PDA

View Full Version : Biker's Delight !

Sketch
07-Oct-12, 13:29
A lazy Sunday morning with a slow, late rise at 8:30. I Opened the curtains and was greeted with a bright, sunny morning with light winds and blue skies. After a long, warm shower I couldn't resist slipping on the bike gear and heading out towards Wick. With the morning sun gently bouncing off the damp, quiet roads and the engine rumbling between my knees, I felt free and relaxed.
I stopped off at the new Rivendell Garden Center, just outside Wick, and indulged in a full English breakfast and a hot steamy mug of coffee. Whilst tucking into a hot plate of sausages, eggs and bacon, beans and tomatoes with fresh, thick toast; I enjoyed a warm, welcoming atmosphere with good banter from Glyn and Benjamin. When my belly was full and satisfied I headed back and reveled in the joy of the quiet roads enveloped with the beautiful Highland landscape.
It was a simple, short trip out but, was a biker's delight...heaven for just a £5 note and some small change.

The Rumbling Tum at Rivendell is perfectly placed for a biker to stop off.... I recommend all bikers to put the Rumbling Tum on their route and add a piece of heaven to their ride out.

Sketch.

seadog
07-Oct-12, 13:54
I am envious of you Sketch. Stuck on a boat in Stromness but definitely a great day for an Autumn ride:(

Sketch
07-Oct-12, 15:27
Heart out to you seadog. When you next get chance, hop on the bike and treat yourself to a ride out to Rumble Tum, it'll be the icing on the cake of a good ride out.
:)

Kevin Milkins
07-Oct-12, 15:55
Where you riding a dark green Triumph? I used to ride a Trident and it caught my eye as I drove past.

The scran is good at the Rumbling Tum.

poppett
07-Oct-12, 17:03
Glad you enjoyed your roadtrip, and the delights at the rumblin tum.

Next time you are that way on a Sunday try their Sunday lunch. It`s ACE.

Sketch
07-Oct-12, 18:21
I will do poppet. The breakfast was better than I cook at home. Yum!

Sketch
07-Oct-12, 18:24
It's a divvy, Kevin. There is a dark green Triumph around here and it looks good.

poppett
07-Oct-12, 18:42
Always nicer when you don`t have to make the full works for breakfast yourself.

moureen
07-Oct-12, 19:17
Oh how I miss travelling by bike,my ex has a beautiful Triumph miss the bike but not him.... LOL

Sketch
08-Oct-12, 19:05
Always nicer when you don`t have to make the full works for breakfast yourself.

Oh I know! It was a the icing on the cake of a good ride out. I'll be taking that ride again next Sunday if the weather is as good.

Sketch
08-Oct-12, 19:06
Oh how I miss travelling by bike,my ex has a beautiful Triumph miss the bike but not him.... LOL

hehe, perhaps treat yourself to a wee runaround and enjoy the freedom. :)

moureen
08-Oct-12, 21:06
hehe, perhaps treat yourself to a wee runaround and enjoy the freedom. :)
I did start moter bike lessons but moved North do'nt know if there is a training centre still up here.

Sketch
09-Oct-12, 17:40
I did start moter bike lessons but moved North do'nt know if there is a training centre still up here.

The nearest I can find is Inverness and Shetlands but, they do do intensive courses. There used to be a guy who did training here but I don't know if he's still doing it. Best person to ask is Norman Bremner at the Test Centre in Wick.

Sketch
09-Oct-12, 17:51
Apparently this company covers Wick and Thurso so if anyone is interested in taking their CBT and motorcycle training. They do intensive courses over 3-5 days. Worth a look.

http://www.twowheelershighland.co.uk/

ducati
09-Oct-12, 20:44
I took my test when you had to drive around the block a couple of times and if you didn't fall... off you passed :lol:

therealducati took hers on a one week deal with Two Wheels (Bike Shop) in Edinburgh and passed 2nd time (so did I :Razz) so they do work well. She is a bit of a short A and the CB500s are a bit tall though.

If anyone fancies meeting up on Sunday if the weather is decent I'm up for it.

Sketch
09-Oct-12, 21:14
I took my test when you had to drive around the block a couple of times and if you didn't fall... off you passed :lol:

therealducati took hers on a one week deal with Two Wheels (Bike Shop) in Edinburgh and passed 2nd time (so did I :Razz) so they do work well. She is a bit of a short A and the CB500s are a bit tall though.

If anyone fancies meeting up on Sunday if the weather is decent I'm up for it.

Sounds like a plan if the weather is good. How about The Rumblin' tum at 'Rivendell' as a point of meet? The coffee is good and they make a mean bacon sarnie and plenty of space for parking to line up the bikes.

ducati
10-Oct-12, 01:39
Sounds like a plan if the weather is good. How about The Rumblin' tum at 'Rivendell' as a point of meet? The coffee is good and they make a mean bacon sarnie and plenty of space for parking to line up the bikes.

Yep! As long as Glyn doesn't mind (bunch of greasy bikers lifes cheap to their sort mutter mutter mutter..) How about mid morning, let it warm up a bit, coffee and a sarny and a run around the north of the county?

Any takers?

ducati
10-Oct-12, 15:53
(bunch of greasy bikers lifes cheap to there sort mutter mutter mutter..)

Any takers?

In fact, we should be welcomed into genteel society. Who else would be daft enough to pay £100 for a pair of gloves or 500 quid for a hat! [lol]

Glynsu
02-Nov-12, 00:56
All bikers are very welcome.....

northener
03-Nov-12, 01:44
Good to know you've still got the Divvy, S.
Best regards from Karen and me.