get ugly :roll:

scorrie
12-Dec-06, 13:26
OK, I'd like to start a thread to facilitate orgers to brainstorm (come up with) ONE rule for the Org for consideration by the usergroup.

Mine is

1. No decisions/actions of the moderators should be discussed on the forum, only in pm.

Your rule can be serious or funny, but just one rule per orger! plz, that way it stops others from trying to hog the thread.:roll: :)

That can only work properly if Moderators are posting seperately as User/Moderator. Otherwise they can post and be protected from criticism on the board by hiding under the Moderator hat whilst putting their tuppence worth in as a User.

JAWS
12-Dec-06, 13:45
I didn't know I had ceased to be a "User"!

KitKat
12-Dec-06, 15:47
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Errogie
14-Dec-06, 20:17
That's a good one Kit Kat.
My version is "If you think you're going too fast on a single track road imagine meeting yourself coming round a bend from the other direction"

Lolabelle
14-Dec-06, 22:07
Rule: To avoid "Kneejerk Reactions", sleep on it and then react if a post concerns or offends you.

danc1ngwitch
15-Dec-06, 15:16
why not just let US be US... as for the people who are nasty for the sake of it well just have them on ignore .. no big deal.... DON'T MOULD ME TO SUIT YOU, JUST LET ME BE ME !!!

Tristan
15-Dec-06, 21:39

Mine is

Your rule can be serious or funny, but just one rule per orger! plz, that way it stops others from trying to hog the thread.

Wouldn't that be two rules....:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
15-Dec-06, 22:17
Rule: Attention seeking people who post threads saying "I'm Leaving" to see how many freinds they have should be given a new avatar of a little girl in a pink dress :lol:

I'm a genius!

Don't know if its me yer getting at,so I apologise to ye now if you weren't.

I'm not an attention seeker,I was an orger who decided it was better to lurk than to post as I felt the forum was losing its magic.I was wrong lurking is boring.I never posted a thread saying "I'm leaving",I posted a thread called "a sad night".The Admin felt this had to be removed,fair enough.

I like a laugh,plain and simple.

So to answer Rhegheads question

Be yersel on the org,and don't be yer imaginary friend.

WeeBurd
15-Dec-06, 22:18
If there's steam comin' oot 'o yer lugs, it's time to read a different thread [lol] !

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 00:05
If you've imbibed a fair few glasses of the falling down water..........it's better to just lurk and hold the posts back until the morning when your head is back together............And I'm speaking from experience here!

abalone
16-Dec-06, 01:10
Think twice about what you have written before clicking submit.

JAWS
16-Dec-06, 07:00
If you don't like it then don't go there!

danc1ngwitch
16-Dec-06, 18:10
If there's steam comin' oot 'o yer lugs, it's time to read a different thread [lol] !

what can i say[lol]

EDDIE
16-Dec-06, 18:43

Mine is

Im sorry but i totaly disagree with that you should be aloud to express your opinion for as long its not offensive to anyone
My rule is if there problem with the decisions and actions of a moderator we should hold a web meeting in the chatroom at an agreed time to resolve the problem there and then and everyone can express there opinion
2.Every one should have the opportunity to be a moderator and we should have regular poles so the members can vote someone new in or out and that way it keeps everthing fair and stops the moderators getting into a comfort zone with there decisions