PDA

View Full Version : All the best

acameron
11-Dec-06, 21:17
It has been playing on my mind for a wee while, but I have come to the final decision that I am deleting my account from Caithness.org. I have been a member from almost the beginning and been here through its growth, and what a growth it’s been. I want to congratulate everyone who has put there time and sometimes thankless effort into its production and what a fantastic job they have done.
While living in Edinburgh it was a doorway to home, and helped me keep in contact with my own kind. I always looked forward (and still do) to the new photos, the stories, the forum and Friday nights in the chat room. I have seen many members come and go, and I will always keep in touch with my mates.
I am deleting my account because, the messageboard is not enjoyable, I have full faith in Admin and Mods, but over the last year every time I logon I seemed to be getting slightly wound up about something. So, if I am not enjoying it, why do it. There are a few negative members who spoil the whole forum and I ask orgers to make there own mind up. Admin and Mods were doing a great job, but with one small mistake by an Admin (who has come forward from minute 1 and faced his mistake), this whole nonsense and paranoia has started. The negative members are taking there pound of flesh, and then some more.
Anyone who has become ex-orgers or anyone who is in doubt about the whole forum process please take a look at the whole picture. It was a small mistake, DrSzin and Colin explained it truthfully on other threads, and in whole it isn’t important.
The whole point of the forum is to post your opinions and not let others dictate there opinion on you. You make your own mind up and do not be swayed by paranoid tabloid like nonsense.
The best of luck to you all, I will still support Caithness.org as always but it will be through the front page.

Regards to you all

Acameron (username deceased)

golach
11-Dec-06, 21:20
Angy respect your descision, but your letting them win Bye meet ye some time soon again
OBJECTION!!!!!!!

weeboyagee
11-Dec-06, 21:20
Gutted acameron. Wish you had stayed the course to see if we could resolve this, and it will,....please reconsider. We can't carry on loosing the contributors to the forum - no matter who they are - the tapestry of the forum as I have said many, many times before is made up of many "cloots" and "blankids".

WBG :cool:

Billy Boy
11-Dec-06, 21:23
well ac live long and prosper mate,i might not be to far behind you :(

quality
11-Dec-06, 21:24
This is not good news, if a member of ACameron's stature is leaving the org, I thinks it's time all you orger's got your act together and stopped your bickering. Or the org will soon cease to be.

Rheghead
11-Dec-06, 21:28
Please don't go! I have always found your views interesting and civil, attributes that this forum needs to stop it descending to where it seems to be heading atm. :~( :~(

Ricco
11-Dec-06, 21:30
AC - sorry to see you go. But, as someone once said to me - you won't change anything unless you get in there and take part. I feel the same way about the minority who are just out to spoil for a fight and, if everything collapsed around them they would simply say "told you so" because they cannot see that they are the root cause.

Don't leave, mate. Take a stand against the crows and bring the org back to the flowerbed that you knew. ;)

Ricco
11-Dec-06, 21:33
I thinks it's time all you orger's got your act together and stopped your bickering.

By the way, Quality - that should read 'we', or are you not classing yourself as an orger? :D

quality
11-Dec-06, 21:39
Yes you are right Rico in a sense, the only thing different about me is I have not been bickering.
I still think that someone has to take charge of the whole matter and stop the bickering and the insults, or we will never go forward and the org will cease to be.

highlander
11-Dec-06, 21:40
Angy i am gutted to read you are leaving, you have been a tonic to this site, and never fail to make me laugh with your wit and humour, I can honestly blame you for getting me into so much trouble when the chat room first opened, NEVER in my life have i laughed so much, and hubby used to keep turning up the remote control, he could never fathom out how anyone could laugh at a computer screen, but he then got hooked onto your rare and enjoyable sence of humour, does this mean i have to tie up my tackty boots, because boy!!! it was great fun kicking you LOL and no matter how much OBJECTIONS you got the boot again lol, please please angy dont cut all ties from here, come back even to cheer us up in chat room, so SIR ANGUS I, its been an honour to meet you, now this is truely a sad sad day, (gawd i know your no dieing, but im greetin) LOL byeeeeeeeeee m8

Ricco
11-Dec-06, 21:41
Yes you are right Rico in a sense, the only thing different about me is I have not been bickering.
I still think that someone has to take charge of the whole matter and stop the bickering and the insults, or we will never go forward and the org will cease to be.

Most of the bickering has stopped. There are just a couple who are intent on fanning the flames 'cos that's how they get their kicks. Admin will no doubt deal with them soon. Be patient.:cool:

Sporran
11-Dec-06, 21:42
Please don't go! I have always found your views interesting and civil, attributes that this forum needs to stop it descending to where it seems to be heading atm. :~( :~(

I echo Rheghead's sentiments, AC. Please dinna leave - yer one o' the best!

changilass
11-Dec-06, 21:45
The chat room will never be the same without you, even when I was down you could make me smile, sorry to see you go mate.

_Ju_
11-Dec-06, 21:46
I will miss your posts and wish you wouldn't go. This turmoil will pass. There will always be someone who is not pleased, but you cannot please everyone all the time, or some of the time or even a little of the time. But you had an interesting participation and those aren't as fast on the ground as those that are never pleased.
I wish when you logged on and felt that impatient gnawing of irritation that you would read again and think about the relevance of what you were reading and realise that it just wasn't (relevent).
Please stay.

quality
11-Dec-06, 21:50
Most of the bickering has stopped. There are just a couple who are intent on fanning the flames 'cos that's how they get their kicks. Admin will no doubt deal with them soon. Be patient.:cool:

Hi Ricco,

Lets hope admin deal with it soon, or there may not be many of the great orger's left. I come from Lancashire and do not post to often, but I read the org everyday and realy enjoy it and have done so for the last 9 months.

WeeBurd
11-Dec-06, 21:58
AC, I'm sorry to see you go, on my odd visits into Chat, you were always raising a smile ;) !

It would be good if you'd reconsider, but I appreciate your reasons. It's a sad day on the Org...:(

Kenn
11-Dec-06, 22:47
You will be saddly missed old pal it's been six years of fun with your contstant wit and considered posts.
I too am having a hard think about whether to remain.

MadPict
11-Dec-06, 22:55
Please reconsider - from one old lag to another, you'll be missed.
I'll miss your Edinburgh Hotel Advice Line. Where else would I get such good hotel reviews.
Stay, don't go.

sam
11-Dec-06, 23:00
sorry to see you leave ac, but the way things are going i can totally understand why you made your decision.
all the best

the charlatans
11-Dec-06, 23:03
And the winner of the quiz is ACAMERON!!!
The quiz just won't be the same now.
Sad to see you go. Don't be too much of a stranger though, Caithness and the org will always be on the other side of the Ord (and computer)
Cheers for making me laugh.

Bobinovich
11-Dec-06, 23:49
Ye cannae do it AC! I've not been quizzing that long but you've always helped make it fun - if sometimes infuriating when you post a question even when you're not quizzie, just to see who's paying attention LOL.

Seriously, things will return to some semblance of normality and this storm-in-a-teacup will cool. We don't want to loose a poster who is so full of wit! [lol]

Please reconsider.

mums angels
12-Dec-06, 00:02
I'll miss you too in the quiz AC..sat in on the quiz a few times but only played along once when you did your quiz the other week and found it very entertaining.:D

Please reconsider leaving !!!

JAWS
12-Dec-06, 00:35
AC, I suggest you just delete the Forums from your favourites list for a time. With a great deal of self control you can resist the temptation to log in.

Set yourself a date in the future to check how things are going, watch for a time and make your decision at that time.
Nothing lasts forever, give things time to settle down and then see if you find the end result to your liking.
If it still causes you problems then that's the time to go and not whilst everything is in the air.

golach
12-Dec-06, 01:00
Now we have lost Changilass as well, well all you whingers and moaners hope you are all satisfied, but I am not going I will be here as long as there are forums, I will be a thorn in your sides for a while, but I can foresee the end of the forums too Colin, Niall and Bill's patience must come to an end soon :(

highlander
12-Dec-06, 01:02
Golach your posting of being a "thorn in your sides" does nothing to help matters, one minute you want to save this place, next you are adding fuel to the fire.

htwood
12-Dec-06, 01:07
I agree with you highlander. And jaws too. Take a wee break from the forum acameron, and come into chat to help us "win" the quiz.

I dont foresee the end of anything here. Some thoughtful input and re-organization, and its business as usual.

People come and people go. The .Org rocks on. End of story.

golach
12-Dec-06, 01:16
Golach your posting of being a "thorn in your sides" does nothing to help matters, one minute you want to save this place, next you are adding fuel to the fire.
Maybe my terminology was wrong, but I will be here for a while, I do apologise

canuck
12-Dec-06, 01:26
AC, my mate, the pie man of my life, you taught me about all the fine things: quizzes, The Thurso Golf Association, loose grip on the club, sand shoes and of course, Jaffa Cakes. We have to see this through. 1893 will never come again, but it will always live as long as acameron's green light shines.

Gogglebox
12-Dec-06, 01:47
AC i have not known you long but enjoyed your posting for years in the threads and recently in the Quiz. Please take a breather and a wee break and come back. Experience like yours is necessary at this time

Im sorry to diversify away from your leaving
I have tried to appeal for calm this last few days and a sense of perspective to recent events but there a some out there who are just spoiling for a fight and a sacrificial lamb
I point particulalry to Dreadnought and Angela5 but there are a few others .You need to take a look at the stuff you are posting it is just keeping this thing going and serving no purpose.

As far as i can see Angela5 you shout that Kingetter has not has his/her say but there is nothing stopping him, as far as the member list says hes not banned and free to come on and post his opinion should he want. Apologies have apparently been tendered

Dreadnought your negative approach to solving this problem and rehashing the events and looking for problems not solutions is ridiculous provocative and just stirring. You are not the only ones

The constant backlash posts whingeing and looking for a sacrificial lamb and blocking a way forward are annoying and putting people off and will be what will be the end of this forum if things are not looked at with a view to solution

Grow up, Get over it and maybe some of the people leaving might consider coming back

If you get the sacrificial lamb you are looking for the forum will be finished
So think on before you continue your pointless negative tirade in all these threads

Fran
12-Dec-06, 02:06
I am so sad that so many of you are leaving or have left. I am on here every night and though i dont know any of you, I think of you as friends and will miss reading your posts. Hope you will reconsider in a day or two and will come back again. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

sassylass
12-Dec-06, 02:17
I have no words, it's all just too sad.