PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough for cheap one-liners

Tristan
12-Dec-06, 00:06
Come on people ENOUGH of the cheap one-liners.
If you are going to insult someone at least make it worth our while to read!
I am, I believe, speaking for a large silent majority who think those who want to throw out cheap one-liners should go find their own sand box to pee in.

Coolio
12-Dec-06, 00:22
Sorry tristan but what are you on about m8?:D

Tristan
12-Dec-06, 00:26
I am on about the behavior of some of the users, in some of the more contentious threads. Making one line quips to wind things up. It is a waste of every-one's time.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind a GOOD one-liner but....

Coolio
12-Dec-06, 00:29
Make a list of those users making sarcastic, useless, non productive quips and give it to admin, they can look over these posts and see if they need dealt with or not.

Metalattakk
12-Dec-06, 02:28
Come on people ENOUGH of the cheap one-liners.
If you are going to insult someone at least make it worth our while to read!
I am, I believe, speaking for a large silent majority who think those who want to throw out cheap one-liners should go find their own sand box to pee in.

Is this an open invitation, Tristan? :D

Oh, where to start....? ;)

Though, some of the most cutting lines have been short and to the point. An insult doesn't have to be long-winded to be both interesting and equally devastating.

htwood
12-Dec-06, 02:47
Good post, Tristan. I wish those people who are taking things oh so personally would stick to emails and PMs, and keep it off this forum. Or take it to a fistfight behind the barn, whatever.

The whole world is watching...and what are they seeing of Caithness? The worst of behaviors, and the inability to move on. -H

Dusty
12-Dec-06, 13:21
Maybe this would be of some use?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Insult+generator&meta=

George Brims
12-Dec-06, 18:03
I would debate Tristan on this, but it's not nice to pick a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

(Sorry Tristan, couldn't resist!)

Tristan
12-Dec-06, 19:30
Is this an open invitation, Tristan?

Oh, where to start....? ;)

Though, some of the most cutting lines have been short and to the point. An insult doesn't have to be long-winded to be both interesting and equally devastating.

I don't mind banter and cutting lines...but some of them have been less the lame. I guess that says a lot about the posters.

I would debate Tristan on this, but it's not nice to pick a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

(Sorry Tristan, couldn't resist!)

Eyeing George Brims as I sharpen my rapier :D